Author Topic: anyone else train lke this  (Read 2507 times)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
anyone else train lke this
« on: November 08, 2005, 12:18:32 AM »
i have always trained close to failure on every set.  taht is just how i was taught. i hit each body part once a week and let it chill until next week.  taht is just how was taught to do it.  it has worked pretty good so far tho im kinda at a plateau.  for me, unless my muscle is pretty tore up by the end of a workout i dont feel like i had a good workout.  what do you guys think
Valhalla awaits.

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: anyone else train lke this
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 04:53:37 AM »
ive pretty much always kept my major groups to 4 exersizes 3sets each prmyding to a heaviest set near failure all sets ussally at a challenging wieght for the rep scheme.  i also take a full week to recover if it aint broke done fix it. changing your exersizes is a good plan every 4-8 week. sometimes changing rep ranges helps also. good luck

Steeljunky

• Getbig II
  • D's...Nuts
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 06:33:30 AM »
Sounds similar to my workout plan. I've recently started doing a high volume workout once every 5th week. I go heavy as hell to failure for 4 weeks, then do a week of 3-4 sets of 20+ reps per exercise for one week. It helps break plateaus but you have to check your ego at the door on that high rep week.
Call me BigPapa

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 05:21:27 AM »
Keep your workout (weights and reps) the same, and try to include some serious cardio at the end of your workout.
After a couple of weeks, stop doing cardio, and focus sorely on training. You'll find out that you have more energy to lift weights and brake plateaus.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 04:27:28 PM »
are you at a plateu all together or just on certain exercises? im sure there's plenty of things to do to try to mix it up, adding small weights to the bar will be quiet a lot over time, maybe experimenting with a little bit higher volume or adding a couple of sets with higher reps, changing exercises around, getting a training partner and so on.
but in general i think training to failure or close to failure is a good thing. but not the only thing.
Z

Ur Moms Pimp 2005

• Getbig II
  • Your mom owes me MONEY
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 08:54:38 AM »
On thing that has really helped me gain size is keeping the workouts new. You are probably aware of the fact that your body can and will adapt to basically any program that you can put it through. Let's say I was going to do a set of Pull Down's, I would do four sets, the first set to 10-12 reps, second 8-10 reps, third 15 reps, fourth 4-6 reps. This style of training will work your fast and slow twitch muscle fibers. It will also give you a great pump. I incorporate this style of training on most body parts. Try it, by the end of your work out you'll be a wreck.