Author Topic: Admit It, I Scare The Ever-Loving **** Out Of You, Don't I?  (Read 2192 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Admit It, I Scare The Ever-Loving **** Out Of You, Don't I?
« on: August 15, 2012, 05:55:01 PM »
Someone shared this with me.  Funny.   :)

Admit It, I Scare The Ever-Loving Shit Out Of You, Don't I?
By Paul Ryan
Candidate for Vice President of the United States
August 13, 2012 | ISSUE 48•33

When Mitt Romney selected me as his running mate, I knew the Democratic attack dogs would come out in full force. They would say I’m a right-wing ideologue. They would say my views on entitlement programs are far too radical. They would say putting me on the ticket immediately kills Mitt Romney’s chances of becoming president because I’m a liability. But if we’re being honest with each other—if we’re able to put aside the talking points for a few minutes and say what we’re all actually thinking and feeling—I believe we can acknowledge the real truth here.

I’m young, I’m handsome, I’m smart, and I’m articulate. And that scares the ever-loving shit out of you. You can pretend like you have this thing in the bag, but you know good goddamn well that this race just got real interesting, real fast.

It’s okay to admit it. You’re frightened to death of me. It might actually be healthy for you to face your fears now rather than later, when Mitt and I are leading by a few points in the polls and it looks like this thing might end badly for you. Face it: I’m not some catastrophe waiting to happen, like a Sarah Palin or a Dan Quayle. On the contrary, you have the exact opposite fear. I’m a solid, competent, some might say exceptional, politician.

Did you get nervous when you read that last sentence? Is it because you know in your heart of hearts that it’s 100 percent true? Is it because, even if you strongly disagree with my beliefs on Medicare, Social Security, women’s rights, and marriage equality, you know my talent as a speaker and my well-thought-out approach to these issues—no matter how radical and convoluted you find them—might just be enough to win over independent voters?

Do you get chills just thinking about how strong my appeal actually is?

I have another question for you: How scared are you that I can convince people I’m right? Because I’m good at it. No, I’m really good at it. You see, I know how to turn up the charm and charisma without putting people off. Then I back up what I’m saying with arguments that, when they come out of my mouth, sound completely accurate and well-reasoned. And I do it with such passion that people automatically recognize me as a man with deep convictions he will stand up for, no matter what.

The American people love that shit. They love it.

Passion, intellect, and a magnetic personality. Pretty damn intimidating combo, if I say so myself. You want to talk about polish? Man, I’ve got polish for miles. Oh, and by the way, I’ll go ahead and say this next thing because, if we’re being honest, why the hell not, right? In case you haven’t noticed, I’m white. Hoo, brother, am I white.

Yup, you should be scared shitless of me, because guess who isn’t? The people of Wisconsin. They love me. Republicans and Democrats there love me. Hell, I get Democrats to vote for me even if my policies make zero sense when it comes to their livelihoods. Do you know why? Because they like me. They like my story. Young, good-looking kid who pulled himself up by his bootstraps to make something of himself. Christ, I'm a storybook candidate. I balance out this ticket so well it’s almost too perfect. The people of Ohio are going to think that. And seniors in Florida—the state we supposedly lost when Mitt picked me—won’t be so scared as soon they know that my mother lives in Florida, and that all I want to do is reform the health care system so she can receive care that makes good fiscal sense.

Boy, I’m going to sell the shit out of that talking point. And I’m going to do a great job of it. Why? Because I’m Paul Ryan. That’s what I do.

And if we’re having trouble getting Pennsylvania on board, just wait until I absolutely wipe the floor with Joe Biden in the vice presidential debates. Don’t think for a second that I don’t know you’re terrified of us facing off, because in the back of your mind you know it could be a bloodbath up there.

Well, that’s 77 electoral votes, and by my math that means you can kiss your golden boy goodbye after four short years. All that promise. All that energy. All that potential. Gone in one November night.

I’m your worst fucking nightmare.

