Author Topic: manic depressive on steroids  (Read 8596 times)

Alison

• Getbig III
  • Boop oop a doop
Re: manic depressive on steroids
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2005, 01:59:11 PM »
Harrison Pope, a professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, was looking for a few good men with severe depression and low levels of testosterone.

In the 1940s, experiments showed that major depression can be relieved by injecting testosterone into men with low levels of that hormone.
The same could be said for most hormone levels...  Ever have a pregnant wife?  How about a teenage daughter or son?   Unbalanced hormones of any kind can lend to drastic mood changes... A HYPO glycemic person?  The low glucose sends hormone levels wacky and that messes with mood...
.....Ally

O

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2005, 11:59:30 AM »
Its not advised because the use of some steroids will exagerate moods.  So if you were an extra happy fellow you might be so darn happy.  Same as if you were a mean SOB you might become a meaner SOB.

A depressed person would most likely become even more depressed.

this is completely untrue.....Gear will not simply "amplify" what kind of person you are.....If you are agressive, maybe that would the only one that would apply.

the mood swings are more often than not caused by the increase in estrogen.  If someone is depressed, test will most likely give them a sense of well being and confidence.  test will make you feel "good" while on.  Not depressed.

watch the estrogen levels, because you will turn into a chick on the rag...(Alison is right about this one)  Couldn't find the car keys one day, sat on the couch and cried for about 20 minutes before figuring out what was going on....funny stuff.

denvmuscle

• Getbig III
  • Ronny Rockel ROCKS!
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2005, 12:57:35 PM »
O is right.  I got "weepy" on night reflecting on my wife's and my house we moved into several months ago.  I was feeling depressed and almost cryin'  and saying "all you wanted was a brand new house and I made us get this old one with all these problems".  My wife was like... Huh????   I didn't want a new house.... I wanted this one we're sitting in!

I would just be careful, do your PCT and go into this aware that mood swings will happen- that way hopefully you can be aware when they are coming on and can keep them in check.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2005, 04:16:24 PM »
the mood swings are more often than not caused by the increase in estrogen.  If someone is depressed, test will most likely give them a sense of well being and confidence.  test will make you feel "good" while on.  Not depressed.

True.

This is why using an AI like Arimidex is key.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2005, 09:56:10 PM »
True.

This is why using an AI like Arimidex is key.

DIV

Damn dude

A B S O L U T E L Y 

correct

I am sort of in a ?estogenic? funk
in most cases  u n l e s s  I take
Arimidex (or like)

Nolvadex does little to help me . . .
1 life 1 liver

O

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2005, 01:00:28 AM »
Damn dude

A B S O L U T E L Y 

correct

I am sort of in a ?estogenic? funk
in most cases  u n l e s s  I take
Arimidex (or like)

Nolvadex does little to help me . . .

Wow, this topic really came back to life.....

Mem....Arimidex is great but remember, just 1mg/day can wipe out ALL the estrogen in your body....I mean ALL.....It really only takes o.5 mg's to completely block all estrogen to the receptors......

While regulating estrogen is a must, completely wiping it out will inhibit gains.....As mentioned before on several topics, estrogen isnt always bad.....

I find 10mg/day Nolva will significantly decrease my H20 retention....however, Arimidex works very well too....

everyone's body is different.

The really interesting part about all this is that we are completely overdosing androgens....(the packet inside an American Test vial reads to use 50mg every two weeks.......That is the real medical need.  Crazy.)

Then, we use medication (nolva) which is designed for female breast cancer patients......We are using drugs in a way they were not designed for......It will never be an exact science....we are bending the rules....

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
Re: mood shifts while on meds . . .
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2005, 05:31:20 AM »
- - related to topic - - possible off course - -
my appologies IF, I've hijacked the course of thread

O,

I sent you a PM as this thread (topic) has me purplexed . . .

- - - - - - - -

specific info of personal message (possibly of) benefit to others . . .

I've routinely (from my earliest - admittedly modest dosing) experienced nip tenderness
with even low doses as low as 250mgs Test/400mgs Deca within the first 2 weeks on ANY cycle.
I have been afraid of estogen from the beginning due to this, but understand possible
**benefit of estrogen in system.

I have been advised NOT to take Nolvadex, while I am taking Hgh, by my HRT counselor.
However, I am (reasonably) breaching advised/prescribed dosing. As modern therapy
IS NOT realistic . . .

**I have thought of saying F!ck IT to gyno and
(eventually) just having costly surgery to permanently
remove lump (which I DO NOT have presently) as
it could likely occur without estrogen blocker use.

My head is wacked over this detail . . . HELP!  ;)
1 life 1 liver

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2005, 05:37:54 AM »
Wow, this topic really came back to life.....

Mem....Arimidex is great but remember, just 1mg/day can wipe out ALL the estrogen in your body....I mean ALL.....It really only takes o.5 mg's to completely block all estrogen to the receptors......

While regulating estrogen is a must, completely wiping it out will inhibit gains.....As mentioned before on several topics, estrogen isnt always bad.....

I find 10mg/day Nolva will significantly decrease my H20 retention....however, Arimidex works very well too....

everyone's body is different.

The really interesting part about all this is that we are completely overdosing androgens....(the packet inside an American Test vial reads to use 50mg every two weeks.......That is the real medical need.  Crazy.)

