Author Topic: Morgan Freeman donates $1M to pro-Obama super PAC  (Read 3637 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Morgan Freeman donates $1M to pro-Obama super PAC
« on: July 19, 2012, 09:43:16 AM »
Amazing how someone so successful can be so uninformed. 

by Joy Lin | July 19, 2012

Actor Morgan Freeman has donated $1 million to the pro-Obama super PAC Priorities USA Action.

Friday's FEC filing will show Priorities USA Action raised over $6 million in June, which includes Freeman's contribution last month.

In a statement, Freeman praised President Obama for doing a "remarkable job in historically difficult circumstances."

"He ended combat operations in Iraq, put in place sensible reforms of Wall Street, saved the auto industry and protected the health care of every American," Freeman wrote. "He has led our nation to be more tolerant and placed impressive, accomplished women on the Supreme Court. In return, he is the target of hundreds of millions of dollars from right-wing sources."

"I am proud to lend my voice -- and support -- to those who defend him," Freeman continued. "Priorities USA Action is doing a great job of protecting the values I believe in. I am happy to help them and I hope others will join me.

The June haul allows Priorities USA to keep airing ads that depict Mitt Romney as a corporate raider.

Still, Republican super PACS continue to outpace their Democratic counterparts in the race for dollars. In June, the Karl Rove-backed group Crossroads GPS announced it would be launching a $25 million campaign to attack the president on jobs and the federal debt.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2012/07/19/morgan-freeman-donates-1m-pro-obama-super-pac/?test=latestnews

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Morgan Freeman donates $1M to pro-Obama super PAC
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 09:53:33 AM »

Actor Morgan Freeman has donated $1 million to the pro-Obama super PAC Priorities USA Action.

Friday's FEC filing will show Priorities USA Action raised over $6 million in June, which includes Freeman's contribution last month.

In a statement, Freeman praised President Obama for doing a "remarkable job in historically difficult circumstances."

"He ended combat operations in Iraq, put in place sensible reforms of Wall Street, saved the auto industry and protected the health care of every American," Freeman wrote. "He has led our nation to be more tolerant and placed impressive, accomplished women on the Supreme Court. In return, he is the target of hundreds of millions of dollars from right-wing sources."

"I am proud to lend my voice -- and support -- to those who defend him," Freeman continued. "Priorities USA Action is doing a great job of protecting the values I believe in. I am happy to help them and I hope others will join me.

The June haul allows Priorities USA to keep airing ads that depict Mitt Romney as a corporate raider.

Still, Republican super PACS continue to outpace their Democratic counterparts in the race for dollars. In June, the Karl Rove-backed group Crossroads GPS announced it would be launching a $25 million campaign to attack the president on jobs and the federal debt.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2012/07/19/morgan-freeman-donates-1m-pro-obama-super-pac/?test=latestnews

Good for Morgan

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 10:01:40 AM »

LOL !!!

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »

Amazing how someone so uninformed can be a moderator. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 10:08:06 AM »

Amazing how someone so uninformed can be a moderator. 

Thank you.   :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 10:09:35 AM »
Good for Morgan

Yet you leftist communists scream about koch brothers and adelson. 

Typlical 95ers. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 10:13:32 AM »

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 10:14:30 AM »
Yet you leftist communists scream about koch brothers and adelson. 

Typlical 95ers. 

I work in the private sector so im hardly a commie :)

And who is talking about Koch and Adelson ???

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 10:28:37 AM »
Hahahaha im sure good ole morgan is in the top bracket of income earners.  And all he does is play dress up and pretend to be someone he isnt.  He is a tool in the propoganda machine.

So funny that peole demonize corporate ceo's for their salary, but love people who earn a shitload of money for playing dress up and helping to propogandize the public.  These actors should be universally maligned.  As well as reporters and anyone else whose main function is lying to the public because someone told them to and pays them handsomely.  They are sell outs by nature.  And leftists love them.  And malign corporate ceo's.   This would be very laughable if it wasnt so fucking scary that a lot of people are this stupid.

Actors= Evil
CEOs= Good

Right?

Are you a CEO?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 10:29:26 AM »
Actors= Evil
CEOs= Good

Right?

Are you a CEO?

CEO's equal responsible for thousands of employees, payroll, clients, commerce, etc.

Actors equal pretending to be someone else. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »
CEO's equal responsible for thousands of employees, payroll, clients, commerce, etc.

Actors equal pretending to be someone else. 

That wasnt my question but fair enough

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 10:50:18 AM »
I own a sole proprietership.  So, no i am not a ceo.  I am the whole friggin company.  

There are 5 people that work for me as contractors.

I need to change to either an llc or an s. Corp this or next year as we have grown.  If i change to an s corp i will be the ceo.  And would have to appoint another officer and have meetings.  I think.  But i have worked hard.  But it isnt the hard work that is the most taxing on the business creator.  It is the risk you are taking and the uncertainty that it will all work out.  Which the only thing that has caused me to work at this is the thought of recieving a higher incomefor my efforts.  I feel obama threatens that very idea.  This is why i despise him.  

