Author Topic: LOL - Akin 44 McCaskill 45 in new Demo Poll  (Read 1590 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: LOL - Akin 44 McCaskill 45 in new Demo Poll
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 01:21:29 PM »
If Akin is tied w McCaskill right now , I get the sense that the overall momentum for a tsunami is building against Obama huge. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 01:26:18 PM »
That's not the problem. The problem is your assertion that I wanted Akin to "immediately walk the plank". No statement I made reflected that sentiment.

I went back and looked at the original post on this subject and you did NOT immediately want him to drop out so I retract that statement in regards to you

You tried to characterize his statement as a "goof" rather than patently stupid belief that he truly held up until the moment when it was explained to him why it was incredibly stupid.  I said that it wasn't really his fault that he believed this as many other pro-life fundies believed it too along with alot of other ridiculous nonsense

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 01:27:30 PM »
If Akin is tied w McCaskill right now , I get the sense that the overall momentum for a tsunami is building against Obama huge. 

Well, the Family Research Council, did a sample poll of 1200 of "most likely voters", claiming Akin was up three.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2012/08/29/new-poll-by-ally-shows-akin-ahead/

Notwithstanding FRC's skin in the game, I wonder how their sample went.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 10:38:13 PM »
the party will step up with $ for Akin if it's looking like a 50/50 Senate.

If they're gonna win by 3 seats or lose by 3 seats, he ain't getting a cent.

If it's a 50/50 Senate, the VP is the tiebreaker. So, if Romney wins, the GOP runs the Senate.