Author Topic: Breaking Bad - Who is watching it?  (Read 48128 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: BREAKING BAD OR THE SOPRANOS?
« Reply #175 on: September 07, 2012, 09:20:02 PM »
I really enjoyed them both. I am glad I finally watched the first 4 seasons on Netflix and I caught up/ great show.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: September 07, 2012, 09:48:28 PM »
I forced myself to watch the first two seasons of Breaking Bad due to all the great reviews. Am I the ONLY one who found it terrible? The actors' lines made me cringe most of the time. So superficial, lacking all depth and nuance, as if written by a 10 year old. It's like the The Entourage, only about meth-making.

Sopranos I enjoyed a lot.

yes, i think you're the only one.  i did find season 4 to be somewhat of a disappointment, though.  then again, i took quite a long break after season 3, so maybe my memories are a bit distorted.

on the other hand, i was pleasantly surprised by mad men season 5 after a similar length break, so eh.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: OK...WHOSE WATCHING BREAKING BAD???
« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2012, 03:05:15 AM »
Watched the first 4 eps of series 3 now,those guys with the pointy shoes are stone cold killers,and now i understand why his wife has been called such a bitch,now she is fucking her boss.Before i started watching any of this and you guys were tossing out names like Walt,Tuco,Gus,Saul etc i had no idea who you were talking about,now i`m getting up to speed on who`s who.And uncle ding ding ding ding is back. ;D ;D

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #178 on: September 08, 2012, 03:10:07 AM »
The Wire.  Easily.

whitewidow

« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2012, 03:34:48 AM »
Both the Sopranos and Breaking bad are in the hands of the best. Vince gilligan who does breaking bad did the X-Files and David chase did Northern exposure a underated show. a little corny but a good show about Alaska.

I actually think all the breaking bad season are pretty good. some episodes are kind of shitty but not to many. I love the sopranos too. Tony is so old school. I think Breaking bad is better due to the fact it barley cost them shit to get the first few seasons made. Bryan Cranstaon was the only known actor.

some had seen dean norris(Hank) play small roles in some shows but they found everybody else for cheap. Saul is a great character who is also a great actor.Tuco was awesome! Aaron paul was in one shitty movie but he is star status now hanging out with the big boys like P Diddy,frank vincent,T.I. .

the Son is the worst! horrible actor! I dont believe him to be a special needs (cerebal palsey) patient. He actualy triggers the violent part of my brain(NO JOKE everytime he talks I want to reach threw the T.V. and shove a cruth up his ass and one down his throat.

Certain things make me violent and he is one of them. I used to have a friend who got real violent when he saw a bee. It is a real a rea trigger in your brain that gets set off I am not sure what the name of this condition is.

whitewidow

« Reply #180 on: September 08, 2012, 03:47:04 AM »
240- Todd didn't want money because he thought he was of no help during that cook. in the last episode it showed todd receiving cutts. the first cutt was like a training cook. he just didn't feel he deserved to get payed. he might have alternative motives but I think he is happy with the money he is making. If wat is realy out tod can cook up al the Big blue he wants,If walt allows him to use his formula.

Walt got pissed when jesse used the formua when walt retired in season 3. then that is when walt took the job with gus. walt is stubborn about that formula.he has been ripped off enough in his eyes.

Gretchen and eliot robbed his theory and made millions so he hates when people steal his ideas or formulas. That ricin he has wil kill somebody who though?

I bet jesse or most likely Hank.he really looked at hanks alcoholic drink when they had shots when hank came home last episode when marrie told walt to trun off the TV because they were talking about the jail killings.You have to admit tods uncles did come through on the jail killing contract. that is more people who died then in the whole sopranos. well pretty close. think how pissed hank  must be! walts famous line ( IT HAD TO BE DONE).

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #181 on: September 08, 2012, 03:47:06 AM »
never saw sopranos

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #182 on: September 08, 2012, 04:03:50 AM »

Gretchen and eliot robbed his theory and made millions so he hates when people steal his ideas or formulas. That ricin he has wil kill somebody who though?

