Author Topic: Serious thread for advice on training and diet after surgery  (Read 19124 times)

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Re: thread for advice, believe it or not , I'm serious
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »
I`d love to see TA dig up some info on the gaylord uberman.

Give me his name, and forgetta bout it.  Seriously, what's his name, and i'll get you whatever you want.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2012, 07:35:27 PM »
Give me his name, and forgetta bout it.  Seriously, what's his name, and i'll get you whatever you want.
Most people know him as asshole!

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2012, 07:38:09 PM »
Most people know him as asshole!

There's well over 1 million people in the US that go by asshole, you're not helping.   ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2012, 07:39:10 PM »
I would welcome any suggestions or unique ideas to help my training and diet.
Not sure how this thread will fly  on here, but what the hell?

Clearly this tread is flying all over the place. Anyway, realistic goals are a positive thing which everyone should have. Without goals, one is usually going nowhere. Good luck with all you want to do in life. Obviously, you are persistent considering after three marriages, you are ready to try this again.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »
There's well over 1 million people in the US that go by asshole, you're not helping.   ;D
HAHA   ;D  There's alot worldwide. 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2012, 12:01:40 AM »
Hi Howard. When you hit the fifties you start worrying about old age. The so-called mid-life crisis is actually about fearing old age. One way to avoid feeling old is to look buff and fit. In addition

those contemplating marriage want to look good in the wedding photos so do something about excess weight, etc.

250 pounds isn't that big but if you used to compete at 195 you probably should keep your weight about 210 and no more than 220. You can then easily reduce 20 pounds to compete.

The problem about competing at your age is that things have changed a lot in the last 20 years. Competitors win who are usually ripped and that takes a lot to get into such lean condition.

When and if you do get lean you will have lost too much size to make it worthwhile. I recommend that you set yourself a goal and then take some photos to post here on Getbig. That is

sufficient incentive to look good. In the end, titles and trophies mean almost nothing. Having another go doesn't mean much, either. If you need to win a trophy to feel good then you are

never going to feel satisfied. Keep your arms big but don't let the waist get too big and you should be fine.

Beth seems like a nice woman. Good luck to both of you.

Vince

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2012, 02:34:24 AM »
Hi Howard. When you hit the fifties you start worrying about old age. The so-called mid-life crisis is actually about fearing old age. One way to avoid feeling old is to look buff and fit. In addition

those contemplating marriage want to look good in the wedding photos so do something about excess weight, etc.

250 pounds isn't that big but if you used to compete at 195 you probably should keep your weight about 210 and no more than 220. You can then easily reduce 20 pounds to compete.

The problem about competing at your age is that things have changed a lot in the last 20 years. Competitors win who are usually ripped and that takes a lot to get into such lean condition.

When and if you do get lean you will have lost too much size to make it worthwhile. I recommend that you set yourself a goal and then take some photos to post here on Getbig. That is

sufficient incentive to look good. In the end, titles and trophies mean almost nothing. Having another go doesn't mean much, either. If you need to win a trophy to feel good then you are

never going to feel satisfied. Keep your arms big but don't let the waist get too big and you should be fine.

Vince

Worst advice I`ve ever read...............the bodybuilding portion of it anyway.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2012, 04:17:19 AM »
Worst advice I`ve ever read...............the bodybuilding portion of it anyway.
I was thinking about the Vince-giving-'setting-goals'-advice. 'Cause if there's anyone around here who sets clear goals and reaches them, it's Vince.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2012, 04:20:07 AM »

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2012, 04:22:07 AM »
HAHA   ;D  There's alot worldwide.  
What comes out your mouth and what you type is usely what comes out of Assholes to HAHA  ;D  ::)

Rhomboids

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2012, 05:52:32 AM »
I'm now 53 and 90% recovered from achilles tendon surgery On June 1.

My personal life is going quite well , and I'm getting married (again) this fall.
I would welcome any suggestions or unique ideas to help my training and diet.
Not sure how this thread will fly  on here, but what the hell?

