Author Topic: Is fasting and I.F. just another fad, or will it change everything?  (Read 10272 times)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: Is fasting and I.F. just another fad, or will it change everything?
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 09:09:20 AM »
Its all about self control. Easier for some than for others

Yeah.... but when you're looking forward to that meal after depriving your body for so long anyone is likely to gorge. Sure, we did this back in the day when we actually had to hunt but nowadays we simply go our fridge for the next meal. I know you're just starting this out and it seems like the best thing on the planet....give it sometime.  ;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 09:09:54 AM »
any method that allows one to consume less calories is gonna work

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 09:15:45 AM »
Yeah.... but when you're looking forward to that meal after depriving your body for so long anyone is likely to gorge. Sure, we did this back in the day when we actually had to hunt but nowadays we simply go our fridge for the next meal. I know you're just starting this out and it seems like the best thing on the planet....give it sometime.  ;D
I understand your point, but so far I'm getting good results and because of my body type (having a slow metabolism etc) this seems like a reasonable lifestyle for me to remain lean without totally depriving myself forever

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2012, 10:17:15 AM »
Fast one day a week.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2012, 12:46:30 PM »
It's a fucking fad and Martin B is a fucking idiot! 

http://anthonycolpo.com/why-intermittent-fasting-isnt-all-its-cracked-up-to-be/

Pure gold. This is the realest thing I've seen on GB in a while.

Great post MM!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2012, 12:48:17 PM »
Pure gold. This is the realest thing I've seen on GB in a while.

Great post MM!

what's it say? can you give a summary of it?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 01:18:53 PM »
i fnd the link just as stupid.

guy believes in carbs post exercise, just another dogma.

we need 15's input here :D :D :D

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2012, 01:34:47 PM »
i fnd the link just as stupid.

guy believes in carbs post exercise, just another dogma.

"guy"?  LOL Haha yeah sure thing there buddy.  Read his books and his website.  The guy is a fucking golden and tells the truth.  He tears through the scientific research like a fucking hot knife through butter.  If you have nothing to add but your meathead opinion I suggest you not make yourself look like a fool and shut your trap.  Colpo is the man when it comes to nutrition.....from his views on whole grains to paleo........to cholesterol.  He's the #1 source for the truth on nutrition and diets

Seriously, the guy backs up everything he says with scientific research and tears through all the popular diet fads.  Plus he's an Aussie and fucking hilarious.  His book the Great Cholesterol Con is probably the single most important book anyone can ever read.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 01:36:07 PM »
"guy"?  LOL Haha yeah sure thing there buddy.  Read his books and his website.  The guy is a fucking golden and tells the truth.  He tears through the scientific research like a fucking hot knife through butter.  If you have nothing to add but your meathead opinion I suggest you not make yourself look like a fool and shut your trap.  Colpo is the mam when it comes to nutrition.....from his views on whole grains to paleo........to cholesterol.  He's the #1 source for the truth on nutrition and diets. 

Great link!

5antasy

• Getbig II
  • Forever cutting
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 01:42:14 PM »

with more meals one can get in more calories, and to get shredded, the old school socalled broscience diet will still work best.by shredded i mean veins everywhere, not just visible abs.

What old school broscience diet are you referring to?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 01:48:28 PM »
fat people where raised by fat people. Fat daddy and mommy used to binge to feel better , just like their own daddy and mommy did one generation before them, and so on. After several generations bodies , genetics are deeply modified and you end with fat people. They ll meet with someone as fat as them, breed, and produce an offspring, and they will teach that offspring the same bad behaviors, and so on and so.

Dont want to get fat? dont listen to the LEARNED behavior that tells you "i feel hungry so i have to eat some sugar". Fact is when you re alrdy overweight, the message sent by your brain which is an habit, and not a need, is false. You already have billions of calories in excess in your fat, you cannot be "hungry". You should fast and consume the calories that are already there. You only have to drink some water, as simple as that. You have to unlearn behaviors, habits. You have to re wire the connexions in your brain. Then you get slim, you breed with a slim woman, and the curse ends.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 03:54:28 PM »
Yeah it reinforces binge eating in some people. You don't need to go this extreme to achieve your goals just like you don't need to go zero carb, zero fat, eating religiously every 3 hours, etc.

This is just another way to skin a cat.

So it's just... eat all your calories within an 8 hour window?

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2012, 04:34:57 PM »
So it's just... eat all your calories within an 8 hour window?

Yeah, that's the IF diet that has caught on as of late which is called lean gains. Apperantly there's quite a few health benefits that the fasted state provides. I haven't looked into them but I think Necrosis has posted some studies on the nutrition board and I'm sure the leangains guy has posted some on his website also.

So with that leangains IF diet you train 3 days a week and eat 20% above maintenance during those days. The other 4 days you're eating 20% under maintenance. So yeah... you have maybe two or three meals during the 8 hour feeding period and then you begin your 16 hour fast.