Oh, and by the way, don’t even try to pretend you haven’t imagined me being elected president one day.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/admit-it-i-scare-the-everloving-shit-out-of-you-do,29160/?ref=auto

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Admit It, I Scare The Ever-Loving **** Out Of You, Don't I?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 06:05:34 PM »
Pretty Funny

Even funnier is how Ryan is running as fast as he can away from Ayn Rand when he had been a devoted follower for so many years and as recently as April of this year

Apparently he suddenly just found out she was an atheist and also suddenly realized the "virtue" of selfishness and greed is kind of hard to sell to the public

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 06:07:51 PM »
Pretty Funny

Even funnier is how Ryan is running as fast as he can away from Ayn Rand when he had been a devoted follower for so many years and as recently as April of this year

Apparently he suddenly just found out she was an atheist and also suddenly realized the "virtue" of selfishness and greed is kind of hard to sell to the public

Haha, example #1 of a person who is so scared she probably pissed her pants when Ryan was announced.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 06:11:38 PM »
I wrote this on another site I post at

-----------

I was thinking something was vert strange how the Medicare attack on Obama and the Ryan pick came to work this week so flawlessly.
Romney pulled off a master stroke of pure evil and genius vs obama and the demos and he laid a devastating trap they walked right into.

Think about it.

1. Romney was sagging a bit and the base needed a jolt.

2. Romney has the RomneyCare issue that needs to be diffused. Up until now the issue has been centered around the mandates.

3. Romney needed to pick someone to also go after Obama on the catholic issue and there are tons of catholics in the midwest.

4. Romney needed to change the debate in a way that makes obama look like he was the one hiding something, not himself w the taxes.

5. Romney needs to shore up seniors in FL, but picking Rubio was not it since Rubio has skeletons and would be pandering choice.

So Romney picks Ryan seemingly out of nowhere and the left goes into their typical freak out mode over the Ryan budget. Romney had to know that would be the result and had to know that the dems themselves would not be expecting a counter attack.

So Ryan gets picked and there is excitement from the base, but its far worse for Obama and here is why -

1. Obama is exposed for lying about ObamaCare and exposed for robbing Medicare.

2. Obama gets exposed for being a gutless wonder and having no plan on the debt or deficit.

3. Obama can no longer attack Romney on RomneyCare since mittens will say Obama robbed medicare and attacked the church, which diverts away from romneycare.

4. Obama and the left get exposed again for their gutter tacticts at a time when they have nothing to run on.

Game Set Match - perfectly laid trap that Obama and the left walked right in to.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 06:38:38 PM »
Haha, example #1 of a person who is so scared she probably pissed her pants when Ryan was announced.

Ryan was Dems # 1 Choice for Repub VP

thought you would figured that out by now

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 06:43:09 PM »

LOL.   2010 remember?   Repeat coming.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 06:54:10 PM »
Skip to comments.

Ryan's Solutions Vs. Biden's Gaffes
IBD Editorials ^ | August 15, 2012 | Editor
Posted on August 15, 2012 9:32:00 PM EDT by Kaslin

Ineptitude: It seems absurd today, but Joe Biden was named running mate to add substance and intellectual heft to the Obama ticket. The vice president of comic relief ended up being a four-year-long insult to Americans.

The comparison between President Obama's choice of Joe Biden for vice president and Mitt Romney's decision of Paul Ryan couldn't be more stark.

Ryan, at just 42, has risen to become the intellectual policy leader of the Republican Party — no mean feat considering this is a party whose economic ideas powered America into the 1980s' boom and planted the seeds for the 1990s' technological revolution.

At great political risk for a GOP congressman in a traditionally Democratic district, Ryan chose to work hard on solutions to grave fiscal problems that, left unaddressed, will cripple America. Name another politician in either party in the last half-century who has done this.

Biden, on the other hand, is class clown, and has been for decades. This supposed foreign policy wise man in 2007 sought to divide Iraq into three semi-autonomous countries, one for Shiites, one for Sunnis and one for Kurds.

His 1988 run for the presidency — as one of the "Seven Dwarfs," along with eventual nominee Mike Dukakis — disintegrated after he plagiarized a speech by British Labor Party leader Neil Kinnock — a speech that, incredibly, mixed up Kinnock's life story with Biden's.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.investors.com ...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 06:56:51 PM »

Not likely but if that helps you sleep at night, so be it.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 07:33:20 PM »

Any VP that would have been picked would be the "DEMS #1 PICK FOR REPUBLICAN VP!!! DERP DERP!!!"

Jindal, Pawlenty...whoever the fuck is picked is/was going to be the Dems #1 pick! DUH.

Because you keep on saying it doesn't make it so.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 07:40:37 PM »
33, I agree with a lot of your points - BUT - Ryan aint helping in florida. where's that poll from a few days back about medicare/age and ryan plan?

he'll do wonders elsewhere, no FL.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 07:47:43 PM »
33, I agree with a lot of your points - BUT - Ryan aint helping in florida. where's that poll from a few days back about medicare/age and ryan plan?

