Author Topic: Cars - what kind of car do you have seriously?  (Read 77378 times)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Cars - what kind of car do you have seriously?
« Reply #350 on: April 06, 2014, 06:53:46 PM »
I'm thinking of getting a dodge journey or something similar as I am getting another big dog.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #351 on: April 06, 2014, 07:00:33 PM »
Have a 2013 F150, stepping it up in 2016 to this...

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #352 on: April 06, 2014, 08:46:16 PM »
i got a 84 corvette, its old but i love it, plus i cant afford a new one anyway right now :( the whole roof comes off which is cool, i really take good care of it, waxing it n keeping it tuned up ect. one thing about vettes is they always look cool 8)

Sweet!

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #353 on: April 06, 2014, 08:49:36 PM »

I wouldn't mind it if I could afford a new Dodge Ram pickup in white.  But alas, I cannot.  Had an 03 F150  and liked it very much but my wife needed a car so I traded it in on a Passat for her. 

Wish I still had my Toyota pickup.  It was a '95 (?) or whatever was the last year before the Tacoma came out.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #354 on: April 06, 2014, 08:49:56 PM »
An old ass civic

Debating between a x3 35i or a 3 series wagon right now, the x3 drives sloppier but the wagon is stupid overpriced for a 4 banger and we don't get the euro v6 option over here. But the 2015 x3 has no msport package out until may.

Murcia, fuck yeah.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #355 on: April 06, 2014, 08:55:29 PM »

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: April 06, 2014, 10:44:52 PM »

that thing is awesome!!

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #357 on: April 07, 2014, 12:08:59 AM »
Mine looks better from the inside...

Second one in 2 months - first one, the gearbox went after 9 days. German engineering, eh?

They replaced the whole car though.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #358 on: April 07, 2014, 12:10:42 AM »
Mine looks better from the inside...

Second one in 2 months - first one, the gearbox went after 9 days. German engineering, eh?

They replaced the whole car though.
Steering wheel on the right side of peace  :-X

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #359 on: April 07, 2014, 12:14:59 AM »
Thailand - we drive on the left...

Well - I drive on the left - every other fucker just seems to drive wherever the fuck they want - but left is what it would say in their highway code, were they to have one.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #360 on: April 07, 2014, 12:19:46 AM »
Thailand - we drive on the left...

Well - I drive on the left - every other fucker just seems to drive wherever the fuck they want - but left is what it would say in their highway code, were they to have one.
Why would you even bother with a nice car like that in Thailand? Don't they still have bikes with tents on them?

It's like driving an Aston Martin in Rwanda.

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #361 on: April 07, 2014, 12:27:47 AM »
e63 amg

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #362 on: April 07, 2014, 12:29:40 AM »
is that your personal vehicle? ^^^

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #363 on: April 07, 2014, 12:44:01 AM »
Why would you even bother with a nice car like that in Thailand? Don't they still have bikes with tents on them?

It's like driving an Aston Martin in Rwanda.

I was driving SUVs here for 16 years here - mostly because of the kids, wakeboards, bikes etc - this time I just decided I wanted something a bit more fun to drive. They have some decent roads here, although Bangkok does get gridlocked.

The biggest upsides - you don't get pulled over by the cops in it and when you drive into a full car park, the security guards will guide you to a "pride of place" area where you can leave your car.  Not sure why - but I suspect they like to have nice cars lined up at the front.  So basically - you'll be driving behind 4 Toyotas all looking for spaces, then you hear a whistle, the guard waves you over, moves some traffic cones and gives you that place to leave the car.  Bung him 20 Baht (75c) and you'll be waved in every time you go there.

Poor countries like Thailand aren't void of money - it's just not very evenly distributed.  Go to Starbucks @ Tops on Thong Lor any Sunday morning and you will see about 10  $1million+ cars there - all owned by guys that look like they should still be in diapers. A lot of them are illegally imported because of huge car taxes (even my 320i cost $80k), so these guys are probably the sons of politicians, senior police, senior armed forces etc. - lots of money and total exemption from the law.

Bottom line - even a cheaper BMW like mine is fun to drive. I rented a new Honda Accord whilst waiting for the BMW and it was like steering a fish. Nice, smooth ride but no guts and no personality.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #364 on: April 07, 2014, 01:34:57 AM »

Coach, be ready for 'Short Men in Big Wroom Wroom's' jokes

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #365 on: April 07, 2014, 01:43:50 AM »
I was driving SUVs here for 16 years here - mostly because of the kids, wakeboards, bikes etc - this time I just decided I wanted something a bit more fun to drive. They have some decent roads here, although Bangkok does get gridlocked.

The biggest upsides - you don't get pulled over by the cops in it and when you drive into a full car park, the security guards will guide you to a "pride of place" area where you can leave your car.  Not sure why - but I suspect they like to have nice cars lined up at the front.  So basically - you'll be driving behind 4 Toyotas all looking for spaces, then you hear a whistle, the guard waves you over, moves some traffic cones and gives you that place to leave the car.  Bung him 20 Baht (75c) and you'll be waved in every time you go there.

