Author Topic: Boxing is dead  (Read 5195 times)

che

• Getbig V
Boxing is dead
« on: June 19, 2012, 02:06:03 PM »
 ::)

The world's top 5  highest paid athletes.

1- Mayweather       $85 mill (Salary/winnings: $85 million ,Endorsements: $0 )
2- Pacquiao           $62 mill  (Salary/winnings: $56 million ,Endorsements: $6 million )
3- Wood                $59.4 mill  (Salary/winnings: $4.4 million ,Endorsements: $55 million )
4- Lebron James     $ 53 mill (Salary/winnings: $13 million ,Endorsements: $40 million )
5- Federer             $52.7 mill (Salary/winnings: $7.7 million , Endorsements: $45 million)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2012/06/18/mayweather-tops-list-of-the-worlds-100-highest-paid-athletes/

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Boxing is dead.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 03:25:31 PM »
Lol

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 03:31:11 PM »
My idea of boxing, is dropping the last bottle of Jarritos in front of two Mexicans on a hot summer day.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 03:35:41 PM »
these guys who kiss dana whites ass should read these paydays boxers get
R

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 04:00:03 PM »
Endorsements: $0 ;D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 04:05:17 PM »
mayweather is a stunted growth african american who fights other stunted growth's
A

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 04:11:01 PM »
mayweather is a stunted growth african american who fights other stunted growth's

What factors do you suppose caused this dramatic stunting?  He seems to have a lot of negative energy which I suspect is a prime culprit.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 07:21:57 PM »

I don't get  why  wrestlers, street fighters ,  football players, strongman ..........etc. chose  MMA over boxing ,
Boxers  make more money , fight with pillows that don't even hurt , one discipline is  way easier to learn than many, defensibly  you only have to worry about your opponent  hands, no kicks ,elbows, takedowns ,submissions .......etc .

I just don't get it  ???

danabol

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 07:31:07 PM »
Ok so how much money dose Mayweather have NOW???

Anyone??

che

• Getbig V

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 07:51:43 PM »
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/richest-boxers/floyd-mayweather-net-worth/

Hahaha, he burns money faster than Antoine Walker and Nick Cage, but Cage still has a career after 40.  213M is more like 100M. Now, subtract 5 Vegas mansions, a payroll and gambling.  There's a reason why he is trying to milk the Manny fight for $100M.  It will interesting to see him in 10 yrs if we are all around.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 09:27:40 PM »
You'd think there would be more European Footballers on that list.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: So Boxing is dead .... yeah right....
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 08:22:01 AM »
If I had talent and was young enough I would go the boxing route.
Luckily either factors speak against me so I'm left with dana's vlogs on youtube.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 08:36:12 AM »
I don't get  why  wrestlers, street fighters ,  football players, strongman ..........etc. chose  MMA over boxing ,
Boxers  make more money , fight with pillows that don't even hurt , one discipline is  way easier to learn than many, defensibly  you only have to worry about your opponent  hands, no kicks ,elbows, takedowns ,submissions .......etc .

I just don't get it  ???

its the talent pool

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 11:41:58 AM »
NO CHE , YOU ARE WRONG : BOXING IS DEAD !!!
Just because mayweather and pacquiao are the richest athletes in the world doesn't mean that boxing is not dead.
Infact despite floyd and manny being the top richest athletes in the world boxing is dying!
-The number of young aspiring boxers are an all time low and there are less young athletes pursuing a career in professional boxing. Infact young afro american  athletes prefer basketball and football as career in pro-sports and no more train to be boxers,and has been already over 3 decades that young white american do not practice boxing as in the past.
-The top 2 boxer in the world (Pac and Floyd) are 2 greede cowards who do not fight each others because are afraid to lose and blame each other and the promoter for the fight not happening.
-The corruption in boxing is an all time high involving every one in this industry from boxers to promoters judges refree and sanctioning world sanctioning boxing body(WBA,WBC,WBO,IBF)
-The quality of professional boxer are all time low : Pac and Floyd are lucky to be fighting in this era of absolute boxing mediocrity,infact if they were fighting back in the 80' both of them would never even became world champion in the various weight class . Just imagine pac or Floyd trying to became Superbatamweight champion against Wilfredo Gomez ,Fetherweight champion against the like of Salvador Sanchez ,Superfetherweight champion against Arguello,Lightweight champion against Roberto Duran,junior welterweight against Aaron Pryior,welterweight champion against Benitez or Leonard,Superwelterweight champion against killers like Hearns,Mike Mcallum,Julian Jackson or even a Terry Norris and a Mugabi pre-Hagler beating!
-MMA is taking over boxing because young tough athletes in love with fighting sport prefere the UFC over a corrupted declining sport like boxing,most of the boxing gym nowdays survive because most of his member are recreational fitness entusiast and woman interested in losing weight and be conditioned and have no interest in become boxers or MMA athletes interested in training boxing for MMA.(And this come from me an hardcore boxing fans who do not like MMA)
Once this Pac and Floyd retire , and is going to be soon because both or them are old and past their prime(Floyd had hard time with a shot Cotto, who himself is a shadow of his former self, and left the ring with a bloody nose and Pacquiao is not more the killer he once was since the Margarito fight) nobody will buy pay per view for boxing in USA !!!
I am sorry but BOXING IS DEAD !!! :'(

