Author Topic: Bob Chick - Tribute.  (Read 52740 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Bob Chick - Tribute.
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2012, 02:29:52 PM »
 :o

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »
^
bob looks good here

he seems cool to me

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2012, 04:42:26 PM »
One of Chick's classic ownages of Basile - asking why anyone would drive a white van for no reason.  ;D

That was fcking classic. And whoever came up with the rubber ducky photo is down right genius.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2012, 04:43:49 PM »
:o

Chick doing a damn good Franco Santoriello imitation right thar....... ;D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
Re: Bob Chick - the legend
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »
In all fairness I will say that regardless of how basile won the mr canada the fact is that he completed and should be considered a competitor and based on that fact he does deserve blue stars, to give Vince g blue stars and not give them to  basile is extremely bias and unfair. just my two cents.

Most people don't think Pete Rose should be in the baseball Hall of Fame because he bet on his games as a coach therefore manipulating the outcome of games(pitchers hated the guy because he would use all the best pitchers on the games he would bet to win, and use all the deadbeat pitchers on the games he didn't bet) If Basile hand picked the judges of an event he entered, blue stars should not go to him and he should turn in his medals with an apology to the bodybuilding industry.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2012, 04:51:28 PM »
Most people don't think Pete Rose should be in the baseball Hall of Fame because he bet on his games as a coach therefore manipulating the outcome of games. If Basile hand picked the judges of an event he entered, blue stars should not go to him and he should turn in his medals with an apology to the bodybuilding industry.

Isn't it odd that he never competed in another bodybuilding show all those years?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2012, 05:23:15 PM »
In all fairness I will say that regardless of how basile won the mr canada the fact is that he completed and should be considered a competitor and based on that fact he does deserve blue stars, to give Vince g blue stars and not give them to  basile is extremely bias and unfair. just my two cents.

Ron has already explained before as to why he wouldn't give Basile any blue stars but as I've said for the past 8 years I didn't have them.....who gives a shit.  I would think that being the 1970 Mr Canada is enough and over at Ironage, he has legend stars under his name.

Its sad because Vince Basile could easily be a highly respected person in the bodybuilding industry....perhaps even an IFBB official in Aussie.  But all he does is cry and bitch and moan all the time about the most ridiculous things.   
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2012, 05:25:26 PM »
Isn't it odd that he never competed in another bodybuilding show all those years?

No he completed in the Mr Australia w/ Arnold Schwartznegger judging.  He finished last out of 13 competitors.  Basile claims that Arnold put him last as part of some conspiracy.  He also won the 1970 Pacific Northwest....he got his D-bol from his wife, Roz.

The saddest thing about it is that Vince Basile is technically an pro bodybuilder since at the time he was competing he owned a gym....so its more difficult to fathom why he would bring himself down to this level of emotional shame
A

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2012, 06:09:16 PM »
Since Getbig is a community of blokes it is almost gay posting here! Just like standing on stage in posing trunks in front of male judges and audience is gay! Hard to accept but true.

Getbig is home for masochists and sadists who delight in tormenting them!

Listen to no-win Goodrum commenting on my bodybuilding career. It is always refreshing to hear from a true expert like him! ::)

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2012, 07:04:04 PM »
Since Getbig is a community of blokes it is almost gay posting here! Just like standing on stage in posing trunks in front of male judges and audience is gay! Hard to accept but true.

Listen to no-win Goodrum commenting on my bodybuilding career. It is always refreshing to hear from a true expert like him! ::)

X2
TEAM WOLF

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2012, 07:08:39 PM »
Another pro BB gone for getbig auch   :o , We should start  Thread with how many pro bodybuilders went on getbig  ;D

Bob is the man ! living the dream that many of us only can dream about.

Good luck bob o/
TEAM WOLF

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2012, 07:35:18 PM »

Bob > Basile
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2012, 07:55:55 PM »

No he completed in the Mr Australia w/ Arnold Schwartznegger judging.  He finished last out of 13 competitors.  Basile claims that Arnold put him last as part of some conspiracy.  He also won the 1970 Pacific Northwest....he got his D-bol from his wife, Roz.

The saddest thing about it is that Vince Basile is technically an pro bodybuilder since at the time he was competing he owned a gym....so its more difficult to fathom why he would bring himself down to this level of emotional shame

I stand corrected...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2012, 07:59:18 PM »
Let's us do a reality check here. Bob was appointed pro athletes rep and stated that no one is forcing them to take drugs. Since everyone does it is a level playing field.

