Author Topic: Why is it that European based culture rules the world?  (Read 8393 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Why is it that European based culture rules the world?
« on: August 03, 2012, 08:06:58 AM »
And before you get all, "racist post reported", I will include American minorites, which is why I used "culture".  Seriously, why are we so far ahead of everybody else?  Look at the African continent, Middle East, and Central Asia/Indian subcontinent, and look at these people.  I am not sure if it is a genetic thing, becasue you can look at the blacks here in America, and they have assimilated to the European culture(for the most part) and are doing well.  Look at the Romans.  I've been to Italy and seen the ruins, of what people did in the time befor Christ, and compare that to everyone else, and you just think, why?  Why are we so much better off?  Take the European colonies, America, Canada etc, and we have all thrived, where as you take the European influence out, and society colapses.  I don't follow religion, and wouldn't say I believe in God or the afterlife, but is there something different about the Christian faith that sets up a society to flourish?  Some comments from our not so fortunate bretheren please.

Part of this was brought on by the thread I just viewed on India, and saw how gross it was, and then if you watch the world news, or listen to BBC, you see the attrocities commited by these warlords.  Even if you say that the US is responsible for its own crimes, at least we do it with class.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Why is it that European based culture rules the world?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 08:09:15 AM »
Several Asian cultures are also extremely advanced and sophisticated too.

Wish we could close immigration to anyone Non European, Korean or Japanese.  :)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 08:11:50 AM »
Several Asian cultures are also extremely advanced and sophisticated too.

Wish we could close immigration to anyone Non European, Korean or Japanese.  :)

True, the Japanese were very far ahead for being so isolated.  They are pretty squared away people.  What do you think is the underlying factor?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 08:50:01 AM »
True, the Japanese were very far ahead for being so isolated.  They are pretty squared away people.  What do you think is the underlying factor?

I suspect it has to do with their home island being so small.  If they were fighting all the time then the civilization would probably get wiped out pretty fast.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 09:23:33 AM »
And before you get all, "racist post reported", I will include American minorites, which is why I used "culture".  Seriously, why are we so far ahead of everybody else?  Look at the African continent, Middle East, and Central Asia/Indian subcontinent, and look at these people.  I am not sure if it is a genetic thing, becasue you can look at the blacks here in America, and they have assimilated to the European culture(for the most part) and are doing well.  Look at the Romans.  I've been to Italy and seen the ruins, of what people did in the time befor Christ, and compare that to everyone else, and you just think, why?  Why are we so much better off?  Take the European colonies, America, Canada etc, and we have all thrived, where as you take the European influence out, and society colapses.  I don't follow religion, and wouldn't say I believe in God or the afterlife, but is there something different about the Christian faith that sets up a society to flourish?  Some comments from our not so fortunate bretheren please.

Part of this was brought on by the thread I just viewed on India, and saw how gross it was, and then if you watch the world news, or listen to BBC, you see the attrocities commited by these warlords.  Even if you say that the US is responsible for its own crimes, at least we do it with class.
This mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy be a slight stretch bro. Ever visited Detroit?

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 10:02:41 AM »
Because of this:

:P :P :P

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 10:54:04 AM »
we will undo ourselves from slavic elements

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 10:56:18 AM »
There was a rap song said something like "fucking up more human beings than europeans" ..lol

They had the capacity to travel to other places and steal pretty much lol. Niggas steal from you these days and people get all upset over it. Humans steal and kill, thats what we do...its just that some people are smart/powerful enough to get away with it.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 10:59:09 AM »
Constant warfare, threat of warfare, rivalry and trading of ideas between many different kingdoms and nations within Europe lead to faster development.

When Europe recovered from the Dark Ages at least.

And then the Age of Enlightenment where reason started to take over the more mysterious beliefs of religion. The world was then viewed from a scientific perspective instead of a religious one.

The Arab world did not have an Enlightenment and many aspects of their thinking and culture is still stuck in the Middle-Ages.

With regards to China, I've read an argument that their peace and (relative) stability of thousands of years lead to their development stagnating.
In Europe, the technology was used and developed for warfare whereas the peaceful and more stable conditions of much of China's history did not create such an urgency.

Warfare massively speeds up the rate of developing technology, look at the difference of 1939 and 1945 in Europe.
At the end of the war there were 60 ton tanks, jet fighters, missiles, U-boats which could stay submerged for months and of course the Atomic bomb.

I also think Western culture promoted individualism more. Eastern culture is more about order, 'stability', knowing your place in society and not disturbing order or questioning authority.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 11:00:32 AM »
Are you saying that just because the Africans lived in straw huts well into the 19th century, they hail from a lesser culture?  ;D

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 11:01:25 AM »

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 11:03:02 AM »
Are you saying that just because the Africans lived in straw huts well into the 19th century, they hail from a lesser culture?  ;D

Yes, and the only difference today is instead of spears they have a few weapons we've discarded and instead of skirts and rags covering their bodies they have old superbowl and world series shirts we've discarded.

