Author Topic: Japan remembers Nagasaki  (Read 8480 times)

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Japan remembers Nagasaki
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 12:29:28 PM »
what was in dem bombs a bunch of sony radioes. >:(
F

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 12:41:18 PM »
Yes, it was truly a great day.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 03:15:36 PM »
Yes, it was truly a great day.
Nothing great about it

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 04:36:56 PM »
what was in dem bombs a bunch of sony radioes. >:(

I liked the one where he said, "what was in dem bombs, fertilizer?"

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 04:46:49 PM »
Nothing great about it
You fuck with the bull, you get the horns.

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 04:57:28 PM »
  with all due respect, what do you know about the facts of pearl harbour?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 05:00:24 PM »
 with all due respect, what do you know about the facts of pearl harbour?
Yes, of course I do. (assuming you're alluding to the embargo on Japan and FDR baiting them into attacking us)

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 05:05:20 PM »
Yes, of course I do. (assuming you're alluding to the embargo on Japan and FDR baiting them into attacking us)
I always had a good energy from the one known as shockwave.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 05:33:11 PM »

It was known that the United States would be at war with Japan since the 1920's.  Billy Mitchell testified at his court martial in the mid 20's that the US would be at war with Japan...Everyone in the Federal government privately knew that he was right.  The era of naval experimentation with Zepplins took place because they wanted a system of early warning of hostile Japanese naval fleets.  

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 05:33:51 PM »
Let me get this straight, you have no problem taking 5000 children between the ages of 2-8, breaking 20-30 different bones on their bodies, then burn them beyond recognition, then bury them under 1000's of pounds of concrete, awaiting a very slow and painful death in the dark motionless while hearing the most horrific screams of torment for 36 hours at least before they die.

So tell me did these children fuck with the bull?

Bro look at my post's, I am pro USA all the way, modern day US and I think they contribute greatly to the world but make no mistake, what they did to Japan was the greatest of all war crimes against humanity.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 05:44:23 PM »
Let me get this straight, you have no problem taking 5000 children between the ages of 2-8, breaking 20-30 different bones on their bodies, then burn them beyond recognition, then bury them under 1000's of pounds of concrete, awaiting a very slow and painful death in the dark motionless while hearing the most horrific screams of torment for 36 hours at least before they die.

So tell me did these children fuck with the bull?

Bro look at my post's, I am pro USA all the way, modern day US and I think they contribute greatly to the world but make no mistake, what they did to Japan was the greatest of all war crimes against humanity.
Well, it was either end the war in one swift stroke, or lose countless lives on both sides.
I'm pretty sure we made the right choice. Terrible things happen in war. You have to weigh the options. 150,000 Japanese men, women and children, or untold more on both sides?

You know they would use their women and children as suicide bombers towards the end, right?
They would have armed every woman and child that could carry a Katana, and we would have had to kill EVERY, SINGLE, ONE, on our march through Japan. Seeing the options, I'm pretty sure we made the right choice.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 05:56:22 PM »
Well, it was either end the war in one swift stroke, or lose countless lives on both sides.
I'm pretty sure we made the right choice. Terrible things happen in war. You have to weigh the options. 150,000 Japanese men, women and children, or untold more on both sides?

You know they would use their women and children as suicide bombers towards the end, right?
They would have armed every woman and child that could carry a Katana, and we would have had to kill EVERY, SINGLE, ONE, on our march through Japan. Seeing the options, I'm pretty sure we made the right choice.
It wasn`t the right choice. In battle you bring it on the battle field against soldiers and if there is collateral damage in this regard so be it. You don`t deliberately attack civilians with weapons of mass destruction. Follow the rules, even the ancient barbaric savages fighting on horses with swords have more class then this.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 06:00:39 PM »
It wasn`t the right choice. In battle you bring it on the battle field against soldiers and if there is collateral damage in this regard so be it. You don`t deliberately attack civilians with weapons of mass destruction. Follow the rules, even the ancient barbaric savages fighting on horses with swords have more class then this.
Yes, because we knew what WMD's were when we developed the A-Bomb. They didn't even know what the effects of radiation were, they had troops trying to sweep up the radiation from the test bombs for fucks sake.
It was the right choice, it saved lives on both sides. End of story. Stop letting sentiment get in the way of cold hard logic in this case.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 06:12:07 PM »
Yes, because we knew what WMD's were when we developed the A-Bomb. They didn't even know what the effects of radiation were, they had troops trying to sweep up the radiation from the test bombs for fucks sake.
It was the right choice, it saved lives on both sides. End of story. Stop letting sentiment get in the way of cold hard logic in this case.
Ok so why didn`t they do it in Vietnam, I will tell you why cause they would be hung, the world would turn on the US in a heart beat. If the exact same scenerio occurred it would not be allowed, cause it is wrong, nothing logic about killing innocent civilians. Anybody with a brain knows this.

