Author Topic: Breaking Bad - Who is watching it?  (Read 48127 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: OK...WHOSE WATCHING BREAKING BAD???
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2012, 12:38:11 AM »
what the hell kind of car did walt buy? a bentley? I know he bought walt jr a dodge challenger. I couldn't make out walts model. look like a bentley anybody know for sure?

It's a Chevrolet.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2012, 03:26:54 AM »
Getting to the end of series 2 now,Walt is getting very cold hearted when he just stands and watches Jane choke to death.Got an email from my mate to say he likes the first few episodes of series 1 and told me to watch The Shield,never seen that show before,so is it any good.He says Hank looks like Vic Mackey in The Shield.

whitewidow

Breaking Bad or the Sopranos?
« Reply #152 on: September 07, 2012, 03:54:11 AM »
Wich do you guys believe is the better show? both played the same card by splitting the last season in 2 series. I would have to go with Breaking Bad! Never thought I would find a better show then the sopranos but saul,Tod and tuco were the deciding factors. Brian Cranston also stpped up his acting game. I do belive james gandolfini takes bryan cranston to acting school. In breaking Bads case Bryan Cranston really stepped up his game.

Bryan cranston really did get some training cooking meth in a DEA set-up lab. I remember seeing him on late night before breaking bad aired. I love the first season. This last season is also badass!I think walt let to much info slip like when he told the arizona crew he killed Gus.

Walt also took on Tod as an apprentice when I think he should of just done it all on his own.although Tods uncels did come through on the jail inmates who were about to rat.Walt has killed more then Tony soprano and the last season is not even over we still get to see him with the machine gun go crazy!

never would I believe this show would go on for 5 years just a year shy of the sopranos.Breaking Bad seemed like a show that would interest guys who mess with drugs ! But everybody watches it!I dont think the actors get paid ike the main soprano actors but half a million to a few milion is generous.I know they file fake tax reports bu it still costs money.

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
Re: BREAKING BAD OR THE SOPRANOS?
« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2012, 04:01:14 AM »
Wich do you guys believe is the better show? both played the same card by splitting the last season in 2 series. I would have to go with Breaking Bad! Never thought I would find a better show then the sopranos but saul,Tod and tuco were the deciding factors. Brian Cranston also stpped up his acting game. I do belive james gandolfini takes bryan cranston to acting school. In breaking Bads case Bryan Cranston really stepped up his game.

Bryan cranston really did get some training cooking meth in a DEA set-up lab. I remember seeing him on late night before breaking bad aired. I love the first season. This last season is also badass!I think walt let to much info slip like when he told the arizona crew he killed Gus.
Walt also took on Tod as an apprentice when I think he should of just done it all on his own.although Tods unces did come through on the jail inmates who were about to rat.Walt has killed more then Tony soprano and the last season is not even over we still get to see him with the machine gun go crazy!

Just thinking about this the other day, and I would have to agree...Hopefully the ending will be more "defined" than The Sopranos ending

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2012, 04:05:21 AM »
breaking bad...great show

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2012, 04:36:31 AM »
Breaking Bad by a good amount. I loved the early years of the Sopranos, but it started to fall apart in the last couple of seasons. It happened to Oz also. They got more playful with the plot lines in a watchable way, but not a good way.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2012, 05:09:20 AM »

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2012, 05:12:02 AM »
As I see it, the creators of the show are trying to portray Todd as simple minded, but with a very stubborn purpose to succeed in this life of crime.
Do you agree?

yeah....agreed.....Todd has some type of purpose........I don't see what it is yet..but he definitely has to pay for what he did to that poor kid....he's probably meant to exist as a character to contrast him as a more ruthless type of bad guy as opposed to Walt who probably would never kill a kid.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2012, 05:14:00 AM »
what the hell kind of car did walt buy? a bentley? I know he bought walt jr a dodge challenger. I couldn't make out walts model. look like a bentley anybody know for sure?

couldn't make it out either....but it looked too sporty to be a Bentley.....that challenger however looked really badass.....maybe Walt's son dies in  car crash???...they've already established that Flynn speeds a lot

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2012, 05:15:18 AM »
Getting to the end of series 2 now,Walt is getting very cold hearted when he just stands and watches Jane choke to death.Got an email from my mate to say he likes the first few episodes of series 1 and told me to watch The Shield,never seen that show before,so is it any good.He says Hank looks like Vic Mackey in The Shield.

yes...I was shocked when Walt let the girl choke to death......and yes...the SHIELD is a badass show as well..

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2012, 05:16:07 AM »
yeah....agreed.....Todd has some type of purpose........I don't see what it is yet..but he definitely has to pay for what he did to that poor kid....he's probably meant to exist as a character to contrast him as a more ruthless type of bad guy as opposed to Walt who probably would never kill a kid.

