Author Topic: Adelaide Powerlifter, please critique my first cycle  (Read 1417 times)

mrnate

• Getbig I
Adelaide Powerlifter, please critique my first cycle
« on: August 23, 2012, 02:45:20 AM »
I'm 27/M, 103kg ~18% BF looking to start my first cycle this November. Cycle is as follows:

Weeks 1-10: 500mg Testosterone Enanthate per week (2 injections of 250mg)
Weeks 1-4: 30mg of Dbol per day (split in two doses, one pre workout, one 12 hours later)
Weeks 1-12: .5mg of Arimidex Every other Day (EOD)
Weeks 4-12: 500iu's of HCG per week (2 injections of 250iu's, same days as test, but not in the same syringe)
PCT starts week 12, two weeks after last test shot
Week 1&2: 40mg Novladex per day
Week 3&4: 20mg Novladex per day

I'm recovering from bursitis, but here are my PRs:

Current PRs:
Squat: 85kg x 8
Deadlift: 95kg x 7
Bench: 75kg x 8 (untested since April)
OHP: 50kg x 8 (untested since April)

Diet:

On Cycle:
4,500 cals per day (~260-300g Protein) 75/25 Carb/Fat split for the balance of calories.

During PCT:
4,000 cals (same protein as above)

Program:

5/3/1 + Dave Tates Periodization Bible

Please critique.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: Adelaide Powerlifter, please critique my first cycle
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 01:29:59 PM »
Extend the cycle to 16 weeks. Drop the Adex. Not really any need for the HCG IMO.

Test/Tren/Drol are a powerlifter's best friend.

I competed in power lifting for many years and set a few state records, feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

8)

mrnate

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 06:52:42 PM »
Extend the cycle to 16 weeks. Drop the Adex. Not really any need for the HCG IMO.

Test/Tren/Drol are a powerlifter's best friend.

I competed in power lifting for many years and set a few state records, feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

8)

Good to hear back from a powerlifter. Most advice I get is from bodybuilders.

I put Adex in to prevent gyno and hcg to get my natural test back sooner. Do you recommend having Adex on hand just in case or is 500mg of test e not enough to worry about sides?

What do you think of my program choice? Is 5/3/1 a good program to do on gear?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 09:10:37 AM »
Good to hear back from a powerlifter. Most advice I get is from bodybuilders.

I put Adex in to prevent gyno and hcg to get my natural test back sooner. Do you recommend having Adex on hand just in case or is 500mg of test e not enough to worry about sides?

What do you think of my program choice? Is 5/3/1 a good program to do on gear?

No problem, i've done a bit of everything.

I would keep Adex on hand but i seriously doubt you will need it from that small amount of gear. Some people are more prone to gyno than others, but i've never needed it and the few times i felt my nips getting sore i used 10mg Nolva ED for a few weeks.

You can use HCG in your PCT plan if you really want to, but it's not really a big game changer unless you have been on for a very long time.

5/3/1 is a great program, just remember to warm up well and take injuries seriously, don't train through the pain. I have been through a lot of injuries over the years and the one thing i wish i would have done was backed off and let them rest.

Two of the best places to get advice:
http://www.elitefts.net
http://www.westside-barbell.com

All programs can work if you put 100% effort into them, and 5/3/1 is a very good one.

Good luck!

8)