Ya let`s go kill innocent German and Italian civilians in cold blood so their armies stop fighting to end the war. Nice fucken logic, The Persian, Greeks,  Romans, and every great nation known to man has never applied this stupid logic you speak of. Kill innocent civilians to stop a war, fucken brilliant.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 06:15:46 PM »
Ok so why didn`t they do it in Vietnam, I will tell you why cause they would be hung, the world would turn on the US in a heart beat. If the exact same scenerio occurred it would not be allowed, cause it is wrong, nothing logic about killing innocent civilians. Anybody with a brain knows this.

Ya let`s go kill innocent German and Italian civilians in cold blood so their armies stop fighting to end the war. Nice fucken logic, The Persian, Greeks,  Romans, and every great nation known to man has never applied this stupid logic you speak of. Kill innocent civilians to stop a war, fucken brilliant.
A. Different time, different war, different rules.
B. So let me get this straight, you'd be perfectly fine with the estimated 1 million US casualties if we invaded, not even counting the men, women and children we'd have to kill to invade the Japanese mainland (who, you seem to forget, were some of the most fanatical people of their time when it came to their motherland).

Besides, the Japanese were fucking barbarians during the war. They had no rules. It was victory or death. You don't beat someone like that by playing nice.
Its a good thing you're not allowed to make military decisions, you can't set your emotions aside and look at things honestly.

And you're way off base with your history lesson man, all the old warrior societies slaughtered or enslaved innocent civilians. Don't know where you get your information from.

As for this gem -
Kill innocent civilians to stop a war, fucken brilliant.
It worked, didn't it? Japan surrendered. Your logic kinda backfired miserably.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 07:16:34 PM »
A. Different time, different war, different rules.
B. So let me get this straight, you'd be perfectly fine with the estimated 1 million US casualties if we invaded, not even counting the men, women and children we'd have to kill to invade the Japanese mainland (who, you seem to forget, were some of the most fanatical people of their time when it came to their motherland).

Besides, the Japanese were fucking barbarians during the war. They had no rules. It was victory or death. You don't beat someone like that by playing nice.
Its a good thing you're not allowed to make military decisions, you can't set your emotions aside and look at things honestly.

And you're way off base with your history lesson man, all the old warrior societies slaughtered or enslaved innocent civilians. Don't know where you get your information from.

As for this gem - It worked, didn't it? Japan surrendered. Your logic kinda backfired miserably.

Don't even bother.  Only mistake we made is that we should have dropped one on Tokyo too.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 07:19:32 PM »
Yeah shockwave, it was estimated at a million US casualties, that's not counting the japs. If you were an American in one of their POW camps, you had a 10% chance of survival, whereas you had about an 80% chance of surviving a Nazi POW camp. Those japs were ruthless, and they new what was coming, bombings anyway, and still chose to fight on. It's called collateral damage onetime, and that's why war is hell.

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 07:29:46 PM »
Don't even bother.  Only mistake we made is that we should have dropped one on Tokyo too.

The incendiary strategy was actually more effective, and cheaper.

I`m pretty sure if you were to ask the koreans, the chinese and the phillipinos, to name a few, they would all be pretty happy with the way we treated the japs.
time under tension

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 07:33:03 PM »
The incendiary strategy was actually more effective, and cheaper.

I`m pretty sure if you were to ask the koreans, the chinese and the phillipinos, to name a few, they would all be pretty happy with the way we treated the japs.

Exactly.  Japs were ruthless and got exactly what they deserved.  No remorse.

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 05:36:40 AM »
Come with it now
Come with it now

The microphone explodes, shattering the molds
Ya either drop tha hits like de la O or get the fuck off the commode
With the sure shot, sure to make the bodies drop
Drop and don't copy yo, don't call this a co-opt
Terror rains drenchin', quenchin' the thirst of the power drones
That five sided fist-a-gon
The rotten sore on the face of mother earth gets bigger
Tha triggers cold empty your purse

They rally round the family
With a pocket full of shells
[X4]
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/rage+against+the+machine/bulls+on+parade_20113430.html ]
Weapons not food, not homes, not shoes
Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal
I walk the corner to the rubble that used to be a library
Line up to the mind cemetary, now
What we don't know keeps the contracts alive an movin'
They don't gotta burn tha books they just remove 'em
While arms warehouses fill as quick as the cells
Rally round tha family, pocket full of shells

Rally round the family

[X3]

Bulls on parade

Come with it now
Come with it now

Bulls on parade
Bulls on parade
Bulls on parade
Bulls on parade

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2012, 05:49:10 AM »
Come with it now
Come with it now

