Author Topic: Tim Pawlenty  (Read 2485 times)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Tim Pawlenty
« on: July 05, 2012, 08:52:37 AM »
He wasn't "conservative" enough and he was a "bad" candidate.

I miss him.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Tim Pawlenty
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:54:05 AM »

I miss him.

He got out way too early. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 06:17:08 AM »

I miss him.

He comes across very unsecure he would look bad in a debate. Doesnt mean he IS a bad candidate though.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 06:25:38 AM »
he was surely kicking himself for leaving the race early.   seeing CAIN and NEWT leading by 20 points because ppl were so desperate not to have mitt, but there wasn't a grownup on the stage - ouch.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 07:44:47 AM »
he was surely kicking himself for leaving the race early.   seeing CAIN and NEWT leading by 20 points because ppl were so desperate not to have mitt, but there wasn't a grownup on the stage - ouch.

Huntsman was a 'grownup' and very qualified candidate, especially given the U.S.'s geostrategic shift to East Asia. It reflects very poorly on our current selection process that a man with his credentials is ignored throughout the entire nomination process by the media, voters, and party elite and that instead quacks like Bachmann and has-beens like Gingrich become serious contenders to clinch the nomination.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 07:47:26 AM »
Huntsman was a very qualified candidate, especially given the U.S.'s geostrategic shift to East Asia. It reflects very poorly on our current selection process that a man with his credentials is ignored throughout the entire nomination process by the media, voters, and party elite and that instead quacks like Bachmann and has-beens like Gingrich become serious contenders to clinch the nomination.

Huntsman got in way too late and was way too squishy.   He tried to be a clone of Romney and wrote love letters to Obama.  Hard to make a sale at this stage in the game.   

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 07:53:22 AM »
He comes across very inunsecure he would look bad in a debate. Doesnt mean he IS a bad candidate though.
Fixed. You're welcome.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 08:06:46 AM »
If you choose presidents based on magical properties like 'squishyness' then that's fine, but I'm talking about resumes here.

Who was your choice?

I voted for ron Paul in the NYS primary and liked Huntsman but he did not come across that well TBH.  Too late in the game and underfunded.  .

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 12:48:32 PM »
He looked good early, but was flat.  Voters didn't like him.  He's probably on the VP short list. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 12:56:05 PM »
Huntsman got in way too late and was way too squishy.   He tried to be a clone of Romney and wrote love letters to Obama.  Hard to make a sale at this stage in the game.   

huntsmann would be wrecking obama right now dude.  way too SQUiSHY? 

The dude was qualified.  he knew chinese finance.  He was calm and a real statesman.

Instead everyone was cheering on herman fuucking cain with '999' bullshit.

gosh, it's like maybe 4 more years of obama can make repubs grow a freaking brain, and not choose a spineless pussy, or a used car salesman in 2016, maybe?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 12:57:56 PM »
Huntsman was a 'grownup' and very qualified candidate, especially given the U.S.'s geostrategic shift to East Asia. It reflects very poorly on our current selection process that a man with his credentials is ignored throughout the entire nomination process by the media, voters, and party elite and that instead quacks like Bachmann and has-beens like Gingrich become serious contenders to clinch the nomination.

He wasn't ignored.  He was invited to debates.  He got his national exposure.  He just ran a lousy campaign.  And the voters didn't like him.  I don't think he ever got much above 1 percent nationally in the polls. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 12:59:21 PM »
He wasn't ignored.  He was invited to debates.  He got his national exposure.  He just ran a lousy campaign.  And the voters didn't like him.  I don't think he ever got much above 1 percent nationally in the polls. 

they were too enthralled with "Who will be the most entertaining president, most likely to bodyslam a foreign leader?  Cain?  or trump?  Who is a bigger victim?  Who does the media pick on more?  Who can be the biggest fcking sideshow?

You could not have made a cartoon character of hermann cain - it wouldn't have been believable.  Answering "999" to foreign policy Qs.  Seriously?

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 06:05:25 AM »
He wasn't ignored.  He was invited to debates.  He got his national exposure.  He just ran a lousy campaign.  And the voters didn't like him.  I don't think he ever got much above 1 percent nationally in the polls.  

What you say here is consistent with my point: the people with the best resumes aren't getting selected (i.e., are getting ignored -- as the statistics you cite indicate) and instead those that, as you imply, run the "best" (whatever that means) campaigns, are. That someone as disastrous as Bachmann gets a serious look over Huntsman implies a deeply dysfunctional system. Hence, my complaint.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 07:27:01 AM »
What you say here is consistent with my point: the people with the best resumes aren't getting selected (i.e., are getting ignored -- as the statistics you cite indicate) and instead those that, as you imply, run the "best" (whatever that means) campaigns, are. That someone as disastrous as Bachmann gets a serious look over Huntsman implies a deeply dysfunctional system. Hence, my complaint.

