Author Topic: Ectomorphs get and stay ripped at 3000kcal's a day w/ zero cardio  (Read 11217 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Ectomorphs get and stay ripped at 3000kcal's a day w/ zero cardio
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 04:33:47 PM »
how lean are you at 235?

i dont believe this ectomorph fairytales, yes i know skinny guys who look about contest ready bodyfat wise and only eat at mcdonalds and beer.and dont even work out.
but they eat small amounts, they simply have small stomachs and small joints, thats it.
once anyone got serious mscle on his frame, metabolism will fire up tremendously.

some fatso with huuuge stomach can probably get away with more cals than a socalled ectomorph, but he can and will eat double or tripple amounts of what ectomorph eats.

you feed an ectomorph some 5000-6000cals daily for a month and see how lean he will be anymore.

I never claimed I was lean. My body fat, I'd guess is around 20% (per the military tape measure method I use).

Being an ectomorph doesn't mean you can't put on bodyfat. It simply means it take more calories, perhaps coupled with age, to do it. Ectomorphs also have smaller bones.

If you're one and in your teens or early 20s, you need to pack away the groceries; or, you have NO CHANCE of putting on any size.

That's why it took 5000 calories plus for me to get bigger in school.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2012, 04:39:55 PM »
how lean are you at 235?

i dont believe this ectomorph fairytales, yes i know skinny guys who look about contest ready bodyfat wise and only eat at mcdonalds and beer.and dont even work out.
but they eat small amounts, they simply have small stomachs and small joints, thats it.
once anyone got serious mscle on his frame, metabolism will fire up tremendously.

some fatso with huuuge stomach can probably get away with more cals than a socalled ectomorph, but he can and will eat double or tripple amounts of what ectomorph eats.

you feed an ectomorph some 5000-6000cals daily for a month and see how lean he will be anymore.

spot on post

i was ripped eating mcdonald's, wendy's, taco hell, etc. but instead of my normal double with cheese, large fries and large coke, i would eat a single with cheese, medium fries and large ice tea with no sugar

also, i did eat a legit 5000 cals a day and went from 146 to 190 in less than 2 months, and my bodyfat went up from 7% to 20%

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2012, 04:50:24 PM »
How many say they cant 'keep weight on' are above 12 - 15% bodyfat.  Seriously...this was something I have run into a lot...the perma bulkers (not accusing anyone of it) who say they can't keep their weight unless they consume 6000cals per day...and they havent seen their abs in.......never.

I maintain my size with about 2000 - 2100cals per day.  No, I am not 150lbs....I am 5' 9...205

That's just it. Maintaining size, once you've got it, is quite easy to do at lower calories, especially as you get older.

It was FAR easier for me to get back to (and stay at) 235-240 lbs NOW, eating around 3000 calories a day.

Fifteen years ago......NO WAY I would have even broken 200, without jacking up my calories the way I did.

And, my abs are visible (at least four of the six are).

anab0lic

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2012, 04:59:08 PM »
this is a bs sweeping generalisation.

no ectomorph of 150lbs can lay around in sofa all day and play xbox, eat 4k cals and not get fat.

I know an ecto who ate 6000kcal everyday for an entire year and only gained 1lbs a week - had to forcefeed homeade shakes to hit those numbers consistently.  Outside of the gym he did virtually no physical activity (worked as a computer programmer)  He did gain some fat as well as muscle, but you stick the avg guy on a diet like that with that lifestyle he will gain 4-5lbs of fat a week.

The True ecto metabolism is a sight to behold. 

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2012, 05:00:56 PM »
We used to call these guys "Skinny" or "Skinny fa##ots"

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2012, 05:01:35 PM »
That's just it. Maintaining size, once you've got it, is quite easy to do at lower calories, especially as you get older.

It was FAR easier for me to get back to (and stay at) 235-240 lbs NOW, eating around 3000 calories a day.

Fifteen years ago......NO WAY I would have even broken 200, without jacking up my calories the way I did.

And, my abs are visible (at least four of the six are).

