Author Topic: The Amazing Spiderman - Worth Watching  (Read 16467 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: The Amazing Spiderman
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2012, 03:42:13 AM »
Why be afraid? It's not that much to spend.

It can't be worse than the movie "Shame" with Fassbender, or "The Room".
;D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2012, 06:50:43 AM »
I am looking forward to seeing this movie. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2012, 08:07:09 AM »
The kid playing Peter Parker looks like a total douche.  The type of kid I would torment in highschool.  Hollywoods fagination of superheroes is sickening.  That's what happens when Disney bought Marvel.  It became utterly gay.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2012, 08:13:53 AM »
The kid playing Peter Parker looks like a total douche.  The type of kid I would torment in highschool.  Hollywoods fagination of superheroes is sickening.  That's what happens when Disney bought Marvel.  It became utterly gay.

lol......maybe they can't find a decent, manly looking dude to play peter parker......the cartoon version of peter parker is way manlier than either of these two

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2012, 08:18:19 AM »
Wasnt Peter a tiny little twink nerd in the original comics?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2012, 08:20:23 AM »
Wasnt Peter a tiny little twink nerd in the original comics?
Yes, even as Spidey he's 5'11 165 lbs...so I don't know what people aree expecting.  Andrew Garfield played the perfect modern day Peter Parker.  Much better than McGuire...he was too fucking whiny.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2012, 08:24:35 AM »
Yes, even as Spidey he's 5'11 165 lbs...so I don't know what people aree expecting.  Andrew Garfield played the perfect modern day Peter Parker.  Much better than McGuire...he was too fucking whiny.
That's what I'm saying. I'll take authenticity to the comics anyday over having a buff hero. Spider Man was the weak nerdy kids hero - a nerd with a heart of gold given extraordinary powers. When I think of manly hero's, I think of Thor. Id say the Hulk as well, but he's also kind of a nerds hero - insecure brainiac scientist who transforms himself into a hulking rage monster.

bentone

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2012, 10:14:54 AM »
I am a full blown comic book geek and I gotta say that I thought The Amazing Spiderman was awesome!!!! I saw it in 3D and it was well worth the extra $$$. This new kid who plays Peter Parker is outstanding. I saw it last night and will see if again while it in the theatre.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2012, 01:31:44 PM »
Like somebody already said, they need to make a rated R Wolverine movie.  Tits, claws, blood, etc.... Its about time to make a completely adult superhero movie. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2012, 01:34:26 PM »
Like somebody already said, they need to make a rated R Wolverine movie.  Tits, claws, blood, etc.... Its about time to make a completely adult superhero movie. 
I'd agree with this. Thor, Iron Man, they can get away with PG-13. Wolverine and/or Deadpool, they need to do a full out unrated ultra-violent kill fest.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2012, 01:36:27 PM »
I'd agree with this. Thor, Iron Man, they can get away with PG-13. Wolverine and/or Deadpool, they need to do a full out unrated ultra-violent kill fest.

With Disney owning Marvel you will never see this.  Now Time Warner owns DC so you may see something like that, but highly unlikely.  Would love to see R rated Superman where Luther goes ape shit and destroys half the world while he tries to stop him.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2012, 01:36:42 PM »
Ah! I forgot about Deadpool!  They could make one hell of an awesome movie if they really cared.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2012, 01:41:43 PM »
With Disney owning Marvel you will never see this.  Now Time Warner owns DC so you may see something like that, but highly unlikely.  Would love to see R rated Superman where Luther goes ape shit and destroys half the world while he tries to stop him.
That scenario make actually make me care about Superman again. I stopped caring about Superman after the Death and Rebirth graphic novels.
I agree about Disney, and its sad, there is so much potential for a serious no shit ultra-violent Marvel flick.

As I said, I think a Wolverine/Deadpool flick would be an awesome idea. So many others that could translate well, an Apocalypse vs Xmen could be brutal as well.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2012, 01:53:07 PM »
That scenario make actually make me care about Superman again. I stopped caring about Superman after the Death and Rebirth graphic novels.
I agree about Disney, and its sad, there is so much potential for a serious no shit ultra-violent Marvel flick.

