Author Topic: Romney going to announce the VP Pick on Saturday morning  (Read 9510 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Of course not. And you will have noticed in previous debates I have stated that I think all politicians are crooks and don't care for the people. Only care about themselves and their pockets.

I chose to speak about embryonic cell research because I consider myself a scientific person, and republicans/conservatives do not seem to be the most friendly people toward science or scientific endeavors. Thus, I chose to specifically talk about that topic. This doesn't mean I think Obama is doing what's best for America either.

I have no expectations for Romney /Ryan but i know staying with obama / biden is not going to do anything. 

So my vote is based on the small chance they will be better since obama is a proven failure no matter what the makeup of congress is.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Not the people. The people can vote for a politician and believe whatever they want to believe. I am saying a politician. NOT the people. A politician should try to be as objective as possible. Clearly, these bible thumpers are not objective in any way, shape or form.

Naturally, a politicians beliefs are going to influence him somewhat. However, they dont even attempt to strike a balance between their beliefs and objectivity. This is no good.

Oh..they're not objective because they don't agree with you?  And politicians are elected to represent the interests of the people...they should be expected to consider those people when voting.   The fact of the mtter is...there is a large percentage of the population that views human embryos as people.   I will tell you this...when I saw the first ultrasound of my daughter 10  years ago, she became my daughter.  I still see those miniscule limbs flapping around...I see them today when I watch her run.  I had no more right to claim her life for science then than I do now.  I would not favor my tax dollars being used to fund research that ends human life at any stage.  I am not alone and I am grateful that there are politicians willing to represent my views.    

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Oh..they're not objective because they don't agree with you?  And politicians are elected to represent the interests of the people...they should be expected to consider those people when voting.   The fact of the mtter is...there is a large percentage of the population that views human embryos as people.   I will tell you this...when I saw the first ultrasound of my daughter 10  years ago, she became my daughter.  I still see those miniscule limbs flapping around...I see them today when I watch her run.  I had no more right to claim her life for science then than I do now.  I would not favor my tax dollars being used to fund research that ends human life at any stage.  I am not alone and I am grateful that there are politicians willing to represent my views.    

Yes, but embryonic cell research will help scientific endeavors and the US progress as a nation. This is why the US will eventually take a backseat to so many countries because so many of the bible thumpers are stopping things like embryonic cell research. They don't do whats good for America, only whats good for the bible thumpers. I am not saying they have to appease me on EVERY topic, but sometimes you need to put your religious beliefs aside and do whats for the greater good. Clearly their religious beliefs forbade this. This is not good.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
I have no expectations for Romney /Ryan but i know staying with obama / biden is not going to do anything. 

So my vote is based on the small chance they will be better since obama is a proven failure no matter what the makeup of congress is.

So, youre saying that we are basically screwed either way? lol  :)
X

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
So, youre saying that we are basically screwed either way? lol  :)

With Obama 100% of failure

With Romney /Ryan - 75% - 100% of failure

Im voting for them based on that 25%. 

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Yes, but embryonic cell research will help scientific endeavors and the US progress as a nation. This is why the US will eventually take a backseat to so many countries because so many of the bible thumpers are stopping things like embryonic cell research. They don't do whats good for America, only whats good for the bible thumpers. I am not saying they have to appease me on EVERY topic, but sometimes you need to put your religious beliefs aside and do whats for the greater good. Clearly their religious beliefs forbade this. This is not good.

Again...you are asking to accept that harvesting human lives for science is the greater good.  I disagree.    You are asking me to accept the notion that science trumps morality and that morality, be it personal or collective, should be set aside in favor of someone else's moral judgement.  I disagree.  You think that...for whatever reason...your scientific interest should hold sway over my moral objections when it comes to the expenditure of federal money.  I disagree.  

If the science truly is there...fund it privately.  I would be truly saddened and morally repulsed if a woman were to sell an embryo she is carrying to a lab so they can harvest it...but that's her right.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Again...you are asking to accept that harvesting human lives for science is the greater good.  I disagree.    You are asking me to accept the notion that science trumps morality and that morality, be it personal or collective, should be set aside in favor of someone else's moral judgement.  I disagree.  You think that...for whatever reason...your scientific interest should hold sway over my moral objections when it comes to the expenditure of federal money.  I disagree.  

If the science truly is there...fund it privately.  I would be truly saddened and morally repulsed if a woman were to sell an embryo she is carrying to a lab so they can harvest it...but that's her right.

That's fine, but there are A LOT of other issues that are determined based on someones religious convictions. With bible thumpers, you cant even debate with them. If it goes against the bible, that is all that matters. Even if there was an issue that would promote this country, but it went against the bible, it would be shot down. This is not good. You cant run a country based on the bible. And what logical person would want to elect someone who would.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
With Obama 100% of failure

With Romney /Ryan - 75% - 100% of failure

Im voting for them based on that 25%. 

Again, youre basically saying we are fucked.  Youre just choosing the lesser of the 2 evils.
X

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
That's fine, but there are A LOT of other issues that are determined based on someones religious convictions. With bible thumpers, you cant even debate with them. If it goes against the bible, that is all that matters. Even if there was an issue that would promote this country, but it went against the bible, it would be shot down. This is not good. You cant run a country based on the bible. And what logical person would want to elect someone who would.

You can't run one based on the communist manifesto or rules for radicals either. 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
You can't run one based on the communist manifesto or rules for radicals either. 

I agree. As I have said, there needs to be a balance between ones beliefs and a more objective standard. Looking at the big picture.
X

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Again, youre basically saying we are fucked.  Youre just choosing the lesser of the 2 evils.

