Author Topic: Why is it that European based culture rules the world?  (Read 8392 times)

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Why is it that European based culture rules the world?
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2012, 01:15:12 PM »
kahn,,, looks like some interesting docs im on the jared diamond one now. thanks for sharing

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2012, 01:15:52 PM »
I also call bullshit on the middle east being behind.  The Persian empire was every bit as advanced as the west in ancient times. Chinese as well.

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2012, 01:24:30 PM »
I also call bullshit on the middle east being behind.  The Persian empire was every bit as advanced as the west in ancient times. Chinese as well.
 of course, they were the inovators of astronomy , many other sciences.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2012, 01:32:32 PM »
I love reading history, but we have to have a level head on the subject.  Most accounts were made hundreds of years after the events took place.  Every Emperor, king, etc..... had his own historians who would obviously be favorable in their writings.  Just like the enemies would purposely slander the opponents.  It's mostly conjecture at this point.

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2012, 01:37:13 PM »
I love reading history, but we have to have a level head on the subject.  Most accounts were made hundreds of years after the events took place.  Every Emperor, king, etc..... had his own historians who would obviously be favorable in their writings.  Just like the enemies would purposely slander the opponents.  It's mostly conjecture at this point.
 true, to a point. THE DANGER in the past 74 years is..... Who controls the past, controls the FUTURE, who controls the PRESENT, controls the PAST.  If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/georgeorwe109402.html#tbRj6VU1iJDu43Xi.99

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2012, 01:42:31 PM »
I love reading history, but we have to have a level head on the subject.  Most accounts were made hundreds of years after the events took place.  Every Emperor, king, etc..... had his own historians who would obviously be favorable in their writings.  Just like the enemies would purposely slander the opponents.  It's mostly conjecture at this point.
Look how Ramses had history written---every battle he ever fought, he won (all wins no losses?), even when others wrote that the Egyptian lost, Ramses had that they won.
And apparently, he had every mention of Moses stricken from record as well.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2012, 01:42:37 PM »
American is an extension of Europe, and America currently is the most devastatingly dominant world empire to date. Throw in globalization and Hollywood into that mix  and you got cultural export/import into most relatively inferior countries.  

I don't think people realize the progress humans have achieved so far. It is almost an unbelievable science fiction story. Although i think the world will sooner than later go Mad and start unloading the massive nuclear weapons stocked by many nations.

That would set back the world a few hundred years.

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2012, 01:55:35 PM »
Look how Ramses had history written---every battle he ever fought, he won (all wins no losses?), even when others wrote that the Egyptian lost, Ramses had that they won.
And apparently, he had every mention of Moses stricken from record as well.
  WORD!!

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2012, 01:56:48 PM »
And lets not forget the little mention of Jesus by the sanhedrin in the Talmud.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2012, 06:02:26 PM »

Shizz, come on man, yes, they were advanced but not now. I agree, the ottoman empire was great for about 500 years, but they crumbled and did not innovate and advance. What im saying is, that this culture makes the smartest people, and even though it sucked for the blacks being brought from Africa back in the day, every descendent should be glad they were exposed to this way of life ( no racist).

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2012, 06:15:37 PM »
As someone mentioned earlier, war is the answer.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2012, 04:36:44 AM »
Shizz, come on man, yes, they were advanced but not now. I agree, the ottoman empire was great for about 500 years, but they crumbled and did not innovate and advance. What im saying is, that this culture makes the smartest people, and even though it sucked for the blacks being brought from Africa back in the day, every descendent should be glad they were exposed to this way of life ( no racist).
I think it comes with being the most powerful country.  Most of Europe is pretty shitty these days.

Croatian

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2012, 06:59:19 AM »
Who else is suppose to rule this planet than EuroMan ?, African Zulu's or perhaps Australian Aboriginals !.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2012, 07:13:46 AM »
Who else is suppose to rule this planet than EuroMan ?, African Zulu's or perhaps Australian Aboriginals !.

