Author Topic: Why can't we wake up!!!!!!  (Read 7998 times)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Re: Why can't we wake up!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 06:55:51 PM »
Exactly. When was the last time a bunch of tibetan monks waged war against anyone?  ??? ???
Probably Sri Lanka.

G

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 07:12:20 PM »
Exactly. When was the last time a bunch of tibetan monks waged war against anyone?  ??? ???
buddhism is far from devoid of violence, dude.

Re: the OP, by and large religious rules are there for a reason whether the reason is sociological, psychological, spiritual, or else what survival demands. Anthropological research has shown environmental correlates for cultural rules that enhance survival. Take your example of Hindu's not eating beef- when you're stressed for resources, a vegetarian diet makes much more survival sense than a meat based diet which takes up a lot more resources.

Ofcourse, not all rules apply to the modern setting but the tradition lives on. But if we understand the basis of the rules (or lack thereof) we can avoid making crude remarks about other religions/cultures, or even enhance our own religious practice.
follow the arrows

epic_alien

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2012, 07:26:41 PM »
I saw an infomercial early today.  It was a pastor  ::)  Talking about "sewing a seed" (donating) $250 dollars.  He said that god would bless you with good luck if you donated.  Somehow, I don't think god would approve.

yes ive seen that crazy piece of garbage, he ays if you sew the miracle seed 1000 dollars a miracle will happen in your life. he is one disgusting person, but people buy it? why?

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 07:34:33 PM »
Some of these religious philosophies are sound and can help one enjoy life more. Its on par with government or any hierarchichal stream. The ones at the top want it all and encourage the followers to remain in the dark.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2012, 08:17:59 PM »
   I was playing football today when an incident happened that made me think.  A black guy was making fun of a Muslim guy's religion.  There was going to be a barbecue after and the Muslim wanted to know if there would be pork served.  Then a white guy shouted " see that's why you're religion is stupid. It tells you what you can eat"  The Mulsim guy said " I wouldn't eat that dirty ass animal (pig)"

We are all in for a rude awakening people. All these people with all of these restrictions, limitations, etc...  Muslims can't eat pork, Indians worship cows, and rats etc....  Why can't we realise that out all of the various beliefs in this world, that somebody is going to be assed out in the end.  Christianity, Islam, Buddhist, Scientology, witchcraft, devil-worship etc....... Who will win?  I think we all lose  :-[

In the end we all become worm fodder. Seriously though, if believing in X and following rules set down by X get you through the day great. Just don't have any expectations that I will/should or must think as you do. Hypothetically thinking, if there is a "reckoning" followed by some sort of "hereafter" a bunch of people may very well be fucked. Me included.......maybe

MikMaq

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2012, 08:31:28 PM »
Atheists don`t have to worry about any of that nonsense.  I hope this helps.
Yes because athiests, are never vegetarians, never have issues with trans fats, or are found refusing to eat gmod foods. ::)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2012, 08:35:21 PM »
buddhism is far from devoid of violence, dude.

Re: the OP, by and large religious rules are there for a reason whether the reason is sociological, psychological, spiritual, or else what survival demands. Anthropological research has shown environmental correlates for cultural rules that enhance survival. Take your example of Hindu's not eating beef- when you're stressed for resources, a vegetarian diet makes much more survival sense than a meat based diet which takes up a lot more resources.

Ofcourse, not all rules apply to the modern setting but the tradition lives on. But if we understand the basis of the rules (or lack thereof) we can avoid making crude remarks about other religions/cultures, or even enhance our own religious practice.

Can you post some information regarding buddhism and violence or wars waged against other religions?
X

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2012, 09:07:58 PM »
You'd think the Jew and Muslims would get along since they both hate pork.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2012, 09:35:15 PM »
Yes because athiests, are never vegetarians, never have issues with trans fats, or are found refusing to eat gmod foods. ::)
Those are morons, such as yourself, regardless of religion.  ::)

MikMaq

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2012, 09:46:28 PM »
Those are morons, such as yourself, regardless of religion.  ::)
Oh so when there athiest do stupid things it's because there stupid, when religious people do stupid shit it's because of there religion ??? ??? ??? ???

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2012, 09:53:21 PM »
All this Muslim talk is making me hungry for some baby back ribs

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2012, 11:54:44 PM »
Every culture has some sort of meat eating habbits people should be more open minded, the muslim don't eat pork, the indian don't eats bovine, the black guy eats only chicken, and the white guy's wife loves the dark meat. It's the way of the world.

can someone do a zoom on tatoo
all drugs - TPPIIP

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2012, 12:01:20 AM »
indians don't worship cows

Without self knowledge, without understanding the working and functions of his machine, man cannot be free, he cannot govern himself and he will always remain a slave.

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2012, 12:09:40 AM »
See who is the doubter, who is the thinker. It is the ego. Hold it; the other thoughts will die away - the ego will be left pure. See the source from where the ego arises and abide in it. That is pure consciousness.

It is like the elephant which wakes up on seeing a lion in its dream. Even as the elephant wakes up at the mere sight of the lion, so too is it certain that the disciple wakes up from the sleep of ignorance into the wakefulness of true knowledge through the Guru’s benevolent look of grace.

Realization is to get rid of the delusion that you have not realized.

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2012, 12:13:14 AM »

To be yourself requires extraordinary intelligence. You are blessed with that intelligence; nobody need give it to you; nobody can take it away from you. He who lets that express itself in its own way is a "Natural Man".

I discovered for myself and by myself that there is no self to realize. That's the realization I am talking about. It comes as a shattering blow. It hits you like a thunderbolt. You have invested everything in one basket, self-realization, and, in the end, suddenly you discover that there is no self to discover, no self to realize.

Our mind (and there are no individual minds — only "mind", which is the accumulation of man's knowledge and experience) has created the notion of the psyche and evolution.

Thought can never capture the movement of life, it is much too slow. It is like lightning and thunder. They occur simultaneously, but sound, travelling slower than light, reaches you later, creating the illusion of two separate events.

The fact is that we don't want to be free. What is responsible for our problems is the fear of losing what we have and what we know. All these therapies, all these techniques, religious or otherwise, are only perpetuating the agony of man.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2012, 04:34:07 AM »
   In the end we all become worm fodder. Seriously though, if believing in X and following rules set down by X get you through the day great. Just don't have any expectations that I will/should or must think as you do. Hypothetically thinking, if there is a "reckoning" followed by some sort of "hereafter" a bunch of people may very well be fucked. Me included.......maybe
The point is is that there should only be one right religion. Right?  I can't see multiple utopias after you die.  One for Muslims, one for Christians, one for hindis etc.....  Why can't smart people start putting things together. 

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2012, 04:57:40 AM »
LOL @ paki propaganda 99bananas is spewing. Stop posting pics of your disgusting boyfriends, f.aggot.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2012, 04:58:44 AM »
Fuck them and double fuck the queers that support them.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2012, 05:18:59 AM »
I saw an infomercial early today.  It was a pastor  ::)  Talking about "sewing a seed" (donating) $250 dollars.  He said that god would bless you with good luck if you donated.  Somehow, I don't think god would approve.
No, "God" would bless him with "good luck" if you donated...

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2012, 06:38:04 AM »
If David Kouresh was born two thousand years ago, there'd probably be a religion today devoted to worshiping him.  People would be killing each other because of his "teachings", celebrating holidays in his name, and structuring their life in hopes of sharing an afterlife with this quack.  It's astonishing how gullible people are even if they're otherwise functionally intelligent. 

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2012, 06:54:13 AM »
Don't worry the Annunaki will make it all go away in a few months...

December right?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2012, 06:59:37 AM »
i am not atheist, but god cant be from this world, bc hes clearly missing in action and nowhere to be found.

maybe hes from outer space.

as for religion, religion is man made, most clerics from any religions are child fiddlers.

grown ppl believing in religion is akin to kids believing in santa.

they fear that if its not real, they lose purpose to life or something.

the 10 commandements are ok, althought theyre pretty much spat on by everyone.

Excellent post

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2012, 07:23:59 AM »
I generally respect religions no matter how goofy, but Islam is not a religion it's a political system, and it's 10 times worse than communism.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2012, 07:35:00 AM »
Realization is to get rid of the delusion that you have not realized.

So are you saying getbiggers should give up their dreams of standing on stage next to Phil?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2012, 07:39:55 AM »
If David Kouresh was born two thousand years ago, there'd probably be a religion today devoted to worshiping him.  People would be killing each other because of his "teachings", celebrating holidays in his name, and structuring their life in hopes of sharing an afterlife with this quack.  It's astonishing how gullible people are even if they're otherwise functionally intelligent. 
Great point, but something is missing.  Guys like Kouresh and Jones had followers, but not the billions that people like Jesus and Muhammad still command.  Did the council of Nicea have something to do with it?