Author Topic: Drummer Kenny Aronoff to MMA  (Read 8416 times)

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
Drummer Kenny Aronoff to MMA
« on: July 30, 2012, 04:44:48 PM »
I heard a rumor that drummer Kenny Aronoff of John Cougar Mellencamp fame is going to start a pro MMA career, after being inspired by Herschel Walker. Thoughts?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Drummer Kenny Aronoff to MMA
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 04:45:41 PM »
j

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 04:48:48 PM »

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 04:54:51 PM »
Football-players, WWE-wrestlers and now Musicians to MMA :D

Sure, why not!

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 07:27:03 PM »
more proof boxing > mma.

any chump can start mma and have a decent chance of winning (i.e. lesnar, walker, etc.)

why don't those guys try boxing, where the real money is at?  answer: one of the klitschko bros / david haye would knock their head right off.
I dont like twinks.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 07:36:31 PM »
Anyone can get into a cage and swing their arms, but few are good at it. This guy will be from the bottom if the barrel

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 06:45:08 AM »
Saw him when he toured with John Fogerty. Was off on his snare a half beat on Down on The Corner. I was kinda hoping he'd have a heart attack and they'd ask if anyone in the audience could play CCR songs on the drums, but god wasn't on my side that day.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 07:06:59 AM »
We can hope Oprah will also end up in the ring. Would be nice to see her against Junior Dos Santos.

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 07:08:00 AM »
MMA-related.  :P

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 07:13:15 AM »
more proof boxing > mma.

any chump can start mma and have a decent chance of winning (i.e. lesnar, walker, etc.)

why don't those guys try boxing, where the real money is at?  answer: one of the klitschko bros / david haye would knock their head right off.
8)  What he said

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 08:19:06 AM »
I heard a rumor that drummer Kenny Aronoff of John Cougar Mellencamp fame is going to start a pro MMA career, after being inspired by Herschel Walker. Thoughts?

He's not Herschel Walker....that guy is from another planet.  Guy eats nothing but bread and soup once a day and can beat the shit out of people.  He was already dangerous in the NFL but he's ripping it up in MMA

A

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 12:07:47 PM »

He's not Herschel Walker....that guy is from another planet.  Guy eats nothing but bread and soup once a day and can beat the shit out of people.  He was already dangerous in the NFL but he's ripping it up in MMA

::)    Ya sure .

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 12:19:06 PM »
more proof boxing > mma.

times a gazillon

BOXING>>>>>>>>>>>>>mmgay

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 12:35:45 PM »
Saw him when he toured with John Fogerty. Was off on his snare a half beat on Down on The Corner. I was kinda hoping he'd have a heart attack and they'd ask if anyone in the audience could play CCR songs on the drums, but god wasn't on my side that day.

;D

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 12:38:05 PM »
more proof boxing > mma.

+1

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 08:38:11 AM »

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 08:39:24 AM »

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 08:43:24 AM »
Chickenfoot

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 11:25:39 AM »

He's not Herschel Walker....that guy is from another planet.  Guy eats nothing but bread and soup once a day and can beat the shit out of people.  He was already dangerous in the NFL but he's ripping it up in MMA

If you're that fucking gullible to believe that horseshit then you should buy some lovely beachfront property in Alaska that I'm selling.

You also believe that he never lifted weights in college when he won the Heisman, don't cha?

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 10:22:40 AM »
Kenny Aronoff:
"I’m really intense about trying to be as healthy as possible without being completely neurotic. I still drink wine and like to have fun, but I’m into staying fit and in shape. I focus on seven areas: cardio, lifting weights, stretching, maintaining a good diet, taking supplements, drinking lots of water, and getting good sleep. Those are my big seven (though I suck at the sleep part!). On a regular basis I’m always thinking about staying healthy.
I’m into sports in general, but the NFL is my thing. I’ve been to eleven Super Bowls, and I used to fly with the Indianapolis Colts when I was with Mellencamp and I was in Indiana more often. Also, I totally look up to and respect Lance Armstrong. That guy is a living hero to me. He survives cancer, overcomes that, and wins seven Tour De Frances? Not one. Not two. But seven. So he’s my hero, period!"

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 07:46:08 PM »
Is this true?

Not sure, but he can't play Fogerty and CCR songs for shit..

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 09:04:05 PM »
 ;D

The Hunter

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2013, 08:19:29 PM »
I'm not suprised. Every celebrity and his brother is doing BJJ and MMA these days. Someone is filling this guys head up with nonsense. He is fifty plus and going to get his ass kicked. Badly.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2013, 08:40:27 PM »

If you're that fucking gullible to believe that horseshit then you should buy some lovely beachfront property in Alaska that I'm selling.

You also believe that he never lifted weights in college when he won the Heisman, don't cha?

I believe his claim was that he didn't lift weights, but did something like a few thousand pushups and a few thousand situps a day.  That's completely possible.  Saying that, I'm sure he has picked up weights, it prob. just wasn't part of his regular routine.

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2013, 11:23:31 PM »
mma "was" the closest thing to real fighting thats why u choose that over boxing

you have more chances of winning in a mma fight than a boxing fight

in boxing u need to be able to take a punch in mma you can use your fighting instinct and do well