Author Topic: Republican Senate Nominee: Victims Of ‘Legitimate Rape’ Don’t Get Pregnant  (Read 7285 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
So abortion is a right? Please show the constitutional passage.....
There is a difference between something being a right and some thing that is "legal". A woman could choose to not have sex, a woman could choose to use protection ( so could the man). The debate gets much deeper after that, if you think that conception=life, then an abortion is taking life for convenience. If you don't well then it has no moral implications for you. That is the real debate, when does the fetus get personhood? Now if you murder a pregnant women you can be charged with 2 murders.

Exactly!!

Where is the line drawn between "choice" and infanticide?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
the issue here...

Akin is controlling funding for women and what happens to their bodies.

Akin is insanely ignorant on this topic - to the point of being harmful.  He actually believed resistance = no preggos.  That's 7th grade health class stuff.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
the issue here...

Akin is insanely ignorant on this topic - to the point of being harmful.  He actually believed resistance = no preggos.  That's 7th grade health class stuff.

And the reason we should vote for McCaskill, instead of him,  is because..........

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
the issue here...

Wait, I thought no government funds went to abortions.... Do they or don't they?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Wait, I thought no government funds went to abortions.... Do they or don't they?

I thought they did?  Look, we are giving billion dollar subsidies to oil companies - I'm okay with a ten year old girl = in poverty - raped by her father - having her abortion paid for by the state. 

this man is fcking ignorant, he's voting on something he clearly doesn't understand - and he's a crusader for this cause.  An illiterate librarian.

Kazan

• Getbig V
I thought they did?  Look, we are giving billion dollar subsidies to oil companies - I'm okay with a ten year old girl = in poverty - raped by her father - having her abortion paid for by the state. 

this man is fcking ignorant, he's voting on something he clearly doesn't understand - and he's a crusader for this cause.  An illiterate librarian.

What the fuck does giving oil companies subsides have to do with abortion?

No what he is, is a dumbass who potentially get into a position of power and thinks he knows what best for everyone. Very dangerous, unfortunately that describes most politicians.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
What the fuck does giving oil companies subsides have to do with abortion?

No what he is, is a dumbass who potentially get into a position of power and thinks he knows what best for everyone. Very dangerous, unfortunately that describes most politicians.

true - but his is a poison beyond most of what we see in eveyday wash DC.  The parties are united in condemning him.  Rape is a touchy issue and he just spewed something so ignorant that mouths dropped in disbelief.  He's been writing rape law for years - and he really thought preggo from rape was impossible.  It's insane, it really it. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
true - but his is a poison beyond most of what we see in eveyday wash DC.  The parties are united in condemning him.  Rape is a touchy issue and he just spewed something so ignorant that mouths dropped in disbelief.  He's been writing rape law for years - and he really thought preggo from rape was impossible.  It's insane, it really it. 

Politicians have become the worst of us, when they should be the best of us. And we wonder why American is in decline
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

The ignorance here falls on you. Notwithstanding Akin's goof, the point made is that leftist love hiding behind the rape/incest/life-of-mother-in-danger thing (which accounts for maybe 5% of abortions, at best) to justify abortions for any reason.

If we only had abortions for scenarios, known as "hard cases", most so-called abortion clinics would be out of business (Planned Parenthood would likely be bankrupt).

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Why is it called Akin's "goof"?

Are you saying that is not his actual honest viewpoint?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
The ignorance here falls on you. Notwithstanding Akin's goof, the point made is that leftist love hiding behind the rape/incest/life-of-mother-in-danger thing (which accounts for maybe 5% of abortions, at best) to justify abortions for any reason.
If we only had abortions for scenarios, known as "hard cases", most so-called abortion clinics would be out of business (Planned Parenthood would likely be bankrupt).

newflash - NO WOMAN has to justify their choice to have an abortion to you or anyone else regardless of the reason

This so called flub (which is was not) reveals what this guy and many others (probably you) believe

If anything, Repubs have been using statements like Akins made to justify getting rid of abortion in ALL CASES

He was trying to say that you can't actually get pregnant by rape therefore we don't need an exception for rape

Akins is probably shocked that his own party is throwing him under the bus when many of them actually agree with exactly what he said

I have to admit I always get a laugh when fundies throw out an absurd and false statement  THAT THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE IS TRUE only to have it pointed out to them how fucking stupid they are