I was thinking Walt may have put Ricin on that money that he gave to Jesse.  I think Hank will get poisoned too along with Skylar.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: September 08, 2012, 04:42:20 AM »
Watched the first 4 eps of series 3 now,those guys with the pointy shoes are stone cold killers,and now i understand why his wife has been called such a bitch,now she is fucking her boss.Before i started watching any of this and you guys were tossing out names like Walt,Tuco,Gus,Saul etc i had no idea who you were talking about,now i`m getting up to speed on who`s who.And uncle ding ding ding ding is back. ;D ;D

yes..salamarco in the wheelchair is such a cool character........Tuco is a good character as well...there's an episode that explains why the stone cold killers got that way...having to do with Salamarco

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: September 08, 2012, 04:45:05 AM »
240- Todd didn't want money because he thought he was of no help during that cook. in the last episode it showed todd receiving cutts. the first cutt was like a training cook. he just didn't feel he deserved to get payed. he might have alternative motives but I think he is happy with the money he is making. If wat is realy out tod can cook up al the Big blue he wants,If walt allows him to use his formula.

Walt got pissed when jesse used the formua when walt retired in season 3. then that is when walt took the job with gus. walt is stubborn about that formula.he has been ripped off enough in his eyes.

I bet jesse or most likely Hank.he really looked at hanks alcoholic drink when they had shots when hank came home last episode when marrie told walt to trun off the TV because they were talking about the jail killings.You have to admit tods uncles did come through on the jail killing contract. that is more people who died then in the whole sopranos. well pretty close. think how pissed hank  must be! walts famous line ( IT HAD TO BE DONE).

I really think the Ricin is going to come into play accidentally...maybe Walt leaves it somewhere by mistake and his infant daughter gets to it....

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #185 on: September 09, 2012, 03:38:30 AM »
Up to ep 9 now in series 3,and loving the whole operation gus has with the laundry place and distribution network through his chicken restaurants.When walt was wiping down one of the big cannisters it looked like a mark,or a dent, on it that caused him to pause and look at for a while.Is that anything that comes up later.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: September 09, 2012, 06:48:31 AM »
Its the new 300 SRT8.  Funny enough they have a commercial for the same car.   

Bingo!

Freaking love that car!!!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #187 on: September 09, 2012, 06:56:01 AM »
Bingo!

Freaking love that car!!!

and it would love to have you in it. Just like goodrum's anus.  ;)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #188 on: September 09, 2012, 06:58:23 AM »
Good lord that Challenger is sweet.  Love the red with the black racing stripes.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: September 09, 2012, 08:37:19 AM »
Up to ep 9 now in series 3,and loving the whole operation gus has with the laundry place and distribution network through his chicken restaurants.When walt was wiping down one of the big cannisters it looked like a mark,or a dent, on it that caused him to pause and look at for a while.Is that anything that comes up later.

don't think so...just a moment of contemplation I think...but not sure

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #190 on: September 09, 2012, 08:51:18 AM »
don't think so...just a moment of contemplation I think...but not sure

I wondered if it was a bug that Mike (the cleaner) had put in,like he did at Walts house,and when Walt was after the fly he mentioned to Jesse to watch what he said in case the place was bugged.And then right at the very end when he was in bed he heard a fly on the ceiling and you saw a red light,so i wondered if his new place was bugged as well.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
Re: Breaking Bad - Who is watching it?
« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2012, 08:52:59 AM »
Breaking Bad is awesome. I'm always looking for shows with great story lines...

Was surfing Netflix for something different. Saw something which initially looked mind blowing but did not hold up on further inspection.

That something was called "White Collar".

Why did it initially seem "mind blowing"? Because people rate vids on NF and this one tied with the highest ratings I've EVER seen. 4.5 out of 5. On the same level with BB...which is saying something. Because even 4 out of 5 is VERY VERY hard earned on Netflix.

However....watched White Collar...did not find it engrossing or compelling...at least at anywhere near a BB level...