This guy is a likely candidate2005 :

MikMaq

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2012, 07:20:09 AM »
Russia has a (relatively small) European part, yes. I'd hardly call Russia European, though. Their lands stretch as far as the Far East.

In this respect Russia is similar to Turkey, which also has a small Europen part, but the vast majority of its lands are on the Middle East. 
That`s complete bullshit, if turkey is considered asian, than it would only make sense that russia is european. All of russia`s people, language, religion, and politics(new and old) come from europe. It closest and most simliar countries belorus and ukraine are both european as well. Furthermore it`s asian lands are a product of european style colinization, not to mention the fact that the bulk of it`s population and all it`s richest cities are in the european part.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2012, 09:27:23 AM »
Constant warfare, threat of warfare, rivalry and trading of ideas between many different kingdoms and nations within Europe lead to faster development.

When Europe recovered from the Dark Ages at least.

And then the Age of Enlightenment where reason started to take over the more mysterious beliefs of religion. The world was then viewed from a scientific perspective instead of a religious one.

The Arab world did not have an Enlightenment and many aspects of their thinking and culture is still stuck in the Middle-Ages.

With regards to China, I've read an argument that their peace and (relative) stability of thousands of years lead to their development stagnating.
In Europe, the technology was used and developed for warfare whereas the peaceful and more stable conditions of much of China's history did not create such an urgency.

Warfare massively speeds up the rate of developing technology, look at the difference of 1939 and 1945 in Europe.
At the end of the war there were 60 ton tanks, jet fighters, missiles, U-boats which could stay submerged for months and of course the Atomic bomb.

I also think Western culture promoted individualism more. Eastern culture is more about order, 'stability', knowing your place in society and not disturbing order or questioning authority.

This is largely correct.

Who or what will replace Western Culture to lead the world forward in terms of technological and cultural development?

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2012, 11:31:26 AM »
men will rise and men will fall

But you'll still have hips and walk Tina Turner  :-\

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2012, 01:04:45 PM »
But you'll still have hips and walk Tina Turner  :-\

Why look who has come out of the woodwork. Where've you been, stud?

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »
I can't speak much to the Chinese point of your reply, because it is shrouded in secrecy and the only thing I know of it comes from some dude named garebear on this board, but India is a fucking joke. They might not care about our culture, but it's probably because they don't have tv and wipe there ass with their bare fucking hands. Not to mention they stink. But, the ones that do know about us, obviously like it here, because they own every fucking Subway restaraunt around.

Your points are invalidated by you evident mental deficiencies.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2012, 01:25:42 PM »
Your points are invalidated by you evident mental deficiencies.

Care to elaborate, stud? Or do you no have anything more to contribute to the discussion?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2012, 01:36:52 PM »
Care to elaborate, stud? Or do you no have anything more to contribute to the discussion?
It's strange that the smartest young minds are usually from foreign countries.  Maybe the shift is already in motion.  As was said earlier, European culture won out mostly due to the spoils of war. They founded greek towns in foreign lands (ala Alexandria in Egypt by Alexander the Great)  The fact that Alexandria still exists (even in name) after all of these years is astounding to me.  I pray that they find his tomb someday (he was embalmed like an Egyptian mummy) It would be the greatest find in history.  It probably was destroyed/robbed long ago though  :-\  It was said to be made almost entirely of gold and precious jewels.  It would make King Tut's sarcophagus look like a cracker jack toy.

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2012, 01:45:51 PM »
I have friends in ''high places'' of world finance. And I was told that we are so dependant on India for a myriad of natural resources and business, that if they chose to cut us off, we would be FUCKED! and the markets would collapse.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2012, 01:46:46 PM »
I have friends in ''high places'' of world finance. And I was told that we are so dependant on India for a myriad of natural resources and business, that if they chose to cut us off, we would be FUCKED! and the markets would collapse.
What? Dell customer assitance?