I have never needed a lot of food.  Weirdest thing.  Any time I ate over 3K, I got FATTER.  Hated it.  Contest prep...I rarely got hungrier.  I like that I can eat so little..maintain the weight...and stay lean.  

I know an ecto who ate 6000kcal everyday for an entire year and only gained 1lbs a week - had to forcefeed homeade shakes to hit those numbers consistently.  Outside of the gym he did virtually no physical activity (worked as a computer programmer)  He did gain some fat as well as muscle, but you stick the avg guy on a diet like that with that lifestyle he will gain 4-5lbs of fat a week.

So he was 50lbs+ heavier by the end of the year?  I dont know if I would call that an ecto...talk to most natties and they are happy with 5 - 7lbs per year.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2012, 05:03:25 PM »
I know an ecto who ate 6000kcal everyday for an entire year and only gained 1lbs a week - had to forcefeed homeade shakes to hit those numbers consistently.  Outside of the gym he did virtually no physical activity (worked as a computer programmer)  He did gain some fat as well as muscle, but you stick the avg guy on a diet like that with that lifestyle he will gain 4-5lbs of fat a week.

Shawn Bradley pure ectomorph , they tried to bulk him up for the NBA. Fed him 10K calories a day and never gained a single pound !!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2012, 05:05:50 PM »
Shit,I stated training at 98 pounds soaking wet and a few years later only weighed 110 pounds....had no clue what I was doing,but I was definately the epitome of an extreme ecto.

I could never get big no matter what I did but I`m fucking huge compared to when I started.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »
Good post galeniko per usual.

The trouble I had when I first started was no appetite......I think this applies to lots of ectos.

I now know that you should add small amounts of food over time just like you would add small weights to the bar to increase your max bench or whatnot.

But in my case,eating big was almost impossible at first.

anab0lic

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2012, 05:09:34 PM »
Zyzz ate 5000kcal a day when putting on size.....did he ever get fat?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2012, 05:14:56 PM »
   zzz was 135

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2012, 05:23:04 PM »
What I don't get is this idea that being an ectomorph means loading up on junk food.

As I stated earlier, to get big, it was about eating QUALITY foods, in mass QUANTITIES. Whole eggs, milk, beef, potatoes, rice, and weight gainer shakes on top of that.

I ate so much beef that the LAST place I wanted to see was McDonalds, or any other fast-food place. I rarely touched any junk food, largely because I was too full to even think about eating it. An exception might be some hot wings during a football game. But, even then, that's chicken to replace the beef I was eating. And that was only on a Sunday. Monday through Saturday, it was business as usual.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2012, 05:32:56 PM »

From the pics I've seen of him especially the younger ones he seems to be a pure ecto. Even still I think I read somewhere that he would eat clean and wouldn't eat sugar and junk on a regular basis.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »
hey i think i can answer nomads question, the effects on lower 1rm trainings will cause that reaction by itself.
think of a powerlifter, then think a cyclist or marathon runner and how they look.a training of something between these 2 will grant a physique of something between these 2.

and yeah, the definition of what is ectomorph itself is very vague.forcefeed anyone and theyll grow.i have seen the absolute typical guy whos considered ectomorph and he told me he cant gain weight even if he tries really bad.
guy was no more than 6-7% bodyfat.

ive asked him how much does he eat, he says alot of everything he wants.
i said, nono, write me down what you eat in a day, it was basicaly something like coffe for breakfast, typical euro lunch at home and maybe a mcdonalds menu.

i then told him ill show him what amounts of food are needed to grow out of that and took him on eating "missions", went to mcdonalds and had him eat 2 menues, a big milkshake wiuth that and then a brownie eaten with the icream, ie he used the brownie as spoon to eat the icecream.
then pizza and put whole pack of cheese on it, choclate bars as random snacks etc.

he started gaining couple lbs every week straight from there, but wasnt as lean anymore, infact got kinda puffy quick.

i dont think ive endomorphed an ectomorph there, i just shown him how much food is required to gain weight in his case.
wasnt even that much, really.

and yes, when the abs are gone, thats no ectomorph anymore, by own definition.

i could eat 5k cals on steroids for a while and still have abs for a while, but that doesnt make me an ectomorph.
also, they often eat alot in 1 meal, but then dont eat for 24hrs bc theyre fill up.

nono, there isnt sucha human who has abs and can lay around all day and eat 5k cals daily over extended periods of time and not get fat.

