Author Topic: Do people actually think having a car makes sense.  (Read 10190 times)

DKlent

• Getbig III
Re: Do people actually think having a car makes sense.
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2012, 09:53:11 AM »
the real question is, do families need more than one car... to his ill answer NO. There s a right middle to be found between no car and 3 or 4 cars for a family.

Most families need at least 2 cars. I live with my GF and we both have cars. We have totally different work and school schedules that constantly conflict. If I have to go to school at 9am I'm damn sure not waking up at 6:30 am to take her to work, and she damn sure won't want to go back and forth to pick me up when I get to work/school. Using 1 car is a waste of gas money with all of the back and forth trips, plus a huge waste of time because usually the person waiting for you has to wait a while and can't do anything with their schedule if they know they gotta pick you up at work at 5pm or whatever.
Our neighbor is married and has 3 kids and they use just 1 car. They are so limited by that and they hate it. They know.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2012, 09:55:02 AM »
So the best you got is living in a shit neighborhood, which is more of a if everyone else is doing it I should too. Herd behavior it does not me its a good option just a desperate option.

Ive lived in a town of just a few thousand and never needed a car there either, this is like those yuppies that have to goto the most expensive schools, they dont have to they choose too.

Anyhow I could care less about actually having a car, I see it as a way the poor chooses to stay poor instead of investing, this is why the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer, not knowing your place is never a good thing.

Yeah, because the rich don't spend money on nice cars. Look, in certain types of work, cars are essential. I have one and so does my wife. They're both paid for, and they allow me to do the things I need to do. Public transit in the states is shit. White people don't take the bus.

MikMaq

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2012, 12:49:43 PM »
What are you? 15?  You have no real-world experience.

I agree, if someone can't afford a car they should not buy one but the idea that everyone should pay "cash" for everything is just blatantly absurd. The vast majority of people can't pay cash for cars (or homes) or much else. They "finance" these things where by they pay month to month for a period of time and then, after a while, own the car (or home) outright. This is how people do things in the modern world.
Clearly, many people over extend themselves and finance cars that they can never pay off or can not make payments on. In those cases, the cars get repossessed. But there are also many people who finance cars and make monthly payments and eventually own the car. They pay a nominal fee for financing it and they get to pay month to month, so it benefits both them and the financial institutions that they finance from.

I think its very obvious it benefits the producers in the economy, but for the average person it just means being eternally broke ass.

I love how you say I have no real world experience, and yet have had years of experience without cars that seemingly is impossible for most to understand.

Anyhow your going to school and got a car, unless you wanna give a detailed explanation of how your not fucking yourself over, Im gonna move on.

DKlent

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2012, 05:44:19 AM »
I think its very obvious it benefits the producers in the economy, but for the average person it just means being eternally broke ass.

I love how you say I have no real world experience, and yet have had years of experience without cars that seemingly is impossible for most to understand.

Anyhow your going to school and got a car, unless you wanna give a detailed explanation of how your not fucking yourself over, Im gonna move on.

I've had the same car for almost 10 years. I paid 1,300 for it when I bought it. Put work into it since then.  I'm not saying that not having a car is impossible, I'm saying that it is impossible for me.

Being a student makes it even more necessary for me to have a car, as I explained in my first post.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2012, 05:48:58 AM »
I try to ride my bike as much as possible, but a car is a modern cost/convenience. Not having one would circumscribe my life to a shitty extent.

KrAng

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2012, 06:25:40 AM »
Why have an oven when u could cook food over fire?
Why have a tv when you could read a book?
Why buy shoes when you could walk barefoot everywhere? Etc etc

Dude you can justify not "needing" anything......  But in the end it really is about convenience and simply making life easier more enjoyable

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2012, 06:26:18 AM »
Who needs a car when you have a private limousine driver for the short trips and a Lear Jet for the longer trips to the gym with the 150 lb dummbells and tanning bed across town.

MikMaq

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2012, 07:04:10 AM »
Why have an oven when u could cook food over fire?
Why have a tv when you could read a book?
Why buy shoes when you could walk barefoot everywhere? Etc etc

Dude you can justify not "needing" anything......  But in the end it really is about convenience and simply making life easier more enjoyable
Because it isnt conveinant in the grand scheme of things.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2012, 07:30:24 AM »
Cars are such a waste of money. I know guys who pay more for their cars then rent. Fucking losers,and they are the same ones complaining how the rich get richer. I made the stupid move a few years ago to buy an expensive car(ctsv). Then I bought a jeep for $1,200 for my winter rat. What a piece of shit that car was. Insurance was unbelievable. I delt with non stop repairs for 3 years before I wised up and sold it. (BTW the extended warranties are a scam, they found a way to get out of repairs every time). During that whole time the POS jeep never had a problem and now has 220,000 miles.

So now thats all I have. A 1996 Cherokee and a nice stable of bikes. I ride my bikes everywhere, rain or shine. 50mpg's and dont have to sit in traffic jams. The only time I use my jeep is to take my kayak fishing or to tow my bike to the track.

KrAng

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2012, 07:57:50 AM »
Because it isnt conveinant in the grand scheme of things.

I believe u just answered your own question

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2012, 08:04:26 AM »
Cars are such a waste of money. I know guys who pay more for their cars then rent. Fucking losers,and they are the same ones complaining how the rich get richer. I made the stupid move a few years ago to buy an expensive car(ctsv). Then I bought a jeep for $1,200 for my winter rat. What a piece of shit that car was. Insurance was unbelievable. I delt with non stop repairs for 3 years before I wised up and sold it. (BTW the extended warranties are a scam, they found a way to get out of repairs every time). During that whole time the POS jeep never had a problem and now has 220,000 miles.

So now thats all I have. A 1996 Cherokee and a nice stable of bikes. I ride my bikes everywhere, rain or shine. 50mpg's and dont have to sit in traffic jams. The only time I use my jeep is to take my kayak fishing or to tow my bike to the track.
On my way to work, there is this guy who has a 2nd Gen Viper, and a Ford GT, his house is modest, and guess what he drives as a daily? A Honda Accord. So this man has the Americsn exotics, but knows that a good daily is reliable, easy to maintain.

And the extended warranties, I always figured that they were a scam.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2012, 08:35:45 AM »

I'll bet you a get a lot of woman wanting to date you, so you can pick them up on your bike 'eh?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2012, 08:51:27 AM »
Cuz there's nothing like the feeling when I'm driving my jeep with the top down and my hair blowing in the breeze.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2012, 09:05:45 AM »
in america everyone is rich and drive big cars

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2012, 11:11:25 AM »
Dumbest thread ever!!!!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2012, 11:24:30 AM »
Cuz there's nothing like the feeling when I'm driving my jeep with the top down and my hair blowing in the breeze.
Ha! I only now just got this one.   ;D