Its always that way 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Its always that way 

Its a pretty sad state of affairs then  :-\ :-\
X

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Its a pretty sad state of affairs then  :-\ :-\

True - but some of us are long past the expectation of it being otherwise. 

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
Re: Romney going to announce the VP Pick on Saturday morning
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2012, 10:35:20 AM »

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

You're attempting to get me to agree with notion that Ryan's voting record is akin to establishing a theocracy...I don't agree with that. I think he's voting in line with a moral compass that is to some extent...and I'm not in his head so I don't know to what extent...guided by his religious views. I encourage any and all politicians to do the same...by they muslin, jew, christian atheist whatever.  State your beliefs and act on them...be honest and we'll be the better for it as a society.  I have yet to see ANY credible candidate for public office  point to the bible over the constitution as the blueprint for our governance.
So I think you're overstating your case...by a lot.

You seem to have an issue with people seeking guidance from the bible..I personally don't do that, but I'm not going to judge others for doing so.  It's their life.  

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »
What businesses do you think are suffering??  From banking to the oil industry, retail chains etc. are making record profits and holding on to more cash than at any time in history.  They have learned to do so with less people and by reinvesting less.  All those crying about jobs and the economy better get used to the way things are now because this is going to be the new normal.  Mitt ain't going to do nothing about creating more jobs.
This is completely incorrect.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/27/business/global/royal-dutch-shell-earnings-tumble-13-in-first-quarter.htmlhttp://news.yahoo.com/analyst-view-citigroup-earnings-fall-legacy-assets-weaken-130351494--sector.html

Retail is better off then before but certainly no record profits.   Energy companies and banks are certainly not posting record profits.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2012, 10:49:03 AM »
There goes you bunch of stupid fuckers again with Coach predictably leading the pack, thinking that your vote will make a difference, thinking that Romney will take the time to spit on you, thinking that any politician, regardless of affiliation are in it for 'the people' and not themselves.

Vote Romney, vote Obama, vote for fucking Putin if it leave you fuzzy inside thinking you've made any difference. After all, ignorance is bliss AND counted upon by these fame seeking politicos the great unwashed trust and idolise.
X2. All politicians are whores and will bend over for the greatest paying "johns".
Vaseline and KY should be their biggest endorsers.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
You're attempting to get me to agree with notion that Ryan's voting record is akin to establishing a theocracy...I don't agree with that. I think he's voting in line with a moral compass that is to some extent...and I'm not in his head so I don't know to what extent...guided by his religious views. I encourage any and all politicians to do the same...by they muslin, jew, christian atheist whatever.  State your beliefs and act on them...be honest and we'll be the better for it as a society.  I have yet to see ANY credible candidate for public office  point to the bible over the constitution as the blueprint for our governance.
So I think you're overstating your case...by a lot.

You seem to have an issue with people seeking guidance from the bible..I personally don't do that, but I'm not going to judge others for doing so.  It's their life.  

No, I dont judge people who seek guidance from the bible. I judge politicians who try to pass laws based on their religious beliefs that then impinge on the rights of others who may not have similar religious convictions. Now this can obviously apply to religious or non religious politicians. However, with religious politicians, there isn't even a balance. Its the bible or nothing else.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2012, 10:52:13 AM »
X2. All politicians are whores and will bend over for the greatest paying "johns".
Vaseline and KY should be their biggest endorsers.

x3. Ive said this before. Politicians couldnt careless for the american people.
X

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2012, 10:54:57 AM »
x3. Ive said this before. Politicians couldnt careless for the american people.

Exactly! while these idiots squabble over which party is hurting the people it's both who are in the back pockets of the corporations and both who are screwing the people over in grand fashion.

Dems/GOP = cut from the same cloth

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2012, 10:57:03 AM »
Exactly! while these idiots squabble over which party is hurting the people it's both who are in the back pockets of the corporations and both who are screwing the people over in grand fashion.

Dems/GOP = cut from the same cloth

Yup. There are probably a handful of major corporations that run this world. Politicians are in their back pockets, repubs and dems.

Coach is too stupid to realize this.
X

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
No, I dont judge people who seek guidance from the bible. I judge politicians who try to pass laws based on their religious beliefs that then impinge on the rights of others who may not have similar religious convictions. Now this can obviously apply to religious or non religious politicians. However, with religious politicians, there isn't even a balance. Its the bible or nothing else.

But this is true of almost ALL politicians.  There's precious little room for compromise these days....can you see Nancy Pelosi deviating very far from the most strict liberal dogma?  I can't...and I defy you to tell me how following that dogma differs from following religion.  You can't...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2012, 11:03:52 AM »
Yup. There are probably a handful of major corporations that run this world. Politicians are in their back pockets, repubs and dems.

They like people like him clueless who think it's actually the other side who is screwing him over when in fact it's both sides and the behest of corporate America

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2012, 11:05:08 AM »

Some may have good intentions, but then they realize how the game is played, and who they must "bend over for", the problem is, they must convey to the public, via their "charisma" what they will do that is good for the public. So, it's kinda like convincing a child that the "bad tasting purple medicine is good for you", or that "the shot won't hurt that much, I'm right here.", convincing the public is the true politicians artform, everything else is behind closed doors.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2012, 11:07:46 AM »
They like people like him clueless who think it's actually the other side who is screwing him over when in fact it's both sides and the behest of corporate America

Yup. Coach actually thinks that Republicans care about him  ::).
X