I just recently hired a woman as a trainer that just moved back to the area.  She is a single mom and battling with ex for divorce details.  She was hired. And she now does around 20 hours a week and makes over 500/week.  It feels good to jnow that the business i started has provided a place for someone like that to better their lot in life and the lot od their kids.  But i never would have started this place without the desire for affluence.  

Obama, i feel is creating a climate where success is a shameful thing.  But i believe success can help those around you.  

Eventhough i own my own business and its doing better.  I really have no money to speak of because i am reinvesting it all into the place.  Im not trying to look like or come off as a big shot or something.  Im still down with the rest of evryone else but i would love to be rewarded for my risk i have taken and place ive created.  Because it helps people and wouldnt be there without my extra efforts.

Apologies for rambling.  And if you expected me to say something shitty and immature to you, im sorry to disappoint.

You didn't build that. 

Seriously, congrats on your business. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 11:49:47 AM »
I own a sole proprietership.  So, no i am not a ceo.  I am the whole friggin company.  

I need to change to either an llc or an s. Corp this or next year as we have grown.  If i change to an s corp i will be the ceo.  And would have to appoint another officer and have meetings.  I think.  But i have worked hard.  But it isnt the hard work that is the most taxing on the business creator.  It is the risk you are taking and the uncertainty that it will all work out.  Which the only thing that has caused me to work at this is the thought of recieving a higher incomefor my efforts.  I feel obama threatens that very idea.  This is why i despise him.  

I just recently hired a woman as a trainer that just moved back to the area.  She is a single mom and battling with ex for divorce details.  She was hired. And she now does around 20 hours a week and makes over 500/week.  It feels good to jnow that the business i started has provided a place for someone like that to better their lot in life and the lot od their kids.  But i never would have started this place without the desire for affluence.  

Obama, i feel is creating a climate where success is a shameful thing.  But i believe success can help those around you.  

Eventhough i own my own business and its doing better.  I really have no money to speak of because i am reinvesting it all into the place.  Im not trying to look like or come off as a big shot or something.  Im still down with the rest of evryone else but i would love to be rewarded for my risk i have taken and place ive created.  Because it helps people and wouldnt be there without my extra efforts.

Apologies for rambling.  And if you expected me to say something shitty and immature to you, im sorry to disappoint.

I don't get that impression at all but good job buying into Romney bullshit talking point

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 11:53:15 AM »
I don't get that impression at all but good job buying into Romney bullshit talking point

LOL!!!!!

Typical bay area leftist radical freak. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 12:55:03 PM »
LOL!!!!!
Typical bay area leftist radical freak. 

I'm going from personal experience.

My business is doing great and I don't see a climate where success is shameful no matter how many times Romney tries to get you to believe it

btw- have you ever even been to the bay area

this place is all about success

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 01:01:26 PM »
I'm going from personal experience.

My business is doing great and I don't see a climate where success is shameful no matter how many times Romney tries to get you to believe it

btw- have you ever even been to the bay area

this place is all about success

LOL - jobless claims, UE, foreclosures, food stamps are all a D I S A S T E R

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 01:03:23 PM »

LOL - jobless claims, UE, foreclosures, food stamps are all a D I S A S T E R

don't worry

King Romney will fix all that and he'll protect you from the scary black man too

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 01:05:11 PM »
don't worry

King Romney will fix all that and he'll protect you from the scary black man too

He probably won't, but Obama definately won't.   

Got it yet fool?

Obama is a proven disaster whereas romney is a probable disaster. 

ABO 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 01:06:08 PM »
This is where we disagree.   Good job in buying into marxist talking points.   8)

what Marxist talking point am I buying into?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 01:07:01 PM »
He probably won't, but Obama definately won't.   

Got it yet fool?

ABO 

I see

so Romney won't fix these problems either

brilliant

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 03:15:04 PM »
ABO 

I understand your theory here - and many top republicans agree with you.

Obama for 4 more years, with a GOP congress, will get very little accomlished.  At the end of it, repubs will FINALLY go conservative and let some true conservatives win office.

He will win re-election.  USA will see 4 years of gridlock, then 8 years of prosperity.

OR

We can give obama the boot, give romney the wheel, let america see an impotent Prez who won't change anything Obama did -
Then Dems will re-win white house in 2016 and keep it 8 years.

Do we prefer 4 years of gridlock, then 8 years of prosperity?  OR Do we prefer 4 years of inaction, then 8 years of liberal democrat rule once again?

Many repubs seem to agree with you, just let obama have this one or a true conservative won't see the white house for 12 more years.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 05:28:33 PM »
Actually, the economy(Dow JOnes, anyway) tends to perform much better when there is gridlock and nothing gets passed.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 03:17:51 AM »

This was actually the best post i have read from you so dont apologise

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 08:35:21 PM »
I read that, and in my mind it was Morgan Freeman speaking.  I felt really relaxed.....doesn't matter what he says.

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 08:41:07 PM »