Author Topic: foot positionin on hack squat  (Read 4368 times)

xkol

foot positionin on hack squat
« on: November 11, 2005, 01:46:08 PM »
my gym jus got a hacksquat an i never used 1 so i wanna kno what positionin works which part of my quads i think i have a good idea but wanna be sure.

an can sum1 giv me a good roitine to involve them in my leg workout should i do them first or as a finishin exercise.

peace

xkol

Re: foot positionin on hack squat
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 02:08:12 PM »
bump i gotta get a answer im hittin up the gym in 30

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 02:12:50 PM »
Put your feet high up on the platform. Try to round your back as much as possible with each rep.

Follow my advice, and you'll have a herniated disc massive pair of legs in no time.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

xkol

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 02:22:17 PM »
sounds good brianx i might even jus go straight to my one rep max with no warmup with that technique jus to shock my quads.

any1 else wanna add?  i wanna work my teardrop specificly an if i wanna work my out sweep how would i do that?

xkol

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 02:24:06 PM »
i have alot of mass on my quads but i figure i can use more teardrop an outersweep to improve overall look.

should i do hacks first or as a secondary exercise?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 02:39:24 PM »
I am a big hack fan, next to sqauts they are my favorite for building quad size.  Since your gym just got a hack machine, is this the first time you have ever done them?  If so stick with the basic hack sqaut movement, feet shoulder-width apart, toes pointed slightly out, squat down to 90 degrees and repeat; pretty simple.

One of my favorite variatons is to do wide stance drop sets.  This is where I place my feet out towards the edge of the platform so I am at a very wide stance.  I then take up to 10 seconds to lower the weight and pop back up at normal speed.  I really like these towards the end of qaud day, it really fills them up with blood.

xkol

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 02:46:56 PM »
I am a big hack fan, next to sqauts they are my favorite for building quad size.  Since your gym just got a hack machine, is this the first time you have ever done them?  If so stick with the basic hack sqaut movement, feet shoulder-width apart, toes pointed slightly out, squat down to 90 degrees and repeat; pretty simple.

One of my favorite variatons is to do wide stance drop sets.  This is where I place my feet out towards the edge of the platform so I am at a very wide stance.  I then take up to 10 seconds to lower the weight and pop back up at normal speed.  I really like these towards the end of qaud day, it really fills them up with blood.
thanks alot ill do that.  gotta bounce.. time to train ill let yall know how it goes.

strongman718

• Getbig IV
  • Dont hate the player, Hate the game!!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 03:45:13 PM »
the higher you have your feet the more you hams come into play.  I let half of my foot hang off the top and it would be a form of a ham  workout for me.

If you want to blast your quads keep your feet middle/ to the bottom.

You should also try free weight hacks

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 04:49:11 PM »

Good stuff!

i go a little past 90 but that's me...i do them in the 8-20 rep range after BB squats. i alternate front squats and machine hacks every few weeks.

8)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 05:38:02 PM »
leg presses are the best teardrop builder you can do.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 06:55:20 PM »
the higher you have your feet the more you hams come into play.  I let half of my foot hang off the top and it would be a form of a ham  workout for me.

If you want to blast your quads keep your feet middle/ to the bottom.

You should also try free weight hacks

word

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2005, 06:57:52 PM »
i love the hack squat machine because it takes your ass out of it and puts the focus where it should be , on your quads and hams