Author Topic: Romney’s Trip Raises Question of Why Obama Has Not Gone to Israel  (Read 2771 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Does this matter?

Romney’s Trip Raises Question of Why Obama Has Not Gone to Israel
Tuesday, 03 Jul 2012
By Patrick Hobin

Mitt Romney’s scheduled trip to Israel highlights the fact that his election opponent President Barack Obama has yet to pay a visit to America’s crucial Middle East ally during his term in office.

"Romney’s pre-election trip emphasizes the fact that Obama has yet to visit Israel as president, though he has already traveled to 30 countries since being elected," the website BeforeItsNews points out.

The Republican presidential hopeful plans to meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salam Fayyad during the trip, which Reuters says is planned for late July.

Romney is expected to stay in Israel for two days. It will be Romney’s fourth visit to Israel, the last being in January 2011 when he spent three days there during a swing that also included Afghanistan and Jordan.

Even Russian President Vladimir Putin made a visit recently, Commentary magazine pointed out. “Jewish Democrats have been imploring President Obama to visit Israel to no avail ever since he was elected. But while the president has conspicuously avoided Israel during his foreign trips even when visiting the Middle East, the authoritarian running a far less friendly country has no scruples about coming to the Jewish state."

Putin's trip "puts President Obama’s refusal to go to Israel in an interesting light," adde Commentary.

"Even though the president has embarked on a year-long Jewish charm offensive motivated by his desire to hold onto the Jewish vote this November, his decision not to try and win Israeli hearts and minds by coming to their country is curious, especially because it would be to his political advantage to do so.”

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Romney-Israel-trip-Obama/2012/07/03/id/444318

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Re: Romney’s Trip Raises Question of Why Obama Has Not Gone to Israel
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 01:20:53 PM »
Why the fuck would Romney visit Israel? Shouldn't he take his magic-underwear clothed ass to Missouri or wherever-the-fuck Mormons believe the true Mount Zion is?  ;D

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 02:37:17 AM »
Why the fuck would Romney visit Israel? Shouldn't he take his magic-underwear clothed ass to Missouri or wherever-the-fuck Mormons believe the true Mount Zion is?  ;D

:D

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 05:27:14 AM »
Obama is muslim and will not visit isreal. he wants the down fall of isreal.
sept 10th APF

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 05:05:38 PM »

::)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 05:18:03 PM »
This may be Obama's only decent policy.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 05:22:16 PM »
;D
G

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »
romney is losing a lot of ground very quickly in this race.

Nobody here can list a SINGLE STRONG position Romney has taken since winning the nomination.

Love him or hate him - we all know how obama felt about DREAM or the SCOTUS decision.  Romney?  Very quiet and vague on both.  Too scared of offending anyone.  Scared to impress 90% of people with his balls, in case it'll upset 10% of people.  Will this strategy work?  So far, polls say no.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 09:03:27 AM »

x2

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 05:25:50 PM »
Obama Would Visit Israel During Second Term, Campaign Aide Says
Monday, 23 Jul 2012

President Barack Obama will visit Israel in a second term if he’s re-elected, according to a campaign adviser.

Colin Kahl, former deputy assistant secretary of Defense for the Middle East, told reporters on a campaign conference call that voters can expect Obama to make the trip.

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney leaves tomorrow for a trip abroad that’s scheduled to include stops in the U.K., Israel and Poland.

While Obama has stressed his commitment to Israel’s security, Romney has criticized the president for how he’s dealt with Israel’s adversaries, such as Iran.

Obama has also had public disagreements with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu about issues such as limiting Jewish settlement construction in Palestinian areas as well as the approach to Iran.

During the Republican primary season, Romney accused Obama of repeatedly throwing Israel “under the bus” and said his policy toward the Jewish state would differ from the incumbent’s.

Obama won in 2008 with 78 percent of Jewish voters, according to national exit polls. With both campaigns forecasting a close election, the candidates are fighting for every constituency group.

Kahl dismissed criticism of Obama for not having visited Israel as president. Former President George W. Bush didn’t go to Israel as president until the last year of his second term, and former President Ronald Reagan never visited Israel during his eight years in office, Kahl said.

Obama last went to Israel as a presidential candidate in July 2008. While he hasn’t been there as president, that says nothing about his commitment to the country’s national security, Kahl said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ELECT-EM-EXE-GOV/2012/07/23/id/446269

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 06:37:25 PM »

Lol. 

romney is losing a lot of ground very quickly in this race.

Nobody here can list a SINGLE STRONG position Romney has taken since winning the nomination.