The microphone explodes, shattering the molds
Ya either drop tha hits like de la O or get the fuck off the commode
With the sure shot, sure to make the bodies drop
Drop and don't copy yo, don't call this a co-opt
Terror rains drenchin', quenchin' the thirst of the power drones
That five sided fist-a-gon
The rotten sore on the face of mother earth gets bigger
Tha triggers cold empty your purse

[X4]
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/rage+against+the+machine/bulls+on+parade_20113430.html ]
Weapons not food, not homes, not shoes
Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal
I walk the corner to the rubble that used to be a library
Line up to the mind cemetary, now
What we don't know keeps the contracts alive an movin'
They don't gotta burn tha books they just remove 'em
While arms warehouses fill as quick as the cells
Rally round tha family, pocket full of shells

Rally round the family

[X3]

Bulls on parade

Come with it now
Come with it now

Bulls on parade
Bulls on parade
Bulls on parade
Bulls on parade

I haven't listened to Rage in a looonnggg time.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2012, 06:06:37 AM »
I would not liked to have been the man to say OK lets do it. I canīt really say a lot to this because i was an artillery soldier and one thing we did with the US army was "Tech ops" .. wonīt go into details but we had M109A2 howitzers and we had to learn how to arm chemical and nuclear rounds(this was cold war time) now as a young boy in the army i know that i would have fired the Gun. Now i think about it and i am so happy i never. We used to get "crashed out" at any time to move into our "last defense positions" where the guns would be dug in and you fired the shit and die. I really hope that what happend to the japanese(who i agree were Bastards,my Uncle was a pow with them) never happens again.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2012, 05:21:08 PM »
I would not liked to have been the man to say OK lets do it. I canīt really say a lot to this because i was an artillery soldier and one thing we did with the US army was "Tech ops" .. wonīt go into details but we had M109A2 howitzers and we had to learn how to arm chemical and nuclear rounds(this was cold war time) now as a young boy in the army i know that i would have fired the Gun. Now i think about it and i am so happy i never. We used to get "crashed out" at any time to move into our "last defense positions" where the guns would be dug in and you fired the shit and die. I really hope that what happend to the japanese(who i agree were Bastards,my Uncle was a pow with them) never happens again.
Interesting

Exactly.  Japs were ruthless and got exactly what they deserved.  No remorse.
No one is disagreeing with the Japs being ruthless, they where animals, that`s for sure and I would have no problem if the US used Nukes against them in battle, but not on innocent woman and children. Now about history, bro I have studied 2000 battles, I am a historian and believe me I have a passion for it. I even memorized the entire Sun Tzu  8)

Anyhow the days of conquest of killing woman and children came to and end with the Babylonian Empire. By the Achaemenid dynasty no nation was killing woman in children, at least not by political orders, of course there is always a few retards. They always thought to incorporate the enemies resources and already established civil structure. Any nation of intiquity or mid-evil times could have started killing innocent civilians to change the paths of war, but no one ever did this as war-time strategy because it is out-right demonic. Imagine going into a stadium in Germany and open fire on civilians in order to change their governments agenda, ya it might work but it is not war like conduct as harsh as war is, this is a war crime.

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 05:40:04 PM »
Interesting
No one is disagreeing with the Japs being ruthless, they where animals, that`s for sure and I would have no problem if the US used Nukes against them in battle, but not on innocent woman and children. Now about history, bro I have studied 2000 battles, I am a historian and believe me I have a passion for it. I even memorized the entire Sun Tzu  8)

Anyhow the days of conquest of killing woman and children came to and end with the Babylonian Empire. By the Achaemenid dynasty no nation was killing woman in children, at least not by political orders, of course there is always a few retards. They always thought to incorporate the enemies resources and already established civil structure. Any nation of intiquity or mid-evil times could have started killing innocent civilians to change the paths of war, but no one ever did this as war-time strategy because it is out-right demonic. Imagine going into a stadium in Germany and open fire on civilians in order to change their governments agenda, ya it might work but it is not war like conduct as harsh as war is, this is a war crime.
               Full statistics for the tragic fate of children who died during the Holocaust will never be known. Some estimates range as high as 1.5 million murdered children. This figure includes more than 1.2 million Jewish children, tens of thousands of Gypsy children and thousands of institutionalized handicapped children who were murdered under Nazi rule in Germany and occupied Europe.
Although children were seldom the targets of Nazi violence because they were children, they were persecuted along with their families for racial, religious, or political reasons. Children are not a single unified group because of the enormous and complex variations in their situation and ages. It is important to separate the distinct needs of three different age groups: (1) infants and toddlers up to age 6; (2) young children ages 7 to 12; and (3) adolescents from 13 to 18 years old. Their respective chances for survival and their ability to perform physical labor varied enormously by age. Chances of survival were somewhat higher for older children, since they could potentially be assigned to forced labor in concentration camps and ghettos