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2012, 01:52:18 PM »
materials the whole world is dependant on, from metals to oil. and yes dell customer service saves business' in the usa a bundle, and takes jobs away from Americans that they would be more than happy to have in todays tough economic times. This is part of the threat of embargos from India, if the american people force govt to stop outsourcing jobs. Even fast food joints are now outsourcing your drive through orders, lol, you never even speak to anyone in the restaurant.

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2012, 01:57:44 PM »
India is one of the world's most naturally endowed lands. India is home to numerous minerals which benefit the country economically. The minerals produced in India constitute one-quarter of the world's most popular mineral resources.

India is gifted with important mineral resources. The country produces about 89 minerals out of which 52 are non-metallic, 4 are fuel minerals, 11 are metallic, and 22 are minor minerals.

The value of the total India mineral production in the year 2000-2001 stood at Rs. 568070 million excluding the value of petroleum and natural gas.

India happens to be the largest producer of mica blocks in the world. India has also recently grabbed the second position as far as chromite production goes. Due to the recent spurt in the demand for chromite across the world the country has really managed to accelerate its production.

India holds the 3rd rank in case of coal & lignite production, 2nd rank in case of barites production, 4th in case of iron ore, 5th in case of bauxite and crude steel, 7th in case of manganese ore and 8th position in case of aluminum production.

The Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited or MECL is the company which is responsible for exploring various minerals and ores using the processes of drilling and exploratory mining. It is a public sector company which takes up exploration for both the Government of India and other agencies on a contractual basis. According to the Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited, India has still not fully explored its rich mineral wealth.

Minerals found in the different regions in India

Below is a table that shows that different minerals found in the different geographical locations in India :

Mineral Belt Geographic Location Minerals Found
North Eastern Peninsular Belt The region comprising the Chota Nagpur plateau and the Orissa plateau which covers the states of Jharkhand, West Bengal and Orissa. Manganese, bauxite, copper, Coal, iron ore, mica, kyanite, chromite, beryl, apatite etc. India's 100 percent Kyanite, This region accounts for the country's 93 percent iron ore, production and 84 percent coal production 
South Western Belt Karnataka and Goa. Garnet Iron ore and clay.
North Western Belt Rajasthan and Gujarat along the Aravali Range. Mostly non-ferrous minerals, uranium, aquamarine, petroleum, mica, beryllium, gypsum and emerald.
Southern Belt Karnataka plateau and Tamil Nadu. Bauxite and Ferrous minerals 
Central Belt Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra. Bauxite, uranium, Manganese, limestone, mica, graphite, marble, coal, gems, etc.

Last Updated on 09 September 2011

Location Map of Major Mineral Mines in IndiaAsbestos Mines in India
Bauxite Mines in India
Chromate Mines in India
Coal Mines in India
Copper Mines in India
Diamond Mines in India
Dolomite Mines in India
Feldspar Mines in India
Gold Mines in India
Granite Mines in India
Iron Mines in India
Iron Ore Mines in India
Lime Stone Mines in India
Statewise Mineral Maps of IndiaAndhra Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh
Assam
Bihar
Chhattisgarh
Goa
Gujarat
Haryana
Himachal Pradesh
Jammu & Kashmir
Jharkhand
Karnataka
Kerala
Madhya Pradesh
Maharashtra
Manipur
Meghalaya
Mizoram
Nagaland
Orissa
Punjab
Rajasthan
Tamil Nadu
Uttar Pradesh
Uttaranchal
West Bengal

Follow us on   

Could not find what you were looking for?    Advertise with Mapsofindia.com

Testimonials | Sponsors Directory | Disclaimer | FAQs | Our Affiliates | Suggest a Map | Become Our Sponsor | Copyright & Terms of Use | Power Your Map Search | Maps of India Blog | Privacy Policy | About Us | Contact Us | Feedback | Site Map | Link to Us | Press Release| Get the latest Issue of Weekly Newsletter
 4Digg2Delicious2 154 14