Just wait - I'm hearing that massive ad buys on the way in FL attacking Obama on Medicare.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 07:47:56 PM »

when the truth starts to filter through about the propaganda obama is spreading deemed the "lie of the year" by politifact the seniors will start to come around.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 07:38:09 AM »
Any VP that would have been picked would be the "DEMS #1 PICK FOR REPUBLICAN VP!!! DERP DERP!!!"
Jindal, Pawlenty...whoever the fuck is picked is/was going to be the Dems #1 pick! DUH.

Because you keep on saying it doesn't make it so.

nope, just this guy

he's a one(two) trick pony and that's giving tax cuts to billionares and killing medicare

he was THE GUY dems were hoping Romney would pick

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 07:45:05 AM »
nope, just this guy

he's a one(two) trick pony and that's giving tax cuts to billionares and killing medicare

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/wi/wisconsin_romney_vs_obama-1871.html

LOL!!!!!!

Landslide coming you prick. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 07:53:48 AM »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/wi/wisconsin_romney_vs_obama-1871.html

LOL!!!!!!

did you actually look at the link?

The only poll Romney is winning is Rassmussent with a +1

is that your new definition of a landslide?

Wisconsin: Romney vs. Obama
Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Obama (D) Romney (R) Spread
RCP Average 7/17 - 8/15 -- 49.3 45.0 Obama +4.3
Rasmussen Reports 8/15 - 8/15 500 LV 47 48 Romney +1
Marquette University 8/2 - 8/5 1188 LV 50 45 Obama +5
CBS/NYT/Quinnipiac 7/31 - 8/6 1428 LV 51 45 Obama +6
WeAskAmerica 7/17 - 7/18 1162 LV 49 42 Obama +7

See All Wisconsin: Romney vs. Obama Polling Data

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 07:55:23 AM »

LOL!!!!!!

landslide - for who?  ;)

As straw indicated, obama winning 5 of 6 polls, and by healthy margins. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 07:58:16 AM »
did you actually look at the link?

The only poll Romney is winning is Rassmussent with a +1

is that your new definition of a landslide?

Wisconsin: Romney vs. Obama
Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Obama (D) Romney (R) Spread
RCP Average 7/17 - 8/15 -- 49.3 45.0 Obama +4.3
Rasmussen Reports 8/15 - 8/15 500 LV 47 48 Romney +1
Marquette University 8/2 - 8/5 1188 LV 50 45 Obama +5
CBS/NYT/Quinnipiac 7/31 - 8/6 1428 LV 51 45 Obama +6
WeAskAmerica 7/17 - 7/18 1162 LV 49 42 Obama +7

See All Wisconsin: Romney vs. Obama Polling Data

:D :D :D :D 333386 is tooooo much

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 07:58:38 AM »
landslide - for who?  ;)

I think this is just more of 333's unique habit of looking at something and "seeing" whatever he wants

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 08:01:02 AM »
 :)

Crap polls taken before ryan pick.

landslide - for who?  ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 08:03:29 AM »
:)

Crap polls taken before ryan pick.

they why did you post them and predict a landslide?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 08:06:02 AM »
nope, just this guy

Truth

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 08:14:20 AM »
nope, just this guy

And Romney was the guy the Dems were hoping would be Obama's opponent. Yet, for all of the spending and smearing on the part of the liberals, it's a basically a tie. But, Obama's running low on cash; the enthusiasm edge is with the GOP; and now, we see the youth vote, dwindling from Obama (according to Zogby).

That's not a position an incumbent should find himself, if he wants to get re-elected.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 08:25:23 AM »
And Romney was the guy the Dems were hoping would be Obama's opponent. Yet, for all of the spending and smearing on the part of the liberals, it's a basically a tie. But, Obama's running low on cash; the enthusiasm edge is with the GOP; and now, we see the youth vote, dwindling from Obama (according to Zogby).

That's not a position an incumbent should find himself, if he wants to get re-elected.

Not.  Actually, I and others have said that Romney had the best chance of beating Obama out of that clusterfuck the GOP ran for candidates in the primary.  Personally if the Dems had to pick someone to be Obama's opponent they would have chosen Bachmann, Cain, Perry or Frothy.  Because those four would have been laughed out of the electoral college by American voters.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 08:26:59 AM »
they why did you post them and predict a landslide?

Because he is a hypocritical sociopath who has to have something to cling besides his gay Obama fantasies. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 08:31:04 AM »
:D :D :D :D 333386 is tooooo much

ddduuhhhhh - those polls were before the Ryan pick you moron.