Author Topic: Serious thread for advice on training and diet after surgery  (Read 19205 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: I was thinking of working out, but why bother?
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2012, 06:12:19 PM »
I told you guys!

::)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2012, 07:58:44 PM »
I told you guys!

It's true...

Howard you need some of that drive and determination that your fellow age-bracket member "Wes" has. Take your vitamins and tren, pull yourself up by your bootstraps, and get out there and win that plastic trophy man. Dozens on GetBig are counting on you to stick with this and be a man of your word posts. Do it, before Wes takes a pass at your gal and impresses her with his 10 pack and offers to take her for an early-bird special steak dinner.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2012, 08:02:29 PM »
I told you guys!

Aren't you doing a sausage smuggling event soon?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

andyshawads

• Getbig II
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2012, 08:34:51 PM »
The duck

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2012, 08:35:53 PM »
Howard, back in the day....1971....I remember going to the Coogee Gym and looking forward to a good workout. I picked up the latest copy of Ironman with Casey Viator on the cover and Sergio Oliva inside. I thought to myself, 'what is the point?' No matter how hard I trained I was never going to get as big as those two giants. So that day I took a walk along the beach at Coogee and drove home without working out.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2012, 08:38:04 PM »
I was  listening to Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber which got me hyped for the ol' gym.
Then reality hit me like a stinky, wet fart  , right in the face :o
Fantasy mindset - I could lean out and be the Jay Cutler of the NPC masters division.
Reality check - I'm a chunky 53 yr old who hasn't competed since the yr before Clinton's re-election.
I have osteo arthritis in my right shoulder and sacrum/sacro ( low back).

My most fit years are now seen clearly  in the rear view mirror. The poontang  I can get is like me, older and smells musky.
On the good side , I can still get around without a walker and don't need to wear Depends. I still have most of the hair on my head, despite more nose and butt hair. I'm getting married again for the 4th time and my finance' still likes to "do it" ( or at least pretends to).
I can stand naked in the gym locker room  now with 1 foot up on the bench and say ;" Back in my day..."

Aaaaa screw it, I'm going to the gym  but I might not lift. I can at least ride the exercise bike for 30 min while I watch some cable news show.
I can mutter and mumble abut how the country is going to hell while I ride. Then I can go sit in the hot tub and do my best to look like the creepy older guy , waiting to hit on some poor female.

Howard, you are suffering from the mild depression that sets in when you realize that there is no point in getting big and strong anymore. Age has a way of doing that to you. So back off on the weights and enjoy life. One heavy workout a week will maintain your muscle mass. Life is too short to worry about things which dont matter in the grand scheme of things.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2012, 02:51:02 AM »
Aren't you doing a sausage smuggling event soon?
I will look like a veritable god at 57 years old...............body under construction as we speak,not farting in a hot tub waiting to grow old dead!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2012, 02:59:26 AM »
I'm sure Howard was funnyish about 8 years ago?

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2012, 03:25:56 AM »
I will look like a veritable god at 57 years old...............body under construction as we speak,not farting in a hot tub waiting to grow old dead!

57 Wes? Come on now bro.  ;D

And Wes isn't waiting to grow old, old is waiting to grow Wes.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2012, 06:13:48 AM »
Lots of self-loathing in this thread.

Take a page from Michael Smiriglio's book. Buy a gun, and shoot your dick off. You don't need it anyway.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2012, 06:29:21 AM »
Lots of self-loathing in this thread.

Take a page from Michael Smiriglio's book. Buy a gun, and shoot your dick off. You don't need it anyway.
Howard does need his dick, he's getting married to Beth soon. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2012, 06:35:54 AM »
Howard, you are suffering from the mild depression that sets in when you realize that there is no point in getting big and strong anymore. Age has a way of doing that to you. So back off on the weights and enjoy life. One heavy workout a week will maintain your muscle mass. Life is too short to worry about things which dont matter in the grand scheme of things.
After 3-4 marriages, being a high school teacher, and seeing the guys you taught come back and be bigger than you'll ever be, I think it's high time he take up another hobby, like fishing, wood-work, painting (Bob Ross Style), drawing, law school, buy a Porsche, fix up an old car, learn to dance salsa or samba with the wife (women get in shape from that)...
Or sit on the couch and watch the Oprah Channel.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2012, 07:06:28 AM »
Must be all that legit kigtropona!! ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Rhomboids

• Getbig III
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2012, 07:31:58 AM »
You're the same loser that posted the thread about wanting advice for getting in shape?  So the people saying this is you M.O. were right.  Look at you, you're pathetic.  At your age and still acting like a 15yr old. 