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 11:03:41 AM »
they had britney spears

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 11:04:04 AM »

Mars, this lady resembles "The Oracle" from the Matrix movies.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 11:05:00 AM »
men will rise and men will fall
T

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 11:06:04 AM »
And Jabba the Hutt..

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 11:08:55 AM »

thanks bro

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 11:09:45 AM »
they had britney spears

I call her BrTITney Spears because I'd like to make a sex with her.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 11:10:30 AM »

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 11:10:50 AM »
I call her BrTITney Spears because I'd like to make a sex with her.
in the past you mean, I hope?   :-X

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 12:46:46 PM »
And before you get all, "racist post reported", I will include American minorites, which is why I used "culture".  Seriously, why are we so far ahead of everybody else?  Look at the African continent, Middle East, and Central Asia/Indian subcontinent, and look at these people.  I am not sure if it is a genetic thing, becasue you can look at the blacks here in America, and they have assimilated to the European culture(for the most part) and are doing well.  Look at the Romans.  I've been to Italy and seen the ruins, of what people did in the time befor Christ, and compare that to everyone else, and you just think, why?  Why are we so much better off?  Take the European colonies, America, Canada etc, and we have all thrived, where as you take the European influence out, and society colapses.  I don't follow religion, and wouldn't say I believe in God or the afterlife, but is there something different about the Christian faith that sets up a society to flourish?  Some comments from our not so fortunate bretheren please.

Part of this was brought on by the thread I just viewed on India, and saw how gross it was, and then if you watch the world news, or listen to BBC, you see the attrocities commited by these warlords.  Even if you say that the US is responsible for its own crimes, at least we do it with class.

I think this is perhaps more a reflection of your own European narrow thinking. Surely there's around 2 billion Chinese and 1 billion Indians who don't give two damns about our culture? Add to this the fact Dubai, Qatar etc have so much oil and monetary influence right now, I would say at least half the world isn't European-ised yet.

Certianly Europeans seem prone to fucking over/colonising other continents like Africa, Australasia, and the Americas, so I take your point in that respect.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 01:01:40 PM »
I think this is perhaps more a reflection of your own European narrow thinking. Surely there's around 2 billion Chinese and 1 billion Indians who don't give two damns about our culture? Add to this the fact Dubai, Qatar etc have so much oil and monetary influence right now, I would say at least half the world isn't European-ised yet.

Certianly Europeans seem prone to fucking over/colonising other continents like Africa, Australasia, and the Americas, so I take your point in that respect.

I can't speak much to the Chinese point of your reply, because it is shrouded in secrecy and the only thing I know of it comes from some dude named garebear on this board, but India is a fucking joke. They might not care about our culture, but it's probably because they don't have tv and wipe there ass with their bare fucking hands. Not to mention they stink. But, the ones that do know about us, obviously like it here, because they own every fucking Subway restaraunt around.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 01:30:37 PM »
Nasser still holding impressive size there

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 02:02:30 PM »
europe means fuck all these days.

they called invading and colonizing "culture".

no american gives a fuck about europe, no russian does, no african does, no south or middle american does, no chinese, no asians in general, no japanese.

europe isnt even a state, its a failed idea at best.

the days of spanish, portuguese and english colony times are long numbered.

living standard is ok, but not even everywhere.

economy is shit, population getting fatter and dumber fast.

Well...Americans, Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders, much of South America and parts of southern Africa are descended from Europeans. Their culture, architecture and way of thinking originates from Europe and are still pretty similar in many ways with a lot of shared heritage.

Compared to other countries across the world, there's not a massive difference between these cultures, especially the English speaking ones.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 02:18:17 PM »
Constant warfare, threat of warfare, rivalry and trading of ideas between many different kingdoms and nations within Europe lead to faster development.

When Europe recovered from the Dark Ages at least.

And then the Age of Enlightenment where reason started to take over the more mysterious beliefs of religion. The world was then viewed from a scientific perspective instead of a religious one.

The Arab world did not have an Enlightenment and many aspects of their thinking and culture is still stuck in the Middle-Ages.

With regards to China, I've read an argument that their peace and (relative) stability of thousands of years lead to their development stagnating.
In Europe, the technology was used and developed for warfare whereas the peaceful and more stable conditions of much of China's history did not create such an urgency.

Warfare massively speeds up the rate of developing technology, look at the difference of 1939 and 1945 in Europe.
At the end of the war there were 60 ton tanks, jet fighters, missiles, U-boats which could stay submerged for months and of course the Atomic bomb.

I also think Western culture promoted individualism more. Eastern culture is more about order, 'stability', knowing your place in society and not disturbing order or questioning authority.

In a nutshell, pretty good capsule analysis.