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
newflash - NO WOMAN has to justify their choice to have an abortion to you or anyone else regardless of the reason

This so called flub (which is was not) reveals what this guy and many others (probably you) believe

If anything, Repubs have been using statements like Akins made to justify getting rid of abortion in ALL CASES

He was trying to say that you can't actually get pregnant by rape therefore we don't need an exception for rape

Akins is probably shocked that his own party is throwing him under the bus when many of them actually agree with exactly what he said

I have to admit I always get a laugh when fundies throw out an absurd and false statement  THAT THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE IS TRUE only to have it pointed out to them how fucking stupid they are

I am still puzzled why this is trying to be written off as a goof. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Akins is probably shocked that his own party is throwing him under the bus when many of them actually agree with exactl what he said

How ironic. A lot of us get a laugh, when such is pointed about, regarding YOU.

As for justifying abortion, many of them are done because men, who supposedly should stay out of the issue, coerced their girlfriends/wives to get them. And, as stated elsewhere, crackpots like you don't seem to have a problem with men, weighing in on a "woman's issue", as long as the end result is hacking up unborn children.

And, guess who opposed abortion only in cases of rape/incest/life-of-mother-in-danger....left-winged Democrats and other folks like YOU.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I am still puzzled why this is trying to be written off as a goof. 

It was no goof

Repubs are just trying to spin it that way so we'll all forget the crazy shit they actually believe to be true

like I've said, I'm sure Akin is truly shocked that his friend are abandoning him since many of them no doubt also believe exactly what he said

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
How ironic. A lot of us get a laugh, when such is pointed about, regarding YOU.

As for justifying abortion, many of them are done because men, who supposedly should stay out of the issue, coerced their girlfriends/wives to get them. And, as stated elsewhere, crackpots like you don't seem to have a problem with men, weighing in on a "woman's issue", as long as the end result is hacking up unborn children.

And, guess who opposed abortion only in cases of rape/incest/life-of-mother-in-danger....left-winged Democrats and other folks like YOU.

just in case you missed it - I've said MANY times that the WOMAN has the sole choice in whether to have a child, thereby making both parties parents (and making both parties financially responsible for that child) or whether to have an abortion

any questions on where I stand on the issue?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
The last time this bat shit crazy dude put his "goof" idea up for vote it got 232 votes in the GOP house.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
So far, only one poll has been taken, since this statement. It has Akin up by one over McCaskill....exactly where he was in another poll before this happened.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
So far, only one poll has been taken, since this statement. It has Akin up by one over McCaskill....exactly where he was in another poll before this happened.

as we know from other major gaffes or positive things, it takes up to a week for the effect to sink in.

Do you think he'll be up by one point in 7 days?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

All the more reason for Repubs to rally behind Akin

come on McWay - I'm sure you're in 100% agreement with what he said so show some balls and step up

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
All the more reason for Repubs to rally behind Akin

come on McWay - I'm sure you're in 100% agreement with what he said so show some balls and step up

Then, to the shock of almost no one, you'd be miserably and woefully WRONG, as usual.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Then, to the shock of almost no one, you'd be miserably and woefully WRONG, as usual.

So you think that something that Repubs call a "legitimate rape" can actually lead to pregnacy ?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
So you think that something that Repubs call a "legitimate rape" can actually lead to pregnacy ?

Unfortunately, rape of any kind can lead to pregnancy. The only qualifier of "legitimate" that I can decipher from this mess is that Akin may have been referring to statutory rape vs. rape where there's no consent at all.

Regardless of Akin's statement, it certainly doesn't mean that McCaskill should get another term in the Senate.

If the GOP doesn't have someone to replace Akin that can beat her, they need to quit pressuring him to quit. What good is it to replace Akin, if his replacement gets beat?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Funny how the leftists want to hold Akin to a different standard than they do the VP.

Kazan

• Getbig V
Funny how the leftists want to hold Akin to a different standard than they do the VP.

Well that's because you don't understand. Leftist can't be racist, sexist, <insert>ist, so anything they say is taken out of context.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
According to the Washington Post, as of 1:26 pm, Akin has told Huckabee that he is STAYING in the race.

So what does Rove and crew do now? Are they going to abandon him and surrender that seat to McCaskill? And, how do we know that the Missouri voters want him out?