Author Topic: MONDAYs  (Read 4553 times)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
MONDAYs
« on: November 14, 2005, 09:28:01 PM »
Im sure it has been commented on before, but its ridiculous how so many guys at the gym all do chest on mondays.  from some hardcore lifters to the twice a week crew all the benches are filled up.  of course the squat racks are barely being used, but that is pretty normal.

Valhalla awaits.

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: MONDAYs
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 09:35:50 PM »
yeah thats true, even i do chest on mondays
big or bust

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 10:06:46 PM »
That's why I never do chest on Monday.  And that's why I always hit quads on Monday.  Just hit them tonight with no problem finding an open squat rack.

Here is my theory on why Mondays are always so packed in the gym, and why it's always chest that's being done.  Alot of people tell themselves "o.k. time to get back in the gym" they just spent the weekend eating a bunch of crap, and drank too much.  They stick with it for a couple of days and then as the weekend gets closer they fade out only to be faced with the same dilema again.  So naturaly when they come back they start with chest because its all they really know to do.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 03:14:55 AM »
I think a lot of people do a 3 times a week program and they usually start with chest (you hardly ever see a training program in a magazine that starts off with legs for example)
Z

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 05:02:53 AM »

And that's why I always hit quads on Monday.

Me too!  In the gym doing the s*it nobody else wants to do.  :D

smallbenchj

• Getbig I
  • one more!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 10:25:05 AM »
I'm a Monday bench presser....but it doesn't matter in my gym the only thing that stops me from getting a good workout is the ninnies that turn off my music because they can't understand it or so they can talk to the out of shape house wife on the treadmill next to them.  DON"T TOUCH THE RADIO!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 10:28:24 AM »
Allot of people take weekends off too from training which usually has them a little stronger after 3 days off.  So they usually do chest on Monday when they are strongest.  At least that's why I do it.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 10:39:36 AM »
I used to do chest/back on monday. but now i do shoulders/back,kinda funny, now that iv ben lifting longer,all the 'beach' muscles (chest/arms) are worked on fri.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 01:13:10 PM »
yeah i usually do bench on mondays too, i was just commenting. 

it is true tho, gradually as monday turns into tuesday into wenseday the less devoted lifters stop showing up and by the time im hitting shoudlers on thurs afternoon the place is half empty
Valhalla awaits.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 01:26:07 PM »
I like to give most attention to my legs and back, because those are my hardest and most enjoyable lifts.  So, i do them on my easiest days, tuesday and thursday.  I do chest on monday, because i'm trying to bring up tri's a bit, and in order to work them twice a week, i need to do chest on monday.  It's obnoxious having to wait a lot of the time, but as of now, this is how it's gotta be.
:-)

Xecutioner

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 10:20:08 AM »
It's amazing, in general, how busy the gym is on Mondays. Quite funny really when you think of what it implies  ;D

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2005, 01:42:49 PM »
It's amazing, in general, how busy the gym is on Mondays. Quite funny really when you think of what it implies  ;D

what does it imply? guilt from the weekend?
:-)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2005, 01:47:16 PM »
Allot of people take weekends off too from training which usually has them a little stronger after 3 days off.  So they usually do chest on Monday when they are strongest.  At least that's why I do it.

Exactly why i do chest on monday. i always get the best workouts on mondays for some reason. my gym isn't a trendy fitness center so there is always room for bench on monday. i used to train back on monday because i was focusing on my deadlift. now i'm trying to get my bench up to match my dead/squat numbers.

8)

Gary

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2005, 02:05:12 PM »
I train a body part when I'm ready regardless of the day of the week.  I'm not really sure what a seven day week has to do with anything related to your body's ability to recover and overcompensate.  It's funny that some mention they have there best workouts after two days of rest.  Maybe you should consider taking more days off and get stronger on all bodyparts. 

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2005, 02:13:55 PM »
I train a body part when I'm ready regardless of the day of the week.  I'm not really sure what a seven day week has to do with anything related to your body's ability to recover and overcompensate.  It's funny that some mention they have there best workouts after two days of rest.  Maybe you should consider taking more days off and get stronger on all bodyparts. 

great point

your body has no idea what day of the week it is nor does it care

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2005, 02:41:51 PM »
yeah but my class schedule, work schedule, drinking schedule all dep]ends on the day of the week so keeping a somewhate regular routine is necessary.

in a perfect world i would win the lottery and sit around all day and have allthe free time in teh world to decide how i feel and how i want to work out.
Valhalla awaits.

Gary

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2005, 02:49:21 PM »
yeah but my class schedule, work schedule, drinking schedule all dep]ends on the day of the week so keeping a somewhate regular routine is necessary.

Doesn't mean you have to train a body part by a set schedule or day.  You are just trying to squeeze all parts into one week and coordinate that with your other activities.  I've trained chest every nine days before and made the best gains for me.  You must go to UVA or something!

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2005, 10:05:41 PM »
haha whats that sposed to mean
Valhalla awaits.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2005, 10:07:02 PM »
your best gains were every 9 days for chest.  hmmm interesting.

i notice if i wait 8 or 10 days bewteen workin a body part i can up my poundage some
Valhalla awaits.