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 12:17:15 PM »
Just because mayweather and pacquiao are the richest athletes in the world doesn't mean that boxing is not dead.
Infact despite floyd and manny being the top richest athletes in the world boxing is dying!
-The number of young aspiring boxers are an all time low and there are less young athletes pursuing a career in professional boxing. Infact young afro american  athletes prefer basketball and football as career in pro-sports and no more train to be boxers,and has been already over 3 decades that young white american do not practice boxing as in the past.
-The top 2 boxer in the world (Pac and Floyd) are 2 greede cowards who do not fight each others because are afraid to lose and blame each other and the promoter for the fight not happening.
-The corruption in boxing is an all time high involving every one in this industry from boxers to promoters judges refree and sanctioning world sanctioning boxing body(WBA,WBC,WBO,IBF)
-The quality of professional boxer are all time low : Pac and Floyd are lucky to be fighting in this era of absolute boxing mediocrity,infact if they were fighting back in the 80' both of them would never even became world champion in the various weight class . Just imagine pac or Floyd trying to became Superbatamweight champion against Wilfredo Gomez ,Fetherweight champion against the like of Salvador Sanchez ,Superfetherweight champion against Arguello,Lightweight champion against Roberto Duran,junior welterweight against Aaron Pryior,welterweight champion against Benitez or Leonard,Superwelterweight champion against killers like Hearns,Mike Mcallum,Julian Jackson or even a Terry Norris and a Mugabi pre-Hagler beating!
-MMA is taking over boxing because young tough athletes in love with fighting sport prefere the UFC over a corrupted declining sport like boxing,most of the boxing gym nowdays survive because most of his member are recreational fitness entusiast and woman interested in losing weight and be conditioned and have no interest in become boxers or MMA athletes interested in training boxing for MMA.(And this come from me an hardcore boxing fans who do not like MMA)
Once this Pac and Floyd retire , and is going to be soon because both or them are old and past their prime(Floyd had hard time with a shot Cotto, who himself is a shadow of his former self, and left the ring with a bloody nose and Pacquiao is not more the killer he once was since the Margarito fight) nobody will buy pay per view for boxing in USA !!!

Sucks.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 12:19:46 PM »
The key to the UFC's success is the fact that it is ultimate.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 01:51:39 PM »

I just don't get it  ???

Not sure if serious.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 02:07:34 PM »

did you make the post during oscars career?

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 02:08:15 PM »
MMA in Japan

Top Rated Boxing event for 2011
08/31/11 Kameda , David Boxing 16.7%

rest of 2011 for Boxing that hit top 10 in viewership for that day

01/31/2011 Boxing Miura , Shimoda, Uchiyama Lee 7.6%
I0/11/11 Sho Ioka Ioka, Oredon Boxing 10.9%
08/10/11 a Sho fan Hernandez's first world title defense against Sho-Ioka Ioka a boxing 16.6%
12/07/11 World Title Match Takeshi Kamedao × Teparitto 14.7% 3 times that day 10.2%, 9.8%
11/06/11 Esquivel Yamanaka × × Bosukiero-Ao The REAL • World Championship Boxing Nippon Television 8.4
04/08/11 Ao Sen war Nishioka × Gonzalez & Hozumi Hasegawa World Championship Boxing 10.5%
11/06/11 Yamanaka x Ao Real World Championship Boxing 8.4%

http://www.videor.co.jp/top.htm

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 02:10:06 PM »
Do you know why the UFC  emphasizes on expansion because of its decline in the home market/US

No Brock / No Care

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 02:12:03 PM »
Sucks.

I know that it sucks, but maybe the best thing for boxing is to die !
The reason why boxing is in such decline is the absurd money that coward cherrypicker like Floyd and Pac make !
This 2 lazy spoiled boxers fight once or twice a year because they make so much money with only one match ,and because of their wealth also their Promotional company have so much power to make sure that some of the fight of Pac and Floyd are fixed , just like Clottey vs Pac (were Clottey was instructed to not even try to punch Pac) or Floyd vs Ortiz (with the ridicolous WWE outcome with a sucker punch landed by Floyd when the refree was looking on the other side ) . Funny thing is in both this fights is that the most happy about the result were the loser : like Clottey hugging and exchanging smile  with Pac at the biginning and end of every rounds and Ortiz at the end of the fight smiling and congratulating to Floyd for the sucker punch he just received. I will never forget also the manager of Ortiz at the post fight press thanking with happy face Floyd to give the opportunity to Ortiz to fight with him and ask another bout in the future instead being outrages about the sucker punch ending.
Hopefully Pac and Floyd will retire soon or better take a real beatdown in a fight that is not fixed and retire for good. In that way nobody is going to buy pay per view about boxing again and boxing will go back to his roots : when it was a prize fighting sport were the winner take all the pursue ,or almost all the pursue and the boxer are forced to fight several time a year to make a good income just like at the time of 2 greatest P4P boxers of all time : Sugar Ray Robinson (who had 200 fights) and Henry Armstrong (who had 181 fights). :)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 02:12:22 PM »
Triple post meltdown by hardgainerj.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 02:15:12 PM »
Triple post meltdown by hardgainerj.
im not the one posting in paragraphs