Author Topic: whaat type of training style  (Read 2531 times)

cowboysforlife

whaat type of training style
« on: November 06, 2005, 10:40:50 PM »
does low volume work?? i've read article on how dorian says that its been proven to work?? but on this board, i read thread that counters that aguent. that the only style that really works to gaining muscle mass is high volume trying. what type of training procall would u guys recommend for a herdgainer?? i trust you guys more they the pros bc you guys are really ppl and not a druged up pro bber.

Thanks all

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: whaat type of training style
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 02:51:37 AM »
does low volume work?? i've read article on how dorian says that its been proven to work?? but on this board, i read thread that counters that aguent. that the only style that really works to gaining muscle mass is high volume trying. what type of training procall would u guys recommend for a herdgainer?? i trust you guys more they the pros bc you guys are really ppl and not a druged up pro bber.

Thanks all

The problem with low volume is that it usually equals going to failure.

When you're going to failure, the CNS will get fried, and will need a long time to recover, up to 3 weeks if you've really done an extreme workout with negs, forced reps, drop sets et al. Problem is that the muscle doesn't need to recover as long.

If you instead avoid failure, your recovery time shouldn't be dictated by the CNS, but by the muscle recovery time, which is shorter.

I am no fan of high volume workouts like those recommended by FLEX, or where you're doing 12 sets for biceps in a workout.

I like stuff like HST or Max-OT. Those protocols have moderate volumes. Max-OT however, does make you go fairly close to failure, "near-failure".

These days I train strictly for powerlifting, during the offseason next summer I'll probably do the HST for 4 weeks.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

loler

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 04:31:52 AM »
yawn...

the answer is: go with whatever style works for your body

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 12:32:26 PM »
try  both and learn to be open minded to different  types of training.

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 05:03:21 AM »
Master the art of different kind of training-styles.

Every program has his advantages over the other. So change once in a while.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 04:29:49 PM »
if you're a beginner start with somewhere in between, maybe 3 sets of 10 reps on each exercise.
over time you get plenty of time to experiment and im sure you can build plenty of muscle whatever number of reps or volume you choose.
Z