Author Topic: flat db press vs bench press  (Read 1942 times)

Ksly

flat db press vs bench press
« on: November 19, 2005, 09:10:10 AM »
hey guys
i was wondering, if the flat db press is more effective then mass builder for chest then the bench press?? Every video and artices that i've read. they all do flat db press... from branch warrem to mark dugdale. then workout seems to be very popular. incline press, flat db press and some flys. should i stop benchin and  jump on the bd press??

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: flat db press vs bench press
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 09:29:33 AM »
workout seems to be very popular. incline press, flat db press and some flys. should i stop benchin and  jump on the bd press??

Might give dumbells a try, as db vs. bb is usually a feel/preference issue alone. I'd avoid bd presses altogether, though. Bumdells will destroy your torator fuccs.

Just playin'.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 09:29:38 PM »
i like dumbbells but its hard to go super heavy with them so sometimes if i feel like getting a really good pump off of flat press i'll do them on the smith sometimes and i usually make it my 2nd excercise
bodybuildersreality.com

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 11:40:14 PM »
definetly incorporate db press into your workout. I do BB one week and DB the next. DB press helps overcome plateaus on the Bench press.  You can go down farther with DB's and even apply more concentration IMO.
big or bust