Author Topic: .  (Read 2866 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« on: November 05, 2005, 12:55:04 AM »
S

Ledd

• Getbig III
Re: Bulking/Cutting
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 12:17:47 PM »
I cant exactly answer that, I'm sure you'll get a dozen different ideas though.  But my opinion of cutting when your 17 would be dont do it.  Your body is still maturing right now, your still a "growing boy", and you will be for another 3 or so years.  My first suggestion towards your goal is more cardio, if you dont do any now then start and you'll see results quickly.  Ofcourse keep your diet in check but  dont cut so young, try to continue bulking "cleanly" for the next few years.  You'll do what you want anyway though so good luck.

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 06:25:25 PM »
Yeah, take a pic of yourself for your own records.  Up the cardio reasonably and take another pic in a month see if theres a difference.  Remember its a marathon not a hundred yard dash.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 10:42:01 PM »
Here's a suggestion.

Always try to do some kind of light cardio on off days. Even when in gaining mode.

I go for a brisk walk, 25-40 minutes, dressed in warm clothes, depending on mood. ;D

The light cardio helps to speed up recovery as well as of course spending a few calories.

The main reason for doing this cardio IMO, is to increase the overall health.

You'll get leaner as well. But don't include the off-day light cardio for its fat burning properties. That's only one of the effects of it.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 10:32:50 AM »
Always try to do some kind of light cardio on off days. Even when in gaining mode.

The light cardio helps to speed up recovery as well as of course spending a few calories.

The main reason for doing this cardio IMO, is to increase the overall health.

You'll get leaner as well. But don't include the off-day light cardio for its fat burning properties. That's only one of the effects of it.

I agree with Zack here.  The main benefit of light cardio is actually that it boosts recovery, flushing out lactic acid etc.  Now that i'm back at school, i tend to do such a cardio session throughout the day, as i walk everywhere.  I feel that it's really helped my gains by allowing me to keep a moderately challenging split and recover anyways.
:-)