In the meantime, some of those pros are gone and others had to retire because of poor health. Luke Wood died at a young age. Living the dream isn't what it is made out to be. Those titles and

prize money are a high price to pay for such fleeting fame. Soon enough all will be forgotten. At least I still have my prostate.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2012, 08:07:11 PM »

The saddest thing about it is that Vince Basile is technically a pro bodybuilder since at the time he was competing he owned a gym....so its more difficult to fathom why he would bring himself down to this level of emotional shame

The 1975 Mr Australia was fixed. Paul Graham scored me low as did Arnold. So I placed last in the tall class. The places were by class not overall.

In the old days if you owned a gym you were considered by NABBA in England as being a professional bodybuilder. What a joke. I taught high school full time, was going to graduate school at night and ran my gym after school. There was hardly time to train. I did that after the gym closed. Yes, some owners do train when the members are there but I never did when I was competing.

I have a letter from promoter Frank Burwash that supports my claim about Paul and Arnold. Anyone who thinks Arnold is amusing should think again. He was a prick then and probably still is. He had virtually no manners when he was at my place in 1974.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2012, 08:11:45 PM »

So is it spite, jealousy, stupidity, or senility that drives you?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2012, 08:27:15 PM »
I envy no one here on Getbig. Neither do I envy professional bodybuilders. I won't do that to my body. Life is short enough as it is. No need to play roulette with our health.

If I were senile and stupid I wouldn't be able to take on the Flotsam and dispatch them with their tails between their legs.

I came here to praise Bob Chick, not to destroy him.

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2012, 08:30:54 PM »
I envy no one here on Getbig. Neither do I envy professional bodybuilders. I won't do that to my body. Life is short enough as it is. No need to play roulette with our health.

If I were senile and stupid I wouldn't be able to take on the Flotsam and dispatch them with their tails between their legs.

I came here to praise Bob Chick, not to destroy him.

Lol! This guy is awesome. What a treasure!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2012, 09:01:35 PM »
Let's us do a reality check here. Bob was appointed pro athletes rep and stated that no one is forcing them to take drugs. Since everyone does it is a level playing field.

In the meantime, some of those pros are gone and others had to retire because of poor health. Luke Wood died at a young age. Living the dream isn't what it is made out to be. Those titles and

prize money are a high price to pay for such fleeting fame. Soon enough all will be forgotten. At least I still have my prostate.

Keep messing with me and you won't have a prostate for much longer
A

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2012, 09:04:55 PM »

Ouch
T

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2012, 09:13:57 PM »

Keep messing with me and you won't have a prostate for much longer

Do you realise you behave like a Sheila on the internet? Spiteful and bitchy when anyone criticizes you. Keith and I had a duty to keep you honest but we both failed.

You still keep posting your dreams on Getbig. Where is your studio you said you were opening? When are you going to win a bodybuilding contest? It is okay with me

if it is held in the hills of North Carolina.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2012, 10:02:58 PM »
Don't be so crude. Arnold did use force to seduce our 16 year old babysitter. That was in our penthouse apartment in Manly in 1974.

The 1975 Mr Australia contest was a different matter. Short story here. I challenged Robert Nailon to compete in the Mr Australia contest.

He enterred the Mr NSW contest that year and won. Arnold was the guest poser and maybe a judge, too. Hans Meyer looked better to me

and most of the audience so when Robert was announced as the winner I booed and so did many in the audience. After the contest Paul

Graham had his usual get-together for bodybuilders and officials and someone accused gym member Andrew Shigelski of booing Robert.

He told them that I started the booing and others joined in. Robert wasn't at all pleased. I didn't join that group after the show. Apparently,

Paul and Arnold heard that and said they would get even with me in Melbourne. I heard about what they were going to do so warned Frank

Burwash. Frank did nothing and that was a huge disappointment. In retrospect I should have withdrawn from the contest. I gained nothing

from competing but I had challenged Robert and called him a paper tiger so had to compete. Roger Walker won that year. I voiced my opinion

at the judges and athletes meeting that Roger had already won the title and others should be given a chance to win it. Arnold spoke out

against me and my motion was defeated as no one supported me. After the contest a humble Ian Perrott, who placed second, said he should

have supported me. He said he could win the next year. As it turned out Ian committed suicide and never won the Mr Australia. I always

wonder if he would still be alive had he won that year. So Arnold and Paul did some despicable things in those days. 

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2012, 11:06:59 PM »

That's actually a great physique Vince. At least, by my criteria.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2012, 11:17:39 PM »
Thanks to the people here who say positive things. Sometimes one or two positive voices can make all the difference in the world.