Author Topic: The Amazing Spiderman - Worth Watching  (Read 16581 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Re: The Amazing Spiderman
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2012, 02:44:39 PM »
No hulk still won... not  fair representation of thor... they didnt show his true strength

thats is hulk v thor even on strength non could budge thet other.... the battle was a stalemate but EPIC just those few panels....
marvel have now lost the plot.
choice is an illusion

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2012, 02:48:18 PM »
No hulk still won... not  fair representation of thor... they didnt show his true strength

thats is hulk v thor even on strength non could budge thet other.... the battle was a stalemate but EPIC just those few panels....
Oh I agree, I just figured it would be a lot worse based on Marvel's recent interpretations of the Hulk. But I get the feeling Whedon did everything in his power to nullify that.
You have to admit, it could have been A LOT worse than it was.
How would you have felt if Hulk actually picked up Mjolnir, instead of trying and failing?

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2012, 02:57:13 PM »
Oh I agree, I just figured it would be a lot worse based on Marvel's recent interpretations of the Hulk. But I get the feeling Whedon did everything in his power to nullify that.
You have to admit, it could have been A LOT worse than it was.
How would you have felt if Hulk actually picked up Mjolnir, instead of trying and failing?

wouldnt have suprised me.... i would prefer to see thors true strength showed...... and an epic battle.... eg hulk being hit my mjlonir or punched should result in hulk flying out of the helicarier.... same when hulk punched thor..... Ive given up on marvel films to an extent
choice is an illusion

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2012, 02:59:01 PM »
wouldnt have suprised me.... i would prefer to see thors true strength showed...... and an epic battle.... eg hulk being hit my mjlonir or punched should result in hulk flying out of the helicarier.... same when hulk punched thor..... Ive given up on marvel films to an extent

I just go into them expecting the worst... and if its anything above total shit, im ok with it. Lol.
I would have lol'd hard if Thor caught Hulk and knocked him clean out of the carrier.

What did you think of the Iron Man/Thor/Captain America standoff?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2012, 03:00:21 PM »
  Bat Man next!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2012, 03:03:21 PM »
I just go into them expecting the worst... and if its anything above total shit, im ok with it. Lol.
I would have lol'd hard if Thor caught Hulk and knocked him clean out of the carrier.

What did you think of the Iron Man/Thor/Captain America standoff?

didnt like it gain thor got shafted....
thor is way out of their league power wise, and fighting style wise thor has hundreds if not thousands of years of fighting experience, why does hulk get to even lay a finger on thor so easily..... that thor shown doesnt come cross as mighty to me...
choice is an illusion

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2012, 03:05:17 PM »
Ive given up on marvel films to an extent

Well boo-friggin'-hoo

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2012, 03:07:26 PM »
didnt like it gain thor got shafted....
thor is way out of their league power wise, and fighting style wise thor has hundreds if not thousands of years of fighting experience, why does hulk get to even lay a finger on thor so easily..... that thor shown doesnt come cross as mighty to me...
Well, to be fair, Thor wasnt trying to fight Hulk in the beginning, he was trying to calm him down until Hulk caught him.
I was surprised that they made Iron Man capable of hitting Thor as hard as he was. Thor should have walked through Stark like he was nothing IMHO. Still enjoyed seeing the characters on the big screen though, it is what it is.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2012, 03:24:09 PM »
Well, to be fair, Thor wasnt trying to fight Hulk in the beginning, he was trying to calm him down until Hulk caught him.
I was surprised that they made Iron Man capable of hitting Thor as hard as he was. Thor should have walked through Stark like he was nothing IMHO. Still enjoyed seeing the characters on the big screen though, it is what it is.

the tone of the movie to me was like there was hulk.. and the rest were backup....
but it was cool to see thor and hulk go at it i guess/. they need to maake a proper animation to capture an epic battle between the two
choice is an illusion

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2012, 03:37:53 PM »
the tone of the movie to me was like there was hulk.. and the rest were backup....
but it was cool to see thor and hulk go at it i guess/. they need to maake a proper animation to capture an epic battle between the two

Ill give you that - they built the Hulk up throughout the whole movie, he did steal the show, which I didnt agree with. Could have been something to do with them not having a proper introductory "Hulk" movie leading up to the Avengers like they did with Iron Man and Thor.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2012, 03:44:12 PM »
Ill give you that - they built the Hulk up throughout the whole movie, he did steal the show, which I didnt agree with. Could have been something to do with them not having a proper introductory "Hulk" movie leading up to the Avengers like they did with Iron Man and Thor.

Correct.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2012, 04:01:54 PM »
Your going to always have some " Maverick" loose cannon on a comicbook team.
For Avengers it's Hulk (black Panther is the brooding anti-social one), the X-men, it's Wolverine/Logan.
The Justice League, it's Batman. With Wildcats, I believe it was Maverick (not sure). I'm guessing when they decide to put these characters on Teams, their individualness is stressed, their "anti-hero" and "Eff the Man"  mentality is their strong points, so when the movies come along, they put more stress on that, as it gets more people in their seats.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2012, 10:36:32 AM »

While this is accurate for the 60's and 70's between the Hulk and Thor. It has not been the case today. The Hulk is far stronger than Thor in today's universe.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2012, 10:48:41 AM »

Bullshit, clearly you don't know comics... ::)
Still butthurt over a lesser being in Thor I see....get over it.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: The Amazing Spiderman - Worth Watching
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2012, 12:46:57 PM »
  saw spider man  got drunk and ate in and out burger

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2023, 01:26:20 AM »
I didn't get this either???

I saw it yesterday.  The Lizard was done very well.  I like the variation of the back stories in his life coming to play - his parents, flash, and now gwen stacy (sorry she has to be killed later) - was worth the admission price.

For future villians, Kraven would be just awesome. Rhino would be great.  I don't care for Mysterio (fish bowl head), Electro, Scorpion, any of the second rate characters.  Carrion would be hard to pull off but would make for a compelling story.

KRAVEN THE HUNTER – Official Red Band Trailer

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: The Amazing Spiderman - Worth Watching
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2023, 03:11:53 AM »
  saw spider man  got drunk and ate in and out burger

Nice, thanks.
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda