Author Topic: God quote  (Read 13533 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: God quote
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 01:02:57 AM »
No, I totally get pascals wager. Its pretty straightforward

It posits that there's more to be gained from wagering on the existence of God than from atheism, and that a rational person should live as though God exists, even though the truth of the matter cannot actually be known.

Yes, I should just live as though God may exist, because I have more to lose in believing he doesnt exist. Yes, great logic. ::) ::)
Got a question for you sf19 and please be open minded, is there a 0.1% chance God exist? Yes or No

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 01:05:39 AM »
Got a question for you sf19 and please be open minded, is there a 0.1% chance God exist? Yes or No
Can I give my answer ?  :D There is a creator but there is no God like what Christians, Muslims etc believe in. So No from me  :)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 01:43:46 AM »
My condolences for your loss.

There's zero chance of a creator.

Monotheistic religions are so stupendously out of their depth in the light of scientific advancement it's shocking how prevalent these ideologies are in a modern world.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 01:45:26 AM »
anyone asseerting to have any kind of knowledge on the subject, whether in affirmation or denial; whether about probability or about logic, is being dishonest and disingenuine with themself and/or others

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 01:54:06 AM »
anyone asseerting to have any kind of knowledge on the subject, whether in affirmation or denial; whether about probability or about logic, is being dishonest and disingenuine with themself and/or others

Not true. Believers in God have only negative evidence.

Theists / deists are continually moving the goal posts: once upon a time the shear quantity and diversity of life on Earth would have been "evidence" for a creator, as would the development of a complex organ like the eye (which is still retardedly used to this day...) - sadly for these groups science and empirical evidence explain the process of evolution and also confirmed Darwin's single "origin of life" (i.e. all life on Earth is related, FACT).
الاسلام هو شيطانية

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 02:04:35 AM »

You cannot use numbers here because probability is an abstract term to describe some types of "quantities" in abstract world. First you have to describe probabilistic space which is impossible.

Yet there is infinite amount of possibilities of what god, if existed might have been. Catholic god is just one of them, one of them that your ancestors chose to believe and in the process of historical evolution changed to what your mother chose to believe and thus, you are religious.

There is no evidence that catholic god doesn't exist; just like there's no evidence that god who wants you to, say, kill your kids and eat them doesn't exist.

That's why Pascal was full of shit.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 02:09:41 AM »

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 03:10:23 AM »
These threads always help identify the cretins.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 03:17:14 AM »
These threads always help identify the cretins.
When they knock at your door with a bible, don't let them in

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 04:11:13 AM »
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.- Marcus Aurelius

I like this quote.

Noted for future use in arguments with idiotic imbeciles.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 04:36:52 AM »
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.- Marcus Aurelius

Adam comes through in the clinch!!

Thanks so much!!!

I appreciate all the sentiments, he passed last year and not a day goes by without some thoughts of him.  Funny thing is that all the stuff my friend was saying was exactly how a priest would talk..

"It is not ours to question..."

"Who are we to question..."

"Judgement is left to the lord..."

"We are sinners, forgiveness is there for the asking..."

"Our faith is tested daily, we must renew our belief or our faith is lost..."

Unreal.... ::)

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2012, 05:57:12 AM »
lots of getbig geniuses teaching logic to Blaise Pascal

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2012, 06:12:54 AM »

Exactly.

Religion is a method to control people.

Carry on.

8)

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2012, 06:17:41 AM »
When they knock at your door with a bible, don't let them in

I go to town on there religion right on my doorstep and watch the horror unfold in their eyes.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2012, 07:05:00 AM »
GOD DIDNT SAVE YOU....WE DID!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2012, 08:16:26 AM »
Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

You don't have to be a genius to be able to look around at the world that exists and KNOW that there has to be a Creator.  Among evolutionists there is not even a half-way reasonable idea for how we got here.  The best they have is "the big bang" which still doesn't even attempt to explain where time, space, and matter originated. 

big bang theory
n.
A cosmological theory holding that the universe originated approximately 20 billion years ago from the violent explosion of a very small agglomeration of matter of extremely high density and temperature.

Notice that the big bang does not explain where the small "matter" came from, nor where the "space" the matter exists in came from, nor where the "energy" for the temperature and explosion came from, nor where "time" originated. 

Only by existing outside of time, space, and matter can you have the ability to create time, space, and matter.  Therefore God cannot, by necessity, have a beginning.  This logic is so simple, yet how many people are so quick to dismiss it and cling to their religion of the big bang or whatever fairytale of a religion that they desperately love. 

My Dad also passed away about 2 years ago.  It is a difficult thing to go through.  I was only 25 at the time, and he was only 53.  I find some comfort in the words of Jesus though,

John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Shut the Fuck Up.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2012, 08:26:16 AM »
FUCK the NOTION of GOD! Talking about a GOD is just a fancy way of saying "I have no fucking clue how all this shit came about so I may as well make some shit up"
V

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2012, 08:27:20 AM »

You, as always, make stupid claims that are undefendable.

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2012, 08:30:37 AM »
Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

You don't have to be a genius to be able to look around at the world that exists and KNOW that there has to be a Creator.  Among evolutionists there is not even a half-way reasonable idea for how we got here.  The best they have is "the big bang" which still doesn't even attempt to explain where time, space, and matter originated. 

big bang theory
n.
A cosmological theory holding that the universe originated approximately 20 billion years ago from the violent explosion of a very small agglomeration of matter of extremely high density and temperature.

Notice that the big bang does not explain where the small "matter" came from, nor where the "space" the matter exists in came from, nor where the "energy" for the temperature and explosion came from, nor where "time" originated. 

Only by existing outside of time, space, and matter can you have the ability to create time, space, and matter.  Therefore God cannot, by necessity, have a beginning.  This logic is so simple, yet how many people are so quick to dismiss it and cling to their religion of the big bang or whatever fairytale of a religion that they desperately love. 

My Dad also passed away about 2 years ago.  It is a difficult thing to go through.  I was only 25 at the time, and he was only 53.  I find some comfort in the words of Jesus though,

John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

White noise and spooky language.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2012, 08:38:15 AM »

"It is not ours to question..."

"Who are we to question..."

It is not wrong to question God about things that happen if you are sincere and actually wanting an answer.  In Psalms God was questioned about why the writer was afflicted with certain situations.

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."- Marcus Aurelius

The above sounds good but each person has their view of what a "just God" would be.  Also, does one live by the same virtues all of their life?  If not, do the "unwholesome ones" not count and/or are ones that are considered wholesome by the "gods?"

Sorry about your father Krankenstein.
R

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2012, 08:45:18 AM »
I know this thread will probably get derailed and turned into an argument, but a while back someone put a quote on here from a philosopher, or historical figure wherein they talked about (I think this is right) both sides of the question if god is real or not.

I have a friend who started in on me with the god talk when the subject of my fathers passing came up.  The line about "its not ours to question who struggles or suffers" came up.  To which I got pissed because of how there are so many scum bag fucks out there who need to die immediately and I had to watch my dad waste away to a shell of his former self.

Annnnyway...hopefully someone will know what the fuck I am talking about.

IMO if God exists, he/she/it is indifferent to our joy or our suffering. That is not God's concern.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
People's beleif in God is absurd.

If someone came close to death but survived they thank God but if someone actually dies, they say that God had bigger plans.  So no matter what, living or dying they give God and excuse for it.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2012, 10:08:57 AM »
I know this thread will probably get derailed and turned into an argument, but a while back someone put a quote on here from a philosopher, or historical figure wherein they talked about (I think this is right) both sides of the question if god is real or not.

I have a friend who started in on me with the god talk when the subject of my fathers passing came up.  The line about "its not ours to question who struggles or suffers" came up.  To which I got pissed because of how there are so many scum bag fucks out there who need to die immediately and I had to watch my dad waste away to a shell of his former self.

Annnnyway...hopefully someone will know what the fuck I am talking about.

I am sorry for your loss.  Watching a loved one go through something painful can change people in unexpected ways. 

Wow, just realized, but 2 years ago today I was on my death bed in the ER of my local hospital.   Those situations certainly take a toll on those closest to us.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2012, 10:15:37 AM »
Shut the Fuck Up.

Settle down TA.....you're just fine.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2012, 10:20:06 AM »