Get a grip you old coot. 

I was  listening to Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber which got me hyped for the ol' gym.
Fantasy mindset - I could lean out and be the Jay Cutler of the NPC masters division.
Reality check - I'm a chunky 53 yr old who hasn't competed since the yr before Clinton's re-election.

My most fit years are now seen clearly  in the rear view mirror. The poontang  I can get is like me, older and smells musky.
On the good side , I can still get around without a walker and don't need to wear Depends. I still have most of the hair on my head, despite more nose and butt hair. I'm getting married again for the 4th time and my finance' still likes to "do it" ( or at least pretends to).
I can stand naked in the gym locker room  now with 1 foot up on the bench and say ;" Back in my day..."

Aaaaa screw it, I'm going to the gym  but I might not lift. I can at least ride the exercise bike for 30 min while I watch some cable news show.
I can mutter and mumble abut how the country is going to hell while I ride. Then I can go sit in the hot tub and do my best to look like the creepy older guy , waiting to hit on some poor female.

Swollen_Powell

• Getbig II
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2012, 07:39:35 AM »

stop using them big ass words or im just going to take them as disrespect

@howard, you get in shape and 18-25 yr old hoes are in your vision with ya old ass, trust me I know old dudes from the gym that are ripped and pinning bitches down to the bed like brett hart no homo

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2012, 07:57:38 AM »
I'm sure Howard was funnyish about 8 years ago?

Are you saying he should lift more and post a hell of a lot less?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2012, 09:09:07 AM »
You just smile and nod knowingly until you see that little glimmer of hope in his eyes while slowly backing away towards the nearest escape route. But that is only the beginning isn't it? Because it is only at that point after escaping that you log into a site like getbig.com only to see his handle and thereby become forced to ingest a never ending sequence of regurgitated and interminable "butt" and "fart" jokes that seemingly have no connotation nor sliver of gaiety about them.

LOL, you nailed it! ;D  Now that's a smartass , getbig style reply.
Well played sir!

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2012, 09:10:47 AM »
I was  listening to Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber which got me hyped for the ol' gym.

On the good side , I can still get around without a walker and don't need to wear Depends. I still have most of the hair on my head, despite more nose and butt hair. I'm getting married again for the 4th time and my fiance' still likes to "do it" ( or at least pretends to).

With a little test and GH you COULD win the Jay Cutler Classic!!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2012, 09:11:00 AM »
Howard, back in the day....1971....I remember going to the Coogee Gym and looking forward to a good workout. I picked up the latest copy of Ironman with Casey Viator on the cover and Sergio Oliva inside. I thought to myself, 'what is the point?' No matter how hard I trained I was never going to get as big as those two giants. So that day I took a walk along the beach at Coogee and drove home without working out.

I'm just glad I wasn't walking near a beach when that happens to me.
I might just keep walking out into the ocean.... :D

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
The estrogen is strong in this thread.

You might as well buy a teddy bear and curl up in the fetal position, farting yourself to sleep/death.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2012, 12:37:50 PM »
I stopped reading after Lady Gaga......

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2012, 07:13:27 PM »
Jesus, Howard. You have more mindset changes than a menopausal prostitute.  Grow a sack, lift some heavy weights and get that proper eating going. You know how to do this. Do it!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2012, 03:03:31 PM »
The estrogen is strong in this thread.

You might as well buy a teddy bear and curl up in the fetal position, farting yourself to sleep/death.

Good idea!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »
Jesus, Howard. You have more mindset changes than a menopausal prostitute.  Grow a sack, lift some heavy weights and get that proper eating going. You know how to do this. Do it!
You know I'm training to be a cagefighter . Try comming over here and saying THAT and see what happens Napoleon. :o

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
You know I'm training to be a cagefighter . Try comming over here and saying THAT and see what happens Napoleon. :o
See?  What happened to the renewed passion for bodybuilding?  It's like ADDDDDD..  Except I know you're a physics teacher, and you can't get ANYWHERE in physics being scatterbrained- which is why I failed to get anywhere in physics. So I am confused.  PS - was trying to motivate you, you big lug!  Signing off in search of therapy and inner peace..