I posted a link if you wanna look into that.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2012, 11:58:49 PM »
Fast one day a week.

good post. A bodybuilder won't lose any size following a one day a week fast.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2012, 09:50:02 AM »
fat people where raised by fat people. Fat daddy and mommy used to binge to feel better , just like their own daddy and mommy did one generation before them, and so on. After several generations bodies , genetics are deeply modified and you end with fat people. They ll meet with someone as fat as them, breed, and produce an offspring, and they will teach that offspring the same bad behaviors, and so on and so.

Dont want to get fat? dont listen to the LEARNED behavior that tells you "i feel hungry so i have to eat some sugar". Fact is when you re alrdy overweight, the message sent by your brain which is an habit, and not a need, is false. You already have billions of calories in excess in your fat, you cannot be "hungry". You should fast and consume the calories that are already there. You only have to drink some water, as simple as that. You have to unlearn behaviors, habits. You have to re wire the connexions in your brain. Then you get slim, you breed with a slim woman, and the curse ends.
The NEW "Girls and Sons..."!!!

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2012, 10:36:41 AM »
Fasting isn't new.

Karen Carpenter swore by it.

:o

So wrong

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2012, 10:39:57 AM »
contrary to what falcon says, under-eating is very good and healthy for you

peeps with lower bmi's live longer than peeps with higher bmi's, even if that higher bmi is composed mostly of muscle and not fat

the body doesn't like to carry excess weight, even if it's in the form of muscle

So how come most inhabitants of Africa and other countries where starvation is common are not living longer then their overfed counterparts in the west?
all drugs - TPPIIP

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2012, 10:49:35 AM »
has not much to do with diet, but hygiene and lack of meds etc.

also, starving oneself to death isnt the same as eating less food.

THIS

i'm not talking about starvation, but under-eating and keeping one's bmi in check ie. a bmi of 25 or under is probably ideal

5antasy

• Getbig II
  • Forever cutting
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2012, 11:17:51 AM »
the one bodybuilders use to get into contest shape

This was a serious question, I honestly don't know what you're referring to. There's a consensus bodybuilder contest diet? Are you talking about carb tapering??

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2012, 11:49:30 AM »
i dont care who he is, what he is, i dont need any advice from the guy.i wouldnt give a fcuk about who he is even if he was able to shit gold bars.

i know how to get big, i know how to get shredded, i know how to keep my cholesterol in check.

for me personaly.everyone claiming he knows the 1 size fits all recipe for everyone can choke on semen, esp if he has a book on sale.

dont talk to me as if nutrition for bodybuilders is rocket science.

nutrition for naturals and people who dont train i dont care about any info on that.

he can stick his scientificaly backed research and studies into his anus and let you suck them out ::)

"muscle mc anus" ::)

lol@ "hes THE guy".puhlease.

ok, lets see some great tips from the guy, give me some examples, seriously,i need a good laugh,bring them on.

LOL YOu're a fucking idiot!  And you wonder why Getbig is a such a fucking joke!  You sound like a fucking deadbeat bodybuilder who probably slings juice to make a living.  Typical.  

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2012, 11:51:51 AM »
Oh and it might help if you actually READ the fucking article as he posts several references to actual research and picks apart why IFing has no physiological merit based on loose scientific studies dumbshit!  But way easier to sound tough via your keyboard and spout off at the mouth knowing full well you are a know nothing meathead.  Anyone can get ripped shoving anything into their veins.  I've been on a shitload of test, clen, t3, and ate high carbs, low carbs, low protein, high protein.......and guess what?  I didn't make fuck all of a difference.  Something tells me your entire physique relies on the needle instead of a sound approach to training and nutrition in and out of the gym you goofball.  

Do you understand the difference between epidemiological nutritional research vs. placebo controlled double blind studies?  Probably not!  You've got shit for brains, it's obvious. 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2012, 11:56:32 AM »
ok ive had enough of THE guy, hes even straight up contradicting himself.

its like reading flex articles.

hes a repeater.plagiarist.

muscle mc anus, have you ever been training in your life?

how do you look, got any muscle?ever gotten lean?got pics?

you clown

Haha you can't debate on scientific grounds so you resort to "show me your pics" bullshit?  Classic!  I'm sure like most of the closet homoseuxals on Getbig you'd love to see me with my shirt off huh?  Have you ever gotten laid by a female in the last year tough guy?  Probably not!  You are a dimwitted 40+ year old loser who posts on a juvenile "bodybuilding" board.  Go to a legit board where actual scientific discussion takes place and you'd probably have your ass handed to you by a lot smarter and more intelligent thinking people. 

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2012, 12:31:13 PM »
HARD AND CONSISTENT TRAINING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"diet"

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2012, 12:35:07 PM »
HARD AND CONSISTENT TRAINING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"diet"

Actually that's complete and utter bullshit!  You can't get a world class athlete if you aren't eating the right macros and getting in the right nutrition.  Same thing with lifting.  Your nutritional needs change as you get bigger and grow.  YOu need more protein, more energy, more fats etc.  Most bodybuilders know fuck all about nutrition and training in general.  They make up for this huge knowledge gap with drugs and/or genetics.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2012, 12:38:54 PM »
WRONG!

check what Bolt was eating per-race

p.s. he eats like that all the time