Hence Obama sine Hillary was far more. Qualified and sensible.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 10:01:18 AM »
they were too enthralled with "Who will be the most entertaining president, most likely to bodyslam a foreign leader?  Cain?  or trump?  Who is a bigger victim?  Who does the media pick on more?  Who can be the biggest fcking sideshow?

You could not have made a cartoon character of hermann cain - it wouldn't have been believable.  Answering "999" to foreign policy Qs.  Seriously?

This is pretty hilarious considering you have ZERO posts in the thread about last month's jobs numbers. In-fact, you've been posting around like the little bitch that you are because you and I both know you have no way to spin it.

You spend more time than anyone else on here talking about useless shit.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 03:10:47 AM »

To win the GOP primary its good to be a little racist, pro death panelty and proud of it, own 30+ guns and cllaim the role of victim and blaim liberal leftist media for everything.

Huntsman was actually intelligent on on topics and most of the GOP voters dont get that

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 03:11:46 AM »
This is pretty hilarious considering you have ZERO posts in the thread about last month's jobs numbers. In-fact, you've been posting around like the little bitch that you are because you and I both know you have no way to spin it.

Do you want government controlled economy like the USSR had before?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 10:54:55 PM »

Huntsman wasn't ignored.  He had his opportunity.  He just wasn't a good candidate.  He didn't debate well.  He didn't campaign well.  He made huge blunders.  He wasn't loyal to his party.  Can't do that and expect to win.  

Bachmann got the same look as Huntsman and had only slightly better results.  Voters, including those in her backyard, didn't want her, so not sure on what basis you say she got a serious look over Huntsman.  

I have a problem with the fact we have lousy candidates in every election.  The problem is our best and brightest don't run, not that they get overlooked when they do run.  

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 12:17:05 AM »
Huntsman wasn't ignored.  He had his opportunity.  He just wasn't a good candidate.  He didn't debate well.  He didn't campaign well.  He made huge blunders.  He wasn't loyal to his party.  Can't do that and expect to win.  

Bachmann got the same look as Huntsman and had only slightly better results.  Voters, including those in her backyard, didn't want her, so not sure on what basis you say she got a serious look over Huntsman.  

I have a problem with the fact we have lousy candidates in every election.  The problem is our best and brightest don't run, not that they get overlooked when they do run.  

Everything I've said is entailed by the publicly available statistics.

-Huntsman's poll numbers indicate he was ignored by the electorate, i.e., never seriously considered as a candidate to win the nomination.
-Conversely, sometime in the "anyone but Mitt" phase of the primaries, Bachmann topped the polls ahead of Romney. This culminated in her winning the Ames Straw Poll in Iowa in August.

Anyway, who would you have preferred as a candidate? You mention the best and brightest not running. Is there someone you had in mind, or, in retrospect, have in mind as being the most qualified this election cycle who didn't run?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 04:35:11 AM »
LOL... there are people who consider trump, perry and cain to be smarter than Huntsmann.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 11:34:15 AM »
LOL... there are people who consider trump, perry and cain to be smarter than Huntsmann.

And there are people who consider Obama smarter than Romney - go figure. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 12:51:33 PM »
Everything I've said is entailed by the publicly available statistics.

-Huntsman's poll numbers indicate he was ignored by the electorate, i.e., never seriously considered as a candidate to win the nomination.
-Conversely, sometime in the "anyone but Mitt" phase of the primaries, Bachmann topped the polls ahead of Romney. This culminated in her winning the Ames Straw Poll in Iowa in August.

Anyway, who would you have preferred as a candidate? You mention the best and brightest not running. Is there someone you had in mind, or, in retrospect, have in mind as being the most qualified this election cycle who didn't run?

Huntsman's poll numbers show the voters did not like him, not that he was ignored. 

In any event, I created a thread a while back about who I would have liked to see run:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=377373.0

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 02:22:21 AM »
Huntsman's poll numbers show the voters did not like him, not that he was ignored. 

In any event, I created a thread a while back about who I would have liked to see run:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=377373.0

Like i said before most republican vooters dont like non-racist, intelligent people. They want somebody they can relate to.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 12:59:26 PM »
Like i said before most republican vooters dont like non-racist, intelligent people. They want somebody they can relate to.

::)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 01:27:34 PM »

Wasnt he the same guy cheering on Santorum because he thought it would make for a more entertaining debate and campaign? Wanting to see him melt down and attack Obama?