Author Topic: Republican Senate Nominee: Victims Of ‘Legitimate Rape’ Don’t Get Pregnant  (Read 7283 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
According to the Washington Post, as of 1:26 pm, Akin has told Huckabee that he is STAYING in the race.

So what does Rove and crew do now? Are they going to abandon him and surrender that seat to McCaskill? And, how do we know that the Missouri voters want him out?

He should drop out since he is a major distraction. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
He should drop out since he is a major distraction. 

Well, he's not. I just heard that confirmed on Fox News Radio.

Again, how do we know Missouri voters (the only ones that count) want him gone?

And, who would replace him, that can beat McCaskill, anyway?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Unfortunately, rape of any kind can lead to pregnancy. The only qualifier of "legitimate" that I can decipher from this mess is that Akin may have been referring to statutory rape vs. rape where there's no consent at all.Regardless of Akin's statement, it certainly doesn't mean that McCaskill should get another term in the Senate.

If the GOP doesn't have someone to replace Akin that can beat her, they need to quit pressuring him to quit. What good is it to replace Akin, if his replacement gets beat?

rape is rape

only weirdo fundies try to parse that term and apparently do so to defend their belief that something called a "legitimate rape" cannot result in a pregnancy .....therefore no need to make an exception in their beliefs on abortion in cases of rape

Your party just voted this morning to include this  in the party platform

I'll let Obama explain it to you

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
rape is rape

only weirdo fundies try to parse that term and apparently do so to defend their belief that something called a "legitimate rape" cannot result in a pregnancy .....therefore no need to make an exception in their beliefs on abortion in cases of rape

Your party just voted this morning to include this  in the party platform

LOL.   Now Obama is the authority on criminal law?   

Funny how this scam artist only held a brief press conference yesterday to pimp this issue and avoid discussing his record of failure, decay,collapse, corruption, etc.     

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
rape is rape

Your party just voted this morning to include this  in the party platform

I don't need the object of your kneepadding to explain JACK.

You asked me what I thought Akin meant by his statement. I gave my answer. Rape is defined as sexual intercourse where the victim DOES NOT or CANNOT consent, the latter scenario (as it relates to age) known statutory rape, genius.

There are state laws that make this distinction. Ask NFL Hall-of-Famer, Lawrence Taylor, about that one. Did "weirdo fundies" make those, too? Or is this more of your utter cluelessness, on display?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I don't need the object of your kneepadding to explain JACK.

You asked me what I thought Akin meant by his statement. I gave my answer. Rape is defined as sexual intercourse where in which the victim DOES NOT or CANNOT consent, the latter scenario (as it relates to age) known statutory rape, genius.

There are state laws that make this distinction. Or did you, in your utter cluelessness, forget that. Ask NFL Hall-of-Famer, Lawrence Taylor, about that one.

so you think when Akin said "legitimate rape" he was making a distinction between not giving consent and not be of age to give consent ?

is that what you're going with?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
so you think when Akin said "legitimate rape" he was making a distinction between not giving consent and not be of age to give consent ?

He was probably referring to a violent rape  vs a situation where a woman has sex regrets it later on and then claims rape.  There are tons of false rape claims. 

Don't know what he was saying but either way he should go. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Legitimate rape sounds an awful lot like legitimate theft.  Something only retards and illogical thinking people would believe.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Perhaps. Why don't you ask him or do a further inquiry yourself? Or have you already made your mind of what he supposedly meant?

In any event, none of what he said makes a dime's bit of difference, regarding whether he vs. McCaskill should be in the Senate.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
He was probably referring to a violent rape  vs a situation where a woman has sex regrets it later on and then claims rape.  There are tons of false rape claims. 

Whether he was or was not, doesn't take into account that "legitimate or illegitimate" rape is still sex and you can get impregnated by either one.

There is nothing that stops a sperm from fertilizing an egg based on whether the sex was consensual or not.

It just sounds stupid.

I mean, you harp on "You didn't build that", but this may be the dumbest thing I've heard this election cycle by ANYONE.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Perhaps. Why don't you ask him or do a further inquiry yourself? Or have you already made your mind of what he supposedly meant?

In any event, none of what he said makes a dime's bit of difference, regarding whether he vs. McCaskill should be in the Senate.

I asked if this is YOUR opinion of what he said

so again

1.  Rape where the woman is of age to give consent and does not
2.  Rape where the woman is not of age to given consent

which one of those is a legitimate rape (you're the one that speculated a distinction) or are they both legitimate rape

BTW - speaking of distinction.   Does your party platform make a distinction or are they (YOU) against abortion in either case ?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

If you don't have anyone to replace him that can beat McCaskill (that the GOP voters in Missouri will actually support), he might as well stay.

Unless I missed it, I've yet to hear any cries from Missouri GOP voters that Akin needs to go.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Rape Update: (types of rape)

1. Rape
2. Legitimate Rape
3. Forcible Rape
4. False Rape
5. (stay tuned)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
If you don't have anyone to replace him that can beat McCaskill (that the GOP voters in Missouri will actually support), he might as well stay.

Unless I missed it, I've yet to hear any cries from Missouri GOP voters that Akin needs to go.