I think there is some kind of purpose of Todd vs. Jesse, but I have no clue what it is.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2012, 05:16:10 AM »
As I see it, the creators of the show are trying to portray Todd as simple minded, but with a very stubborn purpose to succeed in this life of crime.
Do you agree?

I think he's like the person on a reality show that tries to stay 'under the radar' while building alliances.

He was smart enough to mention his prison connections before they weighed killing him.  he was psychotic enough to smile and ice a kid without hesitation.  He was driven enough to decline payment and cook meth FOR FREE.  He calmly nodded for approval on the 9-killing spree in prison.

If he was a brilliant psycopathic up-and-comer with eyes on being the king - what would be different about his behavior?  Nothing.  This is exactly how a shrewd 'intern' would act, just waiting to learn the trade, make the connections, then waiting for Walt to screw up or be vulnerable.  Turning down that money was the clue for me - nobody turns down money.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2012, 05:17:55 AM »
SHIELD was just too unreal. 

too fake.  I LOVED it and saw every episode (was a little disappointed in the ending, when it suddenly got realistic lol).

But I'd put it #4 after 1) wire 2) BBad 3) Six feet under/Dexter tie

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: September 07, 2012, 05:18:38 AM »
I think he's like the person on a reality show that tries to stay 'under the radar' while building alliances.

He was smart enough to mention his prison connections before they weighed killing him.  he was psychotic enough to smile and ice a kid without hesitation.  He was driven enough to decline payment and cook meth FOR FREE.  He calmly nodded for approval on the 9-killing spree in prison.

If he was a brilliant psycopathic up-and-comer with eyes on being the king - what would be different about his behavior?  Nothing.  This is exactly how a shrewd 'intern' would act, just waiting to learn the trade, make the connections, then waiting for Walt to screw up or be vulnerable.  Turning down that money was the clue for me - nobody turns down money.

Good theory....the producers and writers of the show are so good you never know where its going......

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: September 07, 2012, 06:46:46 AM »
Breaking bad was brilliant, but to me Sopranos was a classic

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #165 on: September 07, 2012, 06:49:42 AM »
It's a Chevrolet.

Not a Chevrolet, lol.
Looks like the Chrysler 300 emblem.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #166 on: September 07, 2012, 06:53:34 AM »
Its the new 300 SRT8.  Funny enough they have a commercial for the same car.   

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #167 on: September 07, 2012, 07:03:23 AM »
Sopranos had the potential to be simply amazing.  Why the fuck HBO didn't want to pay Gandolfini and delayed the show a year then eventual wrote it to shit was just sad, but the first few seasons were classic.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #168 on: September 07, 2012, 10:25:27 AM »
Breaking bad was brilliant, but to me Sopranos was a classic

Let's be honest here and not revisionist......there were MANY Sopranos episodes that stunk to high heaven. Any of the ones that Steve Buscemi directed were putrid.

With that said, still a damn good series, but not best of all-time.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: September 07, 2012, 11:10:56 AM »
Sopranos had the potential to be simply amazing.  Why the fuck HBO didn't want to pay Gandolfini and delayed the show a year then eventual wrote it to shit was just sad, but the first few seasons were classic.

Didn't know this

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: September 07, 2012, 11:20:02 AM »
Let's be honest here and not revisionist......there were MANY Sopranos episodes that stunk to high heaven. Any of the ones that Steve Buscemi directed were putrid.

With that said, still a damn good series, but not best of all-time.

You have a point, there was some "filler" episodes

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #171 on: September 07, 2012, 11:23:37 AM »
I have downloaded the fifth season yesterday and i watched the first episode right away....it takes you right into the tension of the end of the fourth season....great acting and great script writers....
?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #172 on: September 07, 2012, 11:54:12 AM »
I forced myself to watch the first two seasons of Breaking Bad due to all the great reviews. Am I the ONLY one who found it terrible? The actors' lines made me cringe most of the time. So superficial, lacking all depth and nuance, as if written by a 10 year old. It's like the The Entourage, only about meth-making.

Sopranos I enjoyed a lot.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #173 on: September 07, 2012, 12:03:14 PM »
You have a point, there was some "filler" episodes

Some of the greatest nicknames ever used on TV though.... ;D

I thought the Buscemi episodes were weak, the Joe Pantoliano episodes (and his character) sucked, the episodes that centered around A.J. being a spoiled, weak, pansy prick of a kid sucked.

I always wanted to see Tony extract revenge on the guy who raped Dr. Melfi and Meadow's boyfriend that dumped her because she wasn't good enough for him. Maybe have Silvio or Furio pay them a visit.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: September 07, 2012, 12:41:42 PM »
Pantoliano and Buscemi were great, fantastic acting all round, with Gandolfini, Imperioli and Edie Falco

Their characters weren't explored enough  though, or properly possibly due to different directors in a merry-go-round. Not enough continuity, sometimes things didn't follow, and I agree, Breaking Bad doesn't have that flaw

But I still think the whole concept, the characters, storyline, my favourite.