Author Topic: Anderson Silva brought Steven Segal with him to the fight!  (Read 15894 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Anderson Silva brought Steven Segal with him to the fight!
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2012, 10:23:17 PM »

lol!!!!!  ;D  perfect reaction.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2012, 10:27:08 PM »
If it was to the head, then why didn't Chael make mention of it when Rogan interviewed him after the fight?

This is what Chael had to say, "He's a true champion, man," Sonnen said. "He got me with a good shot. I was on the ground, he got me with a good knee and other than that, I'm going to have to look at the tape."

He could have simply said that he doesn't understand why an illegal knee to the head was allowed by the ref, but he didn't, I wonder why?  You know Chael is not shy and loves to be outspoken, so if he didn't say that, it was very clear that he didn't have the grounds to say so.

"1"

Listen to Rogan's podcast of Chael talking about MMA being fixed. Rogan was uncomfortable everytime Chael was bring it up. IMOP Chael was foreshadowing this fixed fight.He kept talking about MMA being fixed. Esp Pride fights. So if he took a dive, why in the world would he talk about a knee to the head while on the ground? He wouln't. He would take his check and move along. He even talked about MMA being the biggest thing in Brazil.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2012, 10:30:08 PM »
Listen to Rogan's podcast of Chael talking about MMA being fixed. Rogan was uncomfortable everytime Chael was bring it up. IMOP Chael was foreshadowing this fixed fight.He kept talking about MMA being fixed. Esp Pride fights.

I don't know man.  I heard that podcast and while I enjoyed Chael's real persona (he seemed like a genuinely nice guy who has the charisma of a WWF wrestler), I doubt this fight was in any way fixed man.

We've seen work in the past.  Ken Shamrock comes to mind with regard to work, but this didn't have any signs of work.

"1"

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2012, 10:30:57 PM »
Listen to Rogan's podcast of Chael talking about MMA being fixed. Rogan was uncomfortable everytime Chael was bring it up. IMOP Chael was foreshadowing this fixed fight.He kept talking about MMA being fixed. Esp Pride fights. So if he took a dive, why in the world would he talk about a knee to the head while on the ground? He wouln't. He would take his check and move along. He even talked about MMA being the biggest thing in Brazil.

You heard it here first people  ;)

nefario

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2012, 10:31:20 PM »

By that logic, Chael definitely wouldn't have discussed the sport being fixed ahead of time, as it could potentially cast his bout in a negative light afterwards.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2012, 10:34:20 PM »
I don't know man.  I heard that podcast and while I enjoyed Chael's real persona (he seemed like a genuinely nice guy who has the charisma of a WWF wrestler), I doubt this fight was in any way fixed man.

We've seen work in the past.  Ken Shamrock comes to mind with regard to work, but this didn't have any signs of work.

"1"

I'll leave it alone but it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Rogan hardly had one good thing to say about Chael while the first round was happening and its obvious Chael was in total control. Although never really hurt Silva. Thought it was odd that the announcers weren't calling the fight the way it was going down. It was all Silva in their eyes and they wanted everyone to know it was Silva's night. Just weird.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2012, 10:37:50 PM »
I'll leave it alone but it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Rogan hardly had one good thing to say about Chael while the first round was happening and its obvious Chael was in total control. Although never really hurt Silva. Thought it was odd that the announcers weren't calling the fight the way it was going down. It was all Silva in their eyes and they wanted everyone to know it was Silva's night. Just weird.

No, no...  Don't leave it alone.

I appreciate a solid discussion regarding controversial topics.

Just to show you that you do have a decent basis for believing in fights being fixed/work, I will post a .GIF showing where Ken Shamrock took a "dive" when fighting Rich Franklin many years back.

I am not saying that it isn't possible.  What I am saying is that these two guys (Chael & Anderson), have no reason to work the fight.  There won't be a rematch now that Anderson beat Chael twice.  If Anderson had lost the first match and now won the second, then we could argue that the fix was done in order to them fight a third match.  Clearly, that isn't the case.

