Author Topic: Dwayne Johnson High Rep Squatting  (Read 19830 times)

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
Re: Dwayne Johnson High Rep Squatting
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2012, 11:14:18 AM »
Actually with shot knees and a $20million a film movie career, there's no reason for him to be squatting at all. But then again, Mr. Johnson loves hanging out with the boys.

he is in a up coming body building movie with marky mark. these pics could be from training for that movie.

it's about 2 bodybuilders in fla who get caught up in kidnapping and stuff, based on a true story.
sept 10th APF

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 11:20:29 AM »
He could drop his elbows to help maintain an erect torso (no homo), but otherwise ... good for him. 315 for 20 is no small potatoes. And he's going lower than most of the pros, so ...

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 07:37:55 PM »
Dude is huge!

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 07:48:07 PM »
Damn!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 08:55:22 PM »
Actually with shot knees and a $20million a film movie career, there's no reason for him to be squatting at all. But then again, Mr. Johnson loves hanging out with the boys.

Plus, he's still wrestling part-time.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2012, 02:12:11 AM »
there is no scientific proof that belts and knee wraps protect from injury...

numerous studies have proven that belts actually increase the risk of injury

Haha, please show me those studies? U think think any phd doctor in the university would do a scientific research if the belt increase injuries or not in gymactivities?

Or you mean your own friends studies maybe...

Pericles

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2012, 05:45:48 AM »
Most strength coaches will have their athletes use belts of top sets. Teaches athletes to breathe through the diaphram a LOT better.

MikMaq

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2012, 05:53:08 AM »

Yes it`s also well studied that this is because of superman syndrome, you have increased strength with reduced feedback. So you push and push until you break. I use a wrist wrap and belts all the time outside of the gym, however it won`t make you stronger, it just makes it easier for you to maintain proper technique.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2012, 06:12:37 AM »
Fuck studies, sometimes you have to use some commonsense. In my case I've been using wraps since I started squatting over 35 years ago with no more than a meniscus tear when I was 41. Belt's are not for lower back support but rather transverse abdominus. Where have these injuries occurred with the use of belts? 

Joe,

Since you mentioned that you used knee wraps for leg press I actually tired them (and I dont use weights that I used to, and try to keep reps higher) and have to say that my knees actually felt better.  Leg presses today SUCK BALLS with how they are angling the foot pads.  Generally speaking, how tight do you wrap your knees when doing this?

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2012, 06:40:20 AM »
Joe,

Since you mentioned that you used knee wraps for leg press I actually tired them (and I dont use weights that I used to, and try to keep reps higher) and have to say that my knees actually felt better.  Leg presses today SUCK BALLS with how they are angling the foot pads.  Generally speaking, how tight do you wrap your knees when doing this?

I actually find the leg press to be harder on my knees than squats.  When you think about it you generally have to use twice the weight on leg press to get the same benefit.  So as where you might be using 300 on the squat, now you are using 600 on the leg press.  Sure it is easier on your back and feels more comfortable but now you have 600  on your knees instead of 300.  Also the force is now being applied to your knees from a reverse direction, the bottom instead of the top, which some might argue was never meant to be.  Good idea to wrap if going heavy on leg press.

FKNFKER

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »
Do you guys think you can get to his size naturally ? i'd love to be that huge one day

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2012, 09:45:14 AM »
Do you guys think you can get to his size naturally ? i'd love to be that huge one day

yes..just make sure you stack creatine, protein powders, BCAA and EFA
getbig or getgot

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2012, 11:28:14 AM »
yes..just make sure you stack creatine, protein powders, BCAA and EFA
Don't forget to add the test boosters 1 every hour.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2012, 11:39:35 AM »

lol
Trans Milkshake.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2012, 05:23:51 PM »
Haha, please show me those studies? U think think any phd doctor in the university would do a scientific research if the belt increase injuries or not in gymactivities?

Or you mean your own friends studies maybe...

Or maybe you should follow a few courses or read a few books from Stuart McGill (Ultimate Back fitness & Performance, Chapter 6, The Question of Back Belts, page 174-186 or Low Back Disorders, Chapter 10, The Question of Back Belts, page 193-201) who did lots of research on the lower back and is the leading researcher in the field of lower back pain.
Look him up on youtube as well

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2012, 05:37:04 PM »
Or maybe you should follow a few courses or read a few books from Stuart McGill (Ultimate Back fitness & Performance, Chapter 6, The Question of Back Belts, page 174-186 or Low Back Disorders, Chapter 10, The Question of Back Belts, page 193-201) who did lots of research on the lower back and is the leading researcher in the field of lower back pain.
Look him up on youtube as well

What is his opinion?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2012, 05:46:48 PM »
WOOO nails it

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2012, 05:50:58 PM »

That is because you never squatted heavy! The belst does prevent injuries, until some point though...
S

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2012, 06:19:35 PM »