Then, we use medication (nolva) which is designed for female breast cancer patients......We are using drugs in a way they were not designed for......It will never be an exact science....we are bending the rules....

Agree that if on milder cycles you may be able to get away with a low nolva dose and the estro WILL help your gains, depends on the person and your goals.  The nice part about no or extremely low estrogen, is PCT and the recovery of your HPTA comes that much faster, estrogen is the biggest culprit in getting your natty test up and running again.  Thats why all this s*it works best in balance...naturally.

The part that didn't fit was this,

"Mem....Arimidex is great but remember, just 1mg/day can wipe out ALL the estrogen in your body....I mean ALL.....It really only takes o.5 mg's to completely block all estrogen to the receptors......"

Arimidex is a SERM?? Naw I think its an aromatase inhibitor...come on O   :P  Do agree 0.5 mg ED would be a good a-dex dose.  Luv the rest of the post though.

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2005, 05:50:47 AM »
Its early - I did not sleep well. I am cloudy headed . . .

SERM - what are we refferring to???
1 life 1 liver

theman

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2005, 05:58:36 AM »

Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERMs)
A selective estrogen receptor modulator, or SERM, is a small molecule that binds to and selectively modulates estrogen receptors. These molecules have the ability to either stimulate or block estrogen's activity in different types of tissue:

Stimulate estrogen's beneficial action in bone
Block estrogen's harmful activity in the breast
Block estrogen's harmful activity in the prostate
Potentially block hot flashes in men

There is exciting work being done on both SERMs and SARMs - which are Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators.  GTX, Inc., is one such company.  Bio-Tech is fasciniating stuff...

http://www.gtxinc.com/main.htm

theman

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2005, 06:03:38 AM »
THANK YOU!!!

humble  ::)
1 life 1 liver

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2005, 06:22:49 AM »

Was refering to O's post.

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2005, 06:31:05 AM »
Was refering to O's post.

I am a goof . . .

I have seen the term
but DID NOT know
what SERM was.

now I do . . .
I no (while no judgement)
kind of dumb on my part . . .

I come here to learn.
1 life 1 liver

O

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2005, 11:45:30 AM »
Agree that if on milder cycles you may be able to get away with a low nolva dose and the estro WILL help your gains, depends on the person and your goals.  The nice part about no or extremely low estrogen, is PCT and the recovery of your HPTA comes that much faster, estrogen is the biggest culprit in getting your natty test up and running again.  Thats why all this s*it works best in balance...naturally.

The part that didn't fit was this,

"Mem....Arimidex is great but remember, just 1mg/day can wipe out ALL the estrogen in your body....I mean ALL.....It really only takes o.5 mg's to completely block all estrogen to the receptors......"

Arimidex is a SERM?? Naw I think its an aromatase inhibitor...come on O   :P  Do agree 0.5 mg ED would be a good a-dex dose.  Luv the rest of the post though.

sorry, I am surprised you havent seen me mix the two before......I also start switching progesterone with prolactin when I get tired.  Thats when the fun REALLY starts.

My bad, Yes, A-dex is an inhibitor.....

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2005, 11:51:41 AM »

The really interesting part about all this is that we are completely overdosing androgens....

Then, we use medication (nolva) which is designed for female breast cancer patients......

We are using drugs in a way they were not designed for......It will never be an exact science....we are bending the rules....

Using medications the way we use them, we ARE bending the rules.  That's exactly what we are doing.  Using medications for uses they weren't necessarily intended for.

500MG Test ew is megadosing, in the context of what level of testosterone your body produces naturally.

Nolvadex wasn't meant to treat gyno in men, it was created to supress breast tumors in females.

Arimidex @ 1MG ed, as you said, eliminates all estrogen in the body through anti-aromatization, so I balance that out by using it EOD. 

as a side note:  Halotestin is specifically used to supress carcinomas in breast cancer patients, not to aid in strength lifts, which is what I use it for.

sorry, I am surprised you havent seen me mix the two before......I also start switching progesterone with prolactin when I get tired.  Thats when the fun REALLY starts.

Dostinex and Parlodel are the only prolactin inhibitors that I know of.

From the research, it appears that Dostinex is more efficient at a lower dose = .5MG E4D.

Next time you run Tren, "O", you need to try it.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2005, 05:48:47 PM »
WHO TOLD YOU YOU WERE MANIC DEPRESSIVE?! NO OFFENSE DUDE, BUT ALOT OF ASSHOLE DOCTORS OUT THERE LABEL PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN SHIT JUST SO THEY CAN GET AN INSURANCE COMPANY TO COVER THE COST OF IT! THAT'S WHY SOME PEOPLE ARE "BI-POLAR", AND THEY REALLY AREN'T!!! AND, BY THE WAY, A 12 STEP PROGRAM WORKS FINE FOR AN ALCOHOLIC, BUT ONLY IF HE/SHE IS WILLING TO FOLLOW IT. ( I HAPPEN TO BE ONE, AND HAVE BEEN SOBER FOR 11 YEARS!) ASK DR. BOB AND BILL W. ! THEY FOUNDED THE PROGRAM OF A.A.  I'M SORRY, BUT I GET   >:(  WHEN PEOPLE BAD-MOUTH A.A.!

Its a chemical imbalance of the brain man. Its as real as night and day.
The House that Ruth built