As I said, I think a Wolverine/Deadpool flick would be an awesome idea. So many others that could translate well, an Apocalypse vs Xmen could be brutal as well.
death of superman in comics was epic,
they dont write comics like that anymore
choice is an illusion

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2012, 01:53:40 PM »

We already know a Deadpool movie is in the works (Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool) I think Reynolds did the best he could with what they gave him in Green Lantern.  He fits the "superhero" criteria.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2012, 01:56:13 PM »
death of superman in comics was epic,
they dont write comics like that anymore
Doomsday was a fucking bamf of an enemy. You're correct, they dont write them like that anymore.
An faithful, accurate and ultra-violent "Death and Return of Superman" would make for a fucking great movie. (Yes I know they already did it as a animated movie)

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2012, 02:13:17 PM »
read this as a teenager, loved it! a film version would be a great way to go
Doomsday was a fucking bamf of an enemy. You're correct, they dont write them like that anymore.
An faithful, accurate and ultra-violent "Death and Return of Superman" would make for a fucking great movie. (Yes I know they already did it as a animated movie)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2012, 02:15:30 PM »

they failed at that animation... it was just ok........
it could have been so epic....
choice is an illusion

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2012, 02:20:38 PM »
Not to soundl like an old bitter bastard longing for yesterday type of prick,but the comics I collected as a kid, and later as a young man, far surpassed those of today.

Marvel had great artists, and the storylines were awesome.

Today the artwork looks like something Salvatore Dali painted or at best crappy anime` !  :(

I was an avid obsessed collector of all things comics, but Marvel was my main concern.

I`d be rich today if I still had those mags!   :'(

Nuff said and Excelsior!!

FOOM  ;)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2012, 02:23:11 PM »
they failed at that animation... it was just ok........
it could have been so epic....

Agreed. I am disappoint.
I watched that animated movie and thought "what a load of crap"

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2012, 02:26:29 PM »
The death of spiderman was awesome.  The one slide of his torn costume sitting on the rocks near the water was a great drawing.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2012, 02:31:21 PM »
Agreed. I am disappoint.
I watched that animated movie and thought "what a load of crap"
strayed to far from the comic...
thor vs hulk was the worst that could have been so epic.....
the greatest comic rivalry ever.. should have been epic
the mighty thor vs the incredible hulk wrecking  buildings... stalemating in strength lighting god power...a close and lenghty bttle instead we had hulk punching thor 40 times unanswered..... what was the point what a wasted oppurtunity and a ruined rivalry
choice is an illusion

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2012, 02:34:17 PM »
strayed to far from the comic...
thor vs hulk was the worst that could have been so epic.....
the greatest comic rivalry ever.. should have been epic
the mighty thor vs the incredible hulk wrecking  buildings... stalemating in strength lighting god power...a close and lenghty bttle instead we had hulk punching thor 40 times unanswered..... what was the point what a wasted oppurtunity and a ruined rivalry
Agreed. It was slightly more accurate in the Avengers, Thor pretty much stalemated Hulk on the Helicarrier. The 1st time I saw it, I thought Thor got his ass kicked, but when I saw it a 2nd time, really shows how close in strength they are, Hulk really doesnt land many blows and Thor literally stops a full out punch from Hulk with 1 hand. (in their 1v1 matchup)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2012, 02:38:35 PM »
Agreed. It was slightly more accurate in the Avengers, Thor pretty much stalemated Hulk on the Helicarrier. The 1st time I saw it, I thought Thor got his ass kicked, but when I saw it a 2nd time, really shows how close in strength they are, Hulk really doesnt land many blows and Thor literally stops a full out punch from Hulk with 1 hand. (in their 1v1 matchup)
no that was still to onesided....

ultimate vengers was close but they ruined it when they had hulk lift thors hammer   :-\
before thor lost hishammer he was beting hulk... but marvel are very reluctant to have hulk lose..... very onsided writers... ruined a great rivalry i have followed since childhood...
choice is an illusion

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2012, 02:40:20 PM »
no that was still to onesided....

ultimate vengers was close but they ruined it when they had hulk lift thors hammer   :-\
before thor lost hishammer he was beting hulk... but marvel are very reluctant to have hulk lose..... very onsided writers... ruined a great rivalry i have followed since childhood...
Better than I thought it was going to be. I figured they'd have Hulk fucking knock Thor out and walk off. I really cringed when Hulk grabbed Mjolnir. I was pretty happy when he couldnt lift it, I was going to walk out. Lol.

It was also pretty hilarious when Stark tried to punch Thor, and Thor grabbed his hand and began to crush the metal. The look on Stark's face was hilarious.