Anyone here at least seen White Collar and have some kind of impression on it?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2012, 09:09:46 AM »
Breaking Bad is awesome. I'm always looking for shows with great story lines...

Was surfing Netflix for something different. Saw something which initially looked mind blowing but did not hold up on further inspection.

That something was called "White Collar".

Why did it initially seem "mind blowing"? Because people rate vids on NF and this one tied with the highest ratings I've EVER seen. 4.5 out of 5. On the same level with BB...which is saying something. Because even 4 out of 5 is VERY VERY hard earned on Netflix.

However....watched White Collar...did not find it engrossing or compelling...at least at anywhere near a BB level...

Anyone here at least seen White Collar and have some kind of impression on it?

Never seen it..whats it about?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: September 09, 2012, 09:10:20 AM »
I wondered if it was a bug that Mike (the cleaner) had put in,like he did at Walts house,and when Walt was after the fly he mentioned to Jesse to watch what he said in case the place was bugged.And then right at the very end when he was in bed he heard a fly on the ceiling and you saw a red light,so i wondered if his new place was bugged as well.

that fly appears again later in the series...don't know why

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: September 09, 2012, 09:26:16 AM »
Never seen it..whats it about?cc

Basically it's about a conman that is released from prison with an agreement that he use his conman sensibilities to help the FBI catch other conmen.

The problem, for me, is that it's not compelling.

With Breaking Bad I DID NOT WANT TO WATCH IT.  Someone recommended it to me. I reluctantly watched the first episode...I was engrossed and could not stop myself from watching every single episode of the first 3 seasons...because that was all that available at the time on Netflix.

Compelling....meaning it was so good I was almost forced to watch...like I had no choice... I was THAT into it.

With White Collar I did not find it compelling and didn't even get through the 1st episode. I am intrigued that it got 4.5 stars though. Maybe it's THAT good to most people but for me personally it didn't resonate.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: September 09, 2012, 02:46:03 PM »
Basically it's about a conman that is released from prison with an agreement that he use his conman sensibilities to help the FBI catch other conmen.

The problem, for me, is that it's not compelling.

With Breaking Bad I DID NOT WANT TO WATCH IT.  Someone recommended it to me. I reluctantly watched the first episode...I was engrossed and could not stop myself from watching every single episode of the first 3 seasons...because that was all that available at the time on Netflix.

Compelling....meaning it was so good I was almost forced to watch...like I had no choice... I was THAT into it.

With White Collar I did not find it compelling and didn't even get through the 1st episode. I am intrigued that it got 4.5 stars though. Maybe it's THAT good to most people but for me personally it didn't resonate.

I concur....I did the same....my son always urged me to watch the show....but I kept blowing him off.....then I got netflix and saw that it was on there...one day I was bored so I watched the first episode...I was hooked from there....couldn't stop watching and would watch three episodes in the middle of the night even though I had to work the next day....then when season 3 ran out, I found a website on line and watched season 4

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: September 09, 2012, 03:11:41 PM »
Ok, so I am finally onto the curent season. Who is the girl Mike met in the Diner who started putting hits on people?

I loved the last episode of last season where the bomb goes off and gus walks out of the room looking like 2 face....

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #197 on: September 09, 2012, 03:57:51 PM »
Ok, so I am finally onto the curent season. Who is the girl Mike met in the Diner who started putting hits on people?

I loved the last episode of last season where the bomb goes off and gus walks out of the room looking like 2 face....

That's Jackie O

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #198 on: September 09, 2012, 04:02:07 PM »
white collar, burn notice, covert affairs...

all those are glossy yet lower-thinking shows.   Spy shows where everything is lame and predictable.  They'll escape a raid with 5 items... and use those 5 items to miraculously defeat a militia of 80 dudes without killing anyone.  I mean, spies that will knock bad guys out or use sleeper holds on 8 straight people?

It's cheese for people without the attention ability to sit and think deep when Walter White stares at the fly for 12 seconds. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: September 09, 2012, 05:06:30 PM »

that was Gus' supplier.........she was asking Mike to clean up the mess and kill all the guys who might rat out her company, which was supplying Gus