She was losing to Steelman and the other guy in polling.  They should get this fucker out of there and run Sarah steelman who can and would win.  Fat Ass Claire is wildly unpopular due to her vote for ThugCare. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I asked if this is YOUR opinion of what he said

so again

1.  Rape where the woman is of age to give consent and does not
2.  Rape where the woman is not of age to given consent

which one of those is a legitimate rape (you're the one that speculated a distinction) or are they both legitimate rape

BTW - speaking of distinction.   Does your party platform make a distinction or are they (YOU) against abortion in either case ?

I didn't speculate a distinction. There is a distinction, within our laws. Do perps of statutory rape get the same sentence as those who commit violent rape acts? NOPE!

Try as you might to convince me, I'm having a hard time believing you're as dopey as you sound.

As for abortion in the case of rape/incest/life-of-the-mother-in-danger, I'm of mixed feelings on the matter. On the one hand, I don't wish a woman to be burdened with raising child for something that wasn't her fault. On the other, I don't want to see an innocent unborn baby die, either.

The best answer I can give is case-by-case basis. Of course, since 95% of abortions (at least) DO NOT occur under those conditions, behind which people like you hide to condone abortion for any reason, I have no problem with tougher abortion laws.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
She was losing to Steelman and the other guy in polling.  They should get this fucker out of there and run Sarah steelman who can and would win.  Fat Ass Claire is wildly unpopular due to her vote for ThugCare. 

other urging him to step aside and making vague public threats how exactly can they get him out?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Rape Update: (types of rape)

1. Rape
2. Legitimate Rape
3. Forcible Rape
4. False Rape
5. (stay tuned)

So, there are no state laws (i.e. Florida) that define things like statutory rape?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
other urging him to step aside and making vague public threats how exactly can they get him out?

Probably hand him a bag of money or something.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I didn't speculate a distinction. There is a distinction, within our laws. Do perps of statutory rape get the same sentence as those who commit violent rape acts? NOPE!

Try as you might to convince me, I'm having a hard time believing you're as dopey as you sound.

As for abortion in the case of rape/incest/life-of-the-mother-in-danger, I'm of mixed feelings on the matter. On the one hand, I don't wish a woman to be burdened with raising child for something that wasn't her fault. On the other, I don't want to see an innocent unborn baby die, either.

The best answer I can give is case-by-case basis. Of course, since 95% of abortions (at least) DO NOT occur under those conditions, behind which people like you hide to condone abortion for any reason, I have no problem with tougher abortion laws.

of course you did

Unfortunately, rape of any kind can lead to pregnancy. The only qualifier of "legitimate" that I can decipher from this mess is that Akin may have been referring to statutory rape vs. rape where there's no consent at all.

Regardless of Akin's statement, it certainly doesn't mean that McCaskill should get another term in the Senate.

If the GOP doesn't have someone to replace Akin that can beat her, they need to quit pressuring him to quit. What good is it to replace Akin, if his replacement gets beat?

I understand that you seem conflicted on abortion due to case of rape and think it should be looked at on a "case by case" basis

1.  Can you given an example of a case of rape where you would decide that the woman should not be allowed to abort the spawn of her rapist

2. Does your party platform make any distinction whatsoever ?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Akin's statement isn't suddenly going to make McCaskill a hit with Missouri voters. And, since Akin has announced he's not going, unless the voters want him gone, you might as well stick with him.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Akin's statement isn't suddenly going to make McCaskill a hit with Missouri voters. And, since Akin has announced he's not going, unless the voters want him gone, you might as well stick with him.

Iheard him on hannity.   He is delusional. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
of course you did

No, I didn't. There is no speculation as to whether there are different categories of rape. That is FACT; that is law. Statutory rape is a distinct category and the sentence for such is lighter than for other forms of rape.

I understand that you seem conflicted on abortion due to case of rape and think it should be looked at on a "case by case" basis

1.  Can you given an example of a case of rape where you would decide that the woman should not be allowed to abort the spawn of her rapist

[/quote]

1. If I had to make the call, it would be after physical, psychological, and social evaluations of the situation. To err on the side of life, I'd say that unless her life is at stake, keep the baby alive.

2. The GOP party platform, on the surface, seems to make no distinction.

I don't have a problem with that, if they are erring on the side of life. Or, at the very least, using abortion as an absolute last resort, as opposed to YOUR party's platform that wants the so-called right to kill unborn babies no matter what.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
No, I didn't. There is no speculation as to whether there are different categories of rape. That is FACT; that is law. Statutory rape is a distinct category and the sentence for such is lighter than for other forms of rape.

1. If I had to make the call, it would be after physical, psychological, and social evaluations of the situation. To err on the side of life, I'd say that unless her life is at stake, keep the baby alive.
2. The GOP party platform, on the surface, seems to make no distinction.

I don't have a problem with that, if they are erring on the side of life. Or, at the very least, using abortion as an absolute last resort, as opposed to YOUR party's platform that wants the so-called right to kill unborn babies no matter what.

I don't know what you mean by this statement

Can you put together a hypothetical example with specific details as to when you or the law would decide that in this particular case of rape the woman shoulld not be allowed to have an abortion

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Iheard him on hannity.   He is delusional. 

He's going to be on Hannity's radio show again, in about 5 minutes (I think).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

He's going to be on Hannity's radio show again, in about 5 minutes (I think).

He is a loon.  Wait till you hear the nonsense from this freak show.