Love him or hate him - we all know how obama felt about DREAM or the SCOTUS decision.  Romney?  Very quiet and vague on both.  Too scared of offending anyone.  Scared to impress 90% of people with his balls, in case it'll upset 10% of people.  Will this strategy work?  So far, polls say no.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 06:53:01 PM »

Don't be an idiot..why should he visit Israel???..what has Israel done for him?..they constantly have put him in a tough spot and won't negotiate.....or even appear to negotiate......fuck Israel..and I say this even though I am pro-Israel.....they hold too much sway over our foreign policy

Fuck the Palestinians as well....they want to live like pieces of shit the rest of their lives so be it....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 06:55:20 PM »
Don't be an idiot..why should he visit Israel???..what has Israel done for him?..they constantly have put him in a tough spot and won't negotiate.....or even appear to negotiate......fuck Israel..and I say this even though I am pro-Israel.....they hold too much sway over our foreign policy

Fuck the Palestinians as well....they want to live like pieces of shit the rest of their lives so be it....

Please - those Lib Jews on wall street  financed his campaign in 2008.    you think donations of fried chicken and corn bread from the peeps put him in office?    Lol. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 06:56:02 PM »
Lol.  

those were romnye's strengths.   Not anymore.

1)  "I'm going to repeal Obamacare!"  - Impossible now.
2)  "I'm going to repeal DREAM"  -  Backed down from that now that rubio supports and Obama enacted already.
3)  "I have awesome business experience"  - Can't bring that up without reminding us how he lied about the time he worked there.  Yeah, he did.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 06:57:22 PM »
Which other allies has Obama not visited?

Big deal...  ::)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 06:57:56 PM »
Please - those Lib Jews on wall street  financed his campaign in 2008.    you think donations of fried chicken and corn bread from the peeps put him in office?    Lol. 

LOL....what a racist bastard you are!...you just can't help it! :)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 07:04:59 PM »
LOL....what a racist bastard you are!...you just can't help it! :)
Anyone who calls him out on it will be called a racist.

Because he's a thinker.

G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 07:06:57 PM »
Anyone who calls him out on it will be called a racist.

Because he's a thinker.

I hate everyone equally.   I am an equal opportunity hater. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 07:16:44 PM »
I hate everyone equally.   I am an equal opportunity hater. 
That sounds real nice.

But it isn't true.
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 07:23:05 PM »
That sounds real nice.

But it isn't true.

I hate. You just as much as I hate Benny and andre.   :P  :P.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »

those were romnye's strengths.   Not anymore.

1)  "I'm going to repeal Obamacare!"  - Impossible now.
2)  "I'm going to repeal DREAM"  -  Backed down from that now that rubio supports and Obama enacted already.
3)  "I have awesome business experience"  - Can't bring that up without reminding us how he lied about the time he worked there.  Yeah, he did.
why cant he repeal obamacare?

he still has awesome business experience, even the ppl who campaign for obama admit that he has a "sterling record" him "lying" doesnt change his "sterling record"

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 07:33:47 PM »

he still has awesome business experience, even the ppl who campaign for obama admit that he has a "sterling record" him "lying" doesnt change his "sterling record"
Are shoes natural and should we quit wearing them?

G

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 07:37:26 PM »

Dems have made it so every time he brings up his biz experience (which by the way IS awesome), it WILL be tainted with outsourcing and fetus removal.  It will.

ANd yeah, obamacare has sailed.  only way repubs can end it is by defunding it piece by piece.  No way in the world they start chipping away those good piece by de-funding.  Never.  It'd be political suicide.

And tony, you'll notice romney isn't screaming about it at a podium reading "Repeal Obamacare" anymore.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 01:00:07 AM »
Dems have made it so every time he brings up his biz experience (which by the way IS awesome), it WILL be tainted with outsourcing and fetus removal.  It will.

ANd yeah, obamacare has sailed.  only way repubs can end it is by defunding it piece by piece.  No way in the world they start chipping away those good piece by de-funding.  Never.  It'd be political suicide.

And tony, you'll notice romney isn't screaming about it at a podium reading "Repeal Obamacare" anymore.

agreed...Romney is so off-message its amazing.....he wastes time talking about repealing Obamacare..its not happening and the public is beginning to catch on the Obamacare is actually a good thing for them and the country

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 03:12:22 AM »
agreed...Romney is so off-message its amazing.....he wastes time talking about repealing Obamacare..its not happening and the public is beginning to catch on the Obamacare is actually a good thing for them and the country

Lol.