Ectomorph is a bodytype. That doesn't mean an ectomorph can't put on a major amount or muscle mass or bodyfat. It simply means his metabolism and bone structure are different. So, it takes a different amount and quality of food to put on weight, one way or the other.

My best friend is an endomorphic/heavy-set guy. He was trying to trim down. I was a twig, trying to beef up. He was at 225 lbs; I was at 180. That year, we made a friendly wager. The first one to 200 lb. gets dinner on the the other's dime.

Our diets could not have been more opposite. He's eating chicken breasts; I'm eating hamburger/steak. He's downing egg whites, separating the yolks; I'm eating whole eggs.

He's taking Met-Rx; I'm using Super Mega Mass 2000/Giant Mega Mass 4000. Sometimes I'd wave the scoop in front of his nose and he'd joke about how he'll put on 5 lbs, by just smelling that stuff.

If he ate the way I did, he'd have been a-way-over-300-lb blimp. If I ate the way he did, Michael Jackson, Lionel Ritchie, and others would've been singing to get me more food.

BTW, I hit 200 first and got a trip to Sonny's Real Pit BBQ. All you can eat chicken...YUMMY!!!  ;D

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2012, 05:37:13 PM »

He also did what other drugs?   ::)

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2012, 05:41:26 PM »
You guys do know that 3 somatotypes originated out of psychology? That should tell you something about their truthfulness.

I know an "ectomorph", guy eats like a bird, if he eats at all.

anab0lic

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2012, 05:42:12 PM »
There is a huge difference in BMR between some individuals.  This is why you have some guys that become overweight very easily and people will say to him 'oh he must eat so much hes so greedy' or 'hes so lazy' when in actual fact hes eating the same stuff and doing the same physical activity as those people saying that about him....but is allways at a surplus because his BMR is so much lower.   These individuals also tend to have a very difficult time losing weight because they have to take their calories so much lower than other people to create the deficit or spend all day on a treadmill....  

The ectomorph is the complete opposite of that.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2012, 05:53:37 PM »
Metabolic rates don't differ much in healthy individuals, unless they are either hyper- or hypothyroid. The difference between a healthy fast and a healthy slow metabolism is probably only  a few hundred calories per day. Was all of this info published in the academic bible of the human body, named Flex magazine?

anab0lic

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2012, 05:56:26 PM »
He also did what other drugs?   ::)

So e's/coke make you burn several thousand more calories a day?

Could you be a bit more specific about his dosages?  may come in handy when I formulate my next cutting stack.   ;D

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »
So e's/coke make you burn several thousand more calories a day?

Could you be a bit more specific about his dosages?  may come in handy when I formulate my next cutting stack.   ;D

Talk to a coke head.....

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2012, 06:36:15 PM »
I'm a pure ectomorph. No cardio ever and cheat days to the max.

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2012, 06:42:03 PM »
3000 Isn't that much, mr Gimmick....
This horse's arse wants you to believe he's a medical doctor.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2012, 06:52:34 PM »
i think most experienced trainers whether they compete or not,train for size then lean out yearly,or just maintain will crossover from ecto/meso traits or endo/meso or vice versa as they get bigger or leaner thats why all builds and shapes are so different in gym or stage luck of the draw or work your ass off for yrs and yrs and keep /maintain what u built.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2012, 04:48:49 AM »
This horse's arse wants you to believe he's a medical doctor.

Hey fuck stick....I believe its been proven already....

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2012, 04:54:31 AM »
How many say they cant 'keep weight on' are above 12 - 15% bodyfat.  Seriously...this was something I have run into a lot...the perma bulkers (not accusing anyone of it) who say they can't keep their weight unless they consume 6000cals per day...and they havent seen their abs in.......never.

I maintain my size with about 2000 - 2100cals per day.  No, I am not 150lbs....I am 5' 9...205

I'm 5'8, 200 pounds and also maintain with about 2000 calories.