Author Topic: Bullshitters.... someone that makes up shit so often you shake your head  (Read 34412 times)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Re: Bullshitters.... someone that makes up shit so often you shake your head
« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2012, 12:05:20 PM »
So you were taken to court after all?

Sorry, should have clarified.  Personal Injury case = motor vehicle accident.

In 13yrs, the rib incident is the ONLY thing I have done that I regret.  

- I have discharged three people for malingering that other docs would have continued treating because the pay day would have been good for them.  
- I have discounted/given away more of my services than I care to think about because people needed the care but financially were not able to.  - I have come in on my off time to treat someone because they needed the care.  I did not bill for off hours treatment (which I am entitled to do).  Even when I see someone twice in a day, I do not bill for the extra time they are in the office (again, something I am entitled to do)
- I have done more fund raising events at my office than the dentist and eye doctor next to me combined.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #201 on: August 07, 2012, 12:06:11 PM »
No, and neither were you. Another list you won't make.  ;D

Ok not making this list ;D

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #202 on: August 07, 2012, 12:08:47 PM »
It's true, he won't return my calls and I can't get over his hairless bubblebutt. Perhaps I was too "forceful" with him, but it was all in the heat of the moment.
My glutes are developed indeed. I appreciate you taking notice, champ.  :-*

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #203 on: August 07, 2012, 12:11:29 PM »
You broke someone's rib, I'm surprised you didn't get hit with lawsuit.

Reread the thread. Chiropractic is not anywhere CLOSE to being at the top of the lift of most sued doctors. Ask ANY doctor...lawsuits happen and are common in the health care profession.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #204 on: August 07, 2012, 12:12:17 PM »
My glutes are developed indeed. I appreciate you taking notice, champ.  :-*
That's just swelling, would go away if you'd stop bending over for random guys from the internet. :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #205 on: August 07, 2012, 12:13:21 PM »
That's just swelling, would go away if you'd stop bending over for random guys from the internet. :-\

chaos, are you saying he overdid it on the receiving end of some squat-thrusts?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #206 on: August 07, 2012, 12:15:02 PM »
You know a lot about butt sex. However, I don't think you can really be relevant in a discussion like this, bud.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: August 07, 2012, 12:16:45 PM »
chaos, are you saying he overdid it on the receiving end of some squat-thrusts?
He took the 10x10 program a little too far when he thought it meant 10 men with 10"
  :-X
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: August 07, 2012, 12:19:39 PM »
You know a lot about butt sex. However, I don't think you can really be relevant in a discussion like this, bud.
::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: August 07, 2012, 01:38:05 PM »
He took the 10x10 program a little too far when he thought it meant 10 men with 10"
  :-X

lmao

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: August 07, 2012, 02:14:38 PM »
Truth.   ;D  (joke there)   :P

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #211 on: August 07, 2012, 04:56:29 PM »
I
The scientific method applies to us all, no matter if we like or not. It's not just "a different way" of looking at things, it's straight up the best method we have currently have to find out how nature and the universe works. It's not something you dismiss as just "another" philosophy. Either you are interested in coming closer and closer to the truth, or you ain't.

The fact that our average lifespan is well above 50 years and we all have reasonable dental health(major killer for cave men), have vaccines, antibiotics, preventive care etcetc is ALL due to modern evidence based medicine. ALL. OF. IT. Just roughly 150-200 years ago the best treatment "doctors" had to offer was bloodletting, which really should tell you something. What has happened since then? Modern evidence-based medicine.

It's not perfect by any means but we are consistently getting better at it and it's by far the best we've got. Put chiropractics up the same standard and see how it holds up.

This is basically all there is to it. Krankenstein and Chiro Flex said there was science supporting chiropractics, I've looked for it but found nothing (no surprise). Where is it guys?

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #212 on: August 07, 2012, 05:05:12 PM »
I've never met somebody who actually wanted to be a chiropracter unless other family members were involved.

It seems to me most are just people that couldn't do med or dental school so they ended up choosing chiropractic. In university I knew a shitload of students that turned to chiro because they couldn't get the GPA needed for pharmacy, med or dental.

Yep...

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #213 on: August 07, 2012, 05:12:21 PM »
This is basically all there is to it. Krankenstein and Chiro Flex said there was science supporting chiropractics, I've looked for it but found nothing (no surprise). Where is it guys?
There's already been several studies cited in this thread.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #214 on: August 07, 2012, 05:13:16 PM »
Truth.   ;D  (joke there)   :P
You stop flirting with me before we end up in an online romance.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #215 on: August 07, 2012, 05:25:17 PM »
There's already been several studies cited in this thread.