"1"

P.S. Ken Shamrock is notoriously known for taking dives in order to collect a quick payday, while receiving little to no physical harm.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2012, 10:38:32 PM »
By that logic, Chael definitely wouldn't have discussed the sport being fixed ahead of time, as it could potentially cast his bout in a negative light afterwards.

Google the word foreshadowing. Rogan and Chael talk a lot about the ego. Chael is a total egomanic if not a sociopath. A man like him having to take a dive would want someone out there to know that he really didn't lose a fight. He even talks to Rogan about never ever losing a round by points in his life. Yet losing in other ways. The dude is a very smart guy. And imop took a dive tonight.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2012, 10:38:58 PM »
The UFC is a "closed shop"  Zuffa owns that place lock stock and barrell.  hey control who fights who and when.  If they were going to up and fix a fight they sure as hell wouldn't have had Sonnen losing...they'd have put him over to set up a mega $$$$ rematch.  Calling a fix doesn't even make sense....

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2012, 10:41:46 PM »
Google the word foreshadowing. Rogan and Chael talk a lot about the ego. Chael is a total egomanic if not a sociopath. A man like him having to take a dive would want someone out there to know that he really didn't lose a fight. He even talks to Rogan about never ever losing a round by points in his life. Yet losing in other ways. The dude is a very smart guy. And imop took a dive tonight.

I didn't see the fight, but I agree in regards to your assessment of Chael's personality.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2012, 10:43:49 PM »

Just to show you that you do have a decent basis for believing in fights being fixed/work, I will post a .GIF showing where Ken Shamrock took a "dive" when fighting Rich Franklin many years back.

I am not saying that it isn't possible.  What I am saying is that these two guys (Chael & Anderson), have no reason to work the fight.  There won't be a rematch now that Anderson beat Chael twice.  If Anderson had lost the first match and now won the second, then we could argue that the fix was done in order to them fight a third match.  Clearly, that isn't the case.

"1"

P.S. Ken Shamrock is notoriously known for taking dives in order to collect a quick payday, while receiving little to no physical harm.
While I agree that the gif looks fishy, I can't help but wonder if Ken got caught at the exact moment he was dropping to another level to go for the takedown.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2012, 10:44:33 PM »

"1"

There won't be a rematch because Chael got legitimate death threats by the thousands from people in Brazil. And Dana wants MMA to explode even more in Brazil if possible. Some of said that Dana wants Chael as far away from Brazil as possible. The last thing Dana wants is someone being killed over a fight(Chael/Silva) Chael losing in the 2nd round is perfect for Dana. Silva can move on and bring the brand to another level and Chael can go do his thing. Chael was the most hated man in America as far as Brazil MMA was concerned. In America, we would say thats good for business. But in Brazil, it's fucking deadly and the worst thing for a company(UFC)

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2012, 10:48:44 PM »
LOL, that gif of 148 posted earlier looks like a dive if I ever saw one! This shit is starting to become as bad as boxing. Dana is terrible for this sport. He's a piece of shit clearly playing in to the hands of the turd-world savage fans in Brazil. Good thing Chael is a bad actor.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2012, 10:49:41 PM »
The UFC is a "closed shop"  Zuffa owns that place lock stock and barrell.  hey control who fights who and when.  If they were going to up and fix a fight they sure as hell wouldn't have had Sonnen losing...they'd have put him over to set up a mega $$$$ rematch.  Calling a fix doesn't even make sense....

Over 50 people died one night in a soccer match in Brazil. They were looking at 80 to over 100 thousand people in the arena of the Chael/ Silva fight in Brazil. The only reason it didn't happen in Brazil is because "they" estimated over 100 deaths in that fight. Don't ask me how they came to that number but Chael would have caused a riot. Dana wants to move as far away from Chael as possible in terms of Brazil. UFC doesn't need that kind of attention in that country. MMA already sells ten fold there.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2012, 10:54:40 PM »
LOL, that gif of 148 posted earlier looks like a dive if I ever saw one! This shit is starting to become as bad as boxing. Dana is terrible for this sport. He's a piece of shit clearly playing in to the hands of the turd-world savage fans in Brazil. Good thing Chael is a bad actor.