Why get married again?  I think i'd never marry again if i ever became single.  Don't you know how that story ends, given your advanced age?

So far as 'the comeback' is concerned...shit, i don't even understand what the question is.  Why not start training again, get back on the diet and see how close you can get to competition shape.  If you'd live in my borough i'd partner up with you in the gym and what not.  Do you have a training partner?  That might put you on the fast track to getting in shape.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2012, 06:10:04 AM »
One way to avoid feeling old is to look buff and fit.

What would you know about this ???

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2012, 06:41:00 AM »

Girl is no stranger to the squat rack. ;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2012, 02:58:53 PM »
Since we have you here Howard.....question..... why do you encourage the mayor of bodybuilding over at MD. Trust me....don't even address that guy...he's scary creepy.

The Mayor is a great guy and if you knew his real background you would agree.
Suffice to say he is dedicated to raising his son with some special needs.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2012, 03:04:24 PM »
I`ve known Howard from the www for ten years....no tension between us,he`s a good guy who used to have an awesome physique and he still loves bodybuilding.

But,for 10 of those 10 years he has posted this same type of thread a zillion times.

Shit or get off the pot Howie you can do it,you used to look fantastic,better than most amateur bodybuilders in your day.

Peace and good luck until the next time you post this same thread again !  :D

LOL, no offense here and I understand why anyone would rip me at this point.
1. I was looking for some insights in staying motivated t follow thru and NOT pack it in this time.
*  think lowering my expectations and just doing the best I can to get on stage with the over 50 masters might just work.
I felt discouraged and set the bar too high in the past . The lower goal is keeping it fun and real.
That's different this time.

2. On another unrelated area, I have been married ad divorced 3 x. I'm optimistic this one might last for life now.
I don't quit or give up on things I believe in...like bodybuilding and marriage.
BOTH can be dysfunctional, but when they work, nothing is better.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2012, 03:05:39 PM »
hes got too much iron in his blood wes, hes acting like a vagina because the answers right in front of him, women have always had a hard time understanding some of the most simplistic things

...and to think I wore my knock me down and fuk me pumps on our last night. ???

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2012, 03:06:43 PM »
World Wide Wrestling?  Did you guys used to wrestle each other back in the day?   :D

No , we didn't wrestle eachother . We did get abused by a large amazon of a shebeast a few times  ;)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2012, 03:08:24 PM »
I heard that Howard was looking to get back in shape and do another bodybuilding competition.
Really? That fat fuk will never diet

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2012, 03:10:08 PM »
The Mayor is a great guy and if you knew his real background you would agree.
Suffice to say he is dedicated to raising his son with some special needs.

Agreed, I have met the Mayor and he is a nice person in real life. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2012, 03:10:52 PM »
No , we didn't wrestle eachother . We did get abused by a large amazon of a shebeast a few times  ;)

No better time on earth.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2012, 03:11:23 PM »

Vince

Good reply and realistic goals to go for.
I'm going to get in shape for some get big pics and do a smaller contest in the over 50 class next summer.
I will suck down under 200 to 199 for the 1st time in many years.
Beth is a real doll.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
Clearly this tread is flying all over the place. Anyway, realistic goals are a positive thing which everyone should have. Without goals, one is usually going nowhere. Good luck with all you want to do in life. Obviously, you are persistent considering after three marriages, you are ready to try this again.
Bingo!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2012, 03:14:53 PM »
Good luck to ya man try to have as much fun with it as you can, I must agree with one of the other guys in saying are you sure you wanna focus on something so time consuming just as your getting married though.

I agree and if it wasn't fun , at this point I wouldn't consider it.
being with Beth has made my life more relaxed and stable.
The wedding will be nice but low key and in the mountains.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2012, 03:58:23 PM »
I won`t let something as silly as meat come between us.

The line you don't want to hear from a dude behind you in the gym shower ;D

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2012, 02:36:15 AM »
Sorry howard. No offence at all bro. But i have never seen even one picture of your past contest. Can you upload one? Thanx!