Poor countries like Thailand aren't void of money - it's just not very evenly distributed.  Go to Starbucks @ Tops on Thong Lor any Sunday morning and you will see about 10  $1million+ cars there - all owned by guys that look like they should still be in diapers. A lot of them are illegally imported because of huge car taxes (even my 320i cost $80k), so these guys are probably the sons of politicians, senior police, senior armed forces etc. - lots of money and total exemption from the law.

Bottom line - even a cheaper BMW like mine is fun to drive. I rented a new Honda Accord whilst waiting for the BMW and it was like steering a fish. Nice, smooth ride but no guts and no personality.

I've been in my ex boss' GT3 and A8. Been in a Ferrari 458 Italia (only passenger) and BMW X6 custom built. Obviously nice cars and all that. Drives .. well I don't really know. It drives better than my Honda for sure. But for me it's 110% NOT worth dropping any money on a car that expensive. Even if I had it (which I don't), I'd never see the value in spending 100s of 1000s to essentially connect A & B.

However, different strokes and all that.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #366 on: April 07, 2014, 02:06:10 AM »
I've been in my ex boss' GT3 and A8. Been in a Ferrari 458 Italia (only passenger) and BMW X6 custom built. Obviously nice cars and all that. Drives .. well I don't really know. It drives better than my Honda for sure. But for me it's 110% NOT worth dropping any money on a car that expensive. Even if I had it (which I don't), I'd never see the value in spending 100s of 1000s to essentially connect A & B.

However, different strokes and all that.

Well - I couldn't afford a Ferrari, so I can't comment. I don't expect to be able to either!

As an English guy, I think it's a fucking outrage the cost of cars here. A couple of weeks ago I was in Singapore and over lunch, the woman I was having lunch with explained that they had just paid S$115,000 for a one or two year old 7 seater Citroen. In US dollars, that's $91K,for a Citroen!  Cars are REALLY, REALLY expensive in Singapore plus they have some odd regulations intended to keep as many people off the road by making it expensive.

The bottom line is her husband is in sales, needs a car and that's how much they are there. So you either get one or not.

So I don't think it's about splashing out on a really expensive car as much as living in a place where cars just cost a load more. The flip side is that food, electricity, fuel, property is all VERY cheap where I live. In Singapore everything is expensive. In Thailand, cost of living wise, it does start to balance out.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #367 on: April 07, 2014, 03:20:21 AM »
You should try Ireland, UK cars are a steal compared to over here. Plus with the price of fuel we pay here in Europe we are getting screwed big time. Americans don't realise how good they have it, I drove across the US and Canada before and couldn't believe how cheap fuel was and meanwhile all over their news at the time was stories about how gas prices had hit an all time high over there.

train2gain

• Getbig II
« Reply #368 on: April 07, 2014, 09:14:07 AM »
M6 of peace

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #369 on: April 07, 2014, 11:23:39 AM »
My next whip.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #370 on: April 07, 2014, 11:24:27 AM »
M6 of peace

Contractor Car of Peace.  :-X

train2gain

• Getbig II
« Reply #371 on: April 07, 2014, 11:40:34 AM »
I work 10 hours a week...from home. lol

You're the kind of guy that hates cars he couldn't even afford to insure.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #372 on: April 08, 2014, 02:01:10 PM »
KITT is up for auction:

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/120/lot/51531/?url=%252Fview-auctions%252Fcatalog%252Fid%252F120%252F%253Fpage%253D5%2526items%253D100

Americans have had a long-running love affair with the automobile, and in 1982, David Hasselhoff drove into our hearts as Michael Knight in an artificially intelligent, indestructible supercar fashioned out of a 1982 Pontiac Trans Am named KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand). Fans created this KITT car and gifted it to Hasselhoff. This is not your standard 1986 Firebird. Inside and out she is fashioned after the beloved icon, including KITT’s distinct exterior lighting and scissor doors. Her custom interior features w-style yoke steering wheel and an elaborate digital dash and console. She is rear wheel drive and powered by a 5.0 liter V-8 engine with automatic transmission. She is programmed to speak with over 4,000 sound bites from the classic television show  Knight   Rider . The car was made by Jennifer Catano.

Please note this item is on display at the Museum of Style Icons in Ireland until April 27, 2014.  The winning bidder is responsible for all costs associated with moving and shipping this item.

PROVENANCE From the Collection of David Hasselhoff

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #373 on: April 08, 2014, 02:05:09 PM »
Homemade Supercar: Man Creates Replica McLaren

lol, spending 8 years???? to build a fake car?

what the fuck

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #374 on: April 08, 2014, 02:09:25 PM »
You should try Ireland, UK cars are a steal compared to over here. Plus with the price of fuel we pay here in Europe we are getting screwed big time. Americans don't realise how good they have it, I drove across the US and Canada before and couldn't believe how cheap fuel was and meanwhile all over their news at the time was stories about how gas prices had hit an all time high over there.

Then look at prices here in NZ dude. We get bent over and rammed hard. Don't even get the benefit of being greased up first.

In the UK I've had a Z4 before I was 25. I've had all the 'name' cars before settling on a 3 series Beemer and a new Clio as a run-around. Cheap as chips back home.

Over here they take the piss. Cars with 150-200k on the clock often goes for close to 5 grand GBP and a decent runner would set you back double that. I'm looking at buying a Ford SUV and I'm going to be stumping up 25k  GBP for it. That's 3 years old with 60 on the clock.

Fucking piss take here.