Go back 5 years and people on this board would tell you how Pride was the best of the best in MMA. Well Chael among others have come out and told use that Pride was totally fake. WWE style. HMMM Now we know why FEdor was such a badass.lol

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2012, 10:59:55 PM »
Go back 5 years and people on this board would tell you have Pride was the best of the best in MMA. Well Chael among others have come out and told use that Pride was totally fake. WWE style. HMMM Now we know why FEdor was such a badass.lol

After tonight I'm definitely looking at Fedor in a new light. And after seeing that gif and hearing what Chael said on the podcast I'm 99% convinced he took a dive. I'll never pay for another UFC event (not that I've paid for many--but a couple). What a joke. And you're right, sociopath Sonnen was subtly letting the people know that he didn't *really* lose.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2012, 11:12:39 PM »
After tonight I'm definitely looking at Fedor in a new light. And after seeing that gif and hearing what Chael said on the podcast I'm 99% convinced he took a dive. I'll never pay for another UFC event (not that I've paid for many--but a couple). What a joke. And you're right, sociopath Sonnen was subtly letting the people know that he didn't *really* lose.

He really wanted to talk about fake fights with Rogan who clearly was trying to cover for some fighters. I'm a huge believe in "people in the know" wanting to leave clues(foreshadow) things. Chael is fucking badass to the most degree. What he did in the first round was the whole fight to me. I also would say that he most likely lost the first fight on purpose as well. Dana is fucked in the head and only thinks about business. And Silva is a god in Brazil. I think Chael putting down Brazil in a passive aggressive way was also his way of foreshadowing the future. One more unreal thing about the Rogan podcast was Chael talking about DB COOPER out of the blue. The DB COOPER Hoax cemented Chael's foreshadowing to me.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2012, 11:13:00 PM »
Don't you guys think that they would have let Tito win his farewell fight tonight?  That would have been a "fixable" fight right?  

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2012, 11:13:24 PM »

DB COOPER ;)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2012, 11:14:39 PM »
Don't you guys think that they would have let Tito win his farewell fight tonight?  That would have been a "fixable" fight right?  

Dana hates Tito with a passion. And lets not forget, Tito eats the pussy of whores. You can't respect any man who does that regardless of what they do.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2012, 11:14:52 PM »
He really wanted to talk about fake fights with Rogan who clearly was trying to cover for some fighters. I'm a huge believe in "people in the know" wanting to leave clues(foreshadow) things. Chael is fucking badass to the most degree. What he did in the first round was the whole fight to me. I also would say that he most likely lost the first fight on purpose as well. Dana is fucked in the head and only thinks about business. And Silva is a god in Brazil. I think Chael putting down Brazil in a passive aggressive way was also his way of foreshadowing the future. One more unreal thing about the Rogan podcast was Chael talking about DB COOPER out of the blue. The DB COOPER Hoax cemented Chael's foreshadowing to me.
What would that say about guys like Chael then?  What real man takes dives, and loses on purpose?  Real fighters would never do that shit.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2012, 11:16:50 PM »
Dana hates Tito with a passive. And lets not forget, Tito eats the pussy of whores. You can't respect any man who does that regardless of what they do.
Thats true.  Tito is the ultimate attention whore. If there is fight fixing, you can expect Tito to come out with a book and do tons of interviews, now that he is out of the UFC.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2012, 11:20:30 PM »
Dana hates Tito with a passion. And lets not forget, Tito eats the pussy of whores. You can't respect any man who does that regardless of what they do.

LOL  ;D

And

Why does Dana hate Tito?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2012, 11:21:52 PM »
What would that say about guys like Chael then?  What real man takes dives, and loses on purpose?  Real fighters would never do that shit.

Real fighters wouldn't fight in the biggest event on the planet then. They would be stuck fighting tuff man contest etc. I agree it sucks. These guys still or the baddest mother fukcers on the planet. It just means that like NBA basketball, the best of the best still have to play by the Billionaires rules.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2012, 11:25:07 PM »
LOL  ;D

And

Why does Dana hate Tito?

Come on bro. Dana and Tito hated each other for years. Let me guess, you just got into MMA over the past couple years?