Haven't seen any?

Also, I've checked Pubmed, haven't found anything supporting chiro.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: August 07, 2012, 05:37:43 PM »

For someone with Masters degrees you really can't expect me to believe you can't manage to type "research chiropractic care" into Google?  Where were you looking?

http://www.acatoday.org/level3_css.cfm?T1ID=13&T2ID=61&T3ID=150
http://icpa4kids.org/Chiropractic-Research/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20184717
http://www.uschirodirectory.com/index.php/research-chiropractic-conditions-a-care

Wow, that took me all of 7 minutes.  No surprise is that you will continue to think the way you do despite all that has been said and show to you. You have no desire to even explore, read, and respond in such a way that would indicate an intelligent and well thought out counterpoint other than "I am only repeating what orthopoedic surgeons I know say".  Duhhhhhhhhh

Truth be told, you have yet to show me any indication you have even one masters degree, let alone three.  So, until then you will be further associated with the main subject of this thread "Bullshitter".

With that in mind, my discussion/debate with you is concluded.  Say what you will form this point forth, you will hear little to nothing from me as a response.  I know what I do helps many people.  Can you say the same for whatever it is that you do?  Then again, with so many 'degrees' you have, it would appear you are one of those life time students.  Someone who is too scared to try and make a career out of what they already know.

Haven't seen any?

Moen...multiple Masters Degrees and can't manage to utilize PubMed correctly.  Hmm...first article on Chiro...and supportive of care.  It really is getting old making you look like a fool.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #217 on: August 07, 2012, 05:52:29 PM »
Haven't seen any?

You can find plenty of studies supporting it, although they are mostly in small chiropractic journals (i.e. written and reviewed by chiropractors) and most of them are not fantastic science (the only one that I have seen posted in this thread had no control group and had almost half the subjects excluded or drop out for some reason).  Won't find much in the most prominent medical/biology journals, e.g. Science, Nature, The Lancet, The New England Journal of Medicine, PNAS.

You can also find plenty of studies that don't support it or conclude that it has no special benefit over mainstream treatments, for example:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22341795
"There is currently a lack of low bias evidence to support the use of (spinal manipulative therapy) as a therapy for the treatment of hypertension."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21511952
"Current evidence does not support the use of spinal manipulations for the treatment for migraine headaches."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21328304
"High quality evidence suggests that there is no clinically relevant difference between (spinal manipulative therapy) and other interventions for reducing pain and improving function in patients with chronic low-back pain."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18280103
"With the possible exception of back pain, chiropractic spinal manipulation has not been shown to be effective for any medical condition."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22522273
"Adverse effects are poorly reported in recent (randomized clinical trials) of chiropractic manipulations."

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #218 on: August 07, 2012, 05:53:30 PM »
Moen hasn't studied Medicine, why would he have used PubMED  ???

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #219 on: August 07, 2012, 05:57:19 PM »
And LOL Krankenstein, all of your "science" comes from Chiro Journals. Got anything NOT done by Chiros themselves?

Keep laughing at my 3 (real) university Masters all day long man, you're basically proving why you didn't go to a real university with every post you make. And I'm probably not the only one noticing that  ;)

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #220 on: August 07, 2012, 05:58:52 PM »
Oh and by the way, in a real university, using Google is a major no no  ;)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #221 on: August 07, 2012, 06:15:40 PM »
And LOL Krankenstein, all of your "science" comes from Chiro Journals. Got anything NOT done by Chiros themselves?

Keep laughing at my 3 (real) university Masters all day long man, you're basically proving why you didn't go to a real university with every post you make. And I'm probably not the only one noticing that  ;)
Moen, no disrespect, but are you a career student? And who pays for all of this? And why not get a Phd in a field. And, over here in the US, you can't do anything with a Masters in Philosophy...
Is it just a ego thing, "I have three Masters"?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #222 on: August 07, 2012, 06:18:19 PM »

It's not realistic to expect chiropractic research to be done by non-chiros (it wouldn't be "chiropractic research" then), but the acceptance of the field by the medical community at large is always going to be limited at best if the research (i) isn't presented to or reviewed by the community at large and (ii) doesn't conform to the standard rigors of high-quality science.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: August 07, 2012, 06:20:15 PM »
Moen : Career Student, with no real world experience.  Massive GetBig bullshitter with supposed quantity of Degrees.  

Enjoy the evening, son.  I was actually interviewed today by a local newspaper because of a letter to the paper about how I helped a patient.  What did you do today?  Sign up for your 4th masters degree classes?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: August 07, 2012, 06:26:38 PM »
I lifted weights. Does that count?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!