Author Topic: 2012 NFL Thread  (Read 48068 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: 2012 NFL Thread
« Reply #125 on: December 21, 2012, 11:52:39 AM »
The really crazy part about the Wilson thing - apart from his size - is the fact that State now has 2 starting QBs in the NFL. 

HIM AND RIVERS?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #126 on: December 21, 2012, 02:45:28 PM »
lol @ dumb decision to encourage the guy to play on TV almost every Saturday vs playing baseball and never being seen by anyone

It isn't the players who inflate the numbers, though - it's the guys in the sports information department with or without prompting from the coaching staff.

Don't you just love the way the media (and some in football) like to tell 'us' - the fans - that we don't know shit about running a team when we tell 'them' - the football people and media - that it's FUCKING STUPID to give a guy that type of money on the basis of a 1-3 game sample size. 

The media was complicit in causing those teams to overpay for Kolb and Flynn.  They were ALL wrong. 

Fans win.

Absolutely a dumb decision by NC State.  They lost a great player.  Drafted in the third round.  Now starting in the NFL.  That could have been a big recruiting tool.

I agree SI directors are partly responsible for inflating numbers, but the players participate too.  They don't do anything to correct incorrect height and 40 times from being listed, reported, etc. 

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: December 24, 2012, 12:37:48 AM »
                            SEAHAWKS

shut down the 49'ers.
150 points in the last 3 games

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #128 on: December 24, 2012, 12:23:25 PM »
The really crazy part about the Wilson thing - apart from his size - is the fact that State now has 2 starting QBs in the NFL. 

Might be 3 in the next couple of years.  Mike Glennon will be a very solid back-up if not starter.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2012, 08:05:50 AM »
                           SEAHAWKS

shut down the 49'ers.

Russell Wilson is the real deal! Such a poised, confident player for only being a rookie. Reminds me of Joe Flacco's rookie season a little but Wilson looks to be more talented.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2012, 10:46:53 AM »
                           SEAHAWKS

shut down the 49'ers.

Pretty darn impressive.  Glad I missed the game.  Those Seahawks just might be a legit SB threat. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2012, 10:47:57 AM »
Pretty darn impressive.  Glad I missed the game.  Those Seahawks just might be a legit SB threat. 

Defense, Run Game. PAss Rush. QB that doesnt throw Ints...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2012, 10:58:19 AM »
Defense, Run Game. PAss Rush. QB that doesnt throw Ints...

Sounds like the Niners.  At least before they got beat down by Seattle.   :-\

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2012, 11:00:55 AM »
Sounds like the Niners.  At least before they got beat down by Seattle.   :-\

Two Words...

Justin Smith

Bro.. Aldon Smith is Good, dont get me wrong.. but the one that makes that defense work is Justin Smith.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2012, 11:05:26 AM »
Two Words...

Justin Smith

Bro.. Aldon Smith is Good, dont get me wrong.. but the one that makes that defense work is Justin Smith.

Huge loss, but I doubt the Niners would have won the game if he played.  It was a blowout.  I didn't see the game, but if you look at the box score they got outplayed in all three phases. 

And check out the NFC Pro Bowl roster. Full of Niner defensive players.  They just got their butts kicked. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2012, 11:11:33 AM »
Huge loss, but I doubt the Niners would have won the game if he played.  It was a blowout.  I didn't see the game, but if you look at the box score they got outplayed in all three phases. 

And check out the NFC Pro Bowl roster. Full of Niner defensive players.  They just got their butts kicked. 

I coach Defense at Hollywood high... I had to go study the Niners Games, their defense is nasty. Smith, smith, willis, Bowman, Gholston. They are stacked

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2012, 11:18:27 AM »
I coach Defense at Hollywood high... I had to go study the Niners Games, their defense is nasty. Smith, smith, willis, Bowman, Gholston. They are stacked

Yep.  Definitely stacked.

Still, I'm concerned after they gave up 28 to NE in a quarter and got rolled by Seattle.  The D is backing into the playoffs. 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2012, 12:08:33 PM »
The playoffs are gonna be stacked this year!!! Most teams are a legit threat to go all the way!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2012, 06:09:18 AM »
The playoffs are gonna be stacked this year!!! Most teams are a legit threat to go all the way!

AFCCG rematch this year?  For whatever reason, even though the Ravens don't have the advantage in the matchups wins/losses wise, I still think they match up better than any other team in the AFC if you see what I am saying.  Brady has the JuJu over Manning, and the Texans are not ready, but whenever Baltimore plays NE, it is a close game, just unfortunately it is usually in NE favor.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2012, 08:12:32 AM »
AFCCG rematch this year?  For whatever reason, even though the Ravens don't have the advantage in the matchups wins/losses wise, I still think they match up better than any other team in the AFC if you see what I am saying.  Brady has the JuJu over Manning, and the Texans are not ready, but whenever Baltimore plays NE, it is a close game, just unfortunately it is usually in NE favor.

I'd rather the Ravens rest their starters against the Bengals and be happy with 10 wins. That way the Colts would be their home opponent in round one. Don't want to play the Bengals in the post season. They are looking pretty scary on defense, lately.

But ultimately, the Ravens are going to go full speed to try to keep momentum after the Giants win. Smart way to go, I just hope we don't get any more injuries.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2012, 01:52:21 PM »
I hope so. It will mean they get at least that far.  I'm not scared of the Bengals or Colts, but I don't want to have to go to Texas or Denver :-X Hopefully, The Texans or Broncos lose, so we can get a bye.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2013, 05:01:15 AM »
Sports bar in NYC is running a special from kickoff untill the game ends for each game this weekend it's $25.00 all you can drink and eat per game.

...Sat will be fun,Sun might be tough ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2013, 11:59:40 AM »
Very happy.   :)

Have to say though that Wilson's performance was about as impressive as Kaepernick's. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »
Very happy.   :)

Have to say though that Wilson's performance was about as impressive as Kaepernick's. 

do you still think the game was better in the 80's or is it "better" now because your team is one of the best once again?

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2013, 01:49:10 PM »
do you still think the game was better in the 80's or is it "better" now because your team is one of the best once again?

E

The game was better in the 80s and early 90s, especially before FA and the salary cap had such big impacts.  Better teams.  More entertaining.  Better rivalries. 

But who cares about that now?  (Besides you.). I'm just enjoying this season.  Great to see my Niners advance.  Kaepernick is a great story.  So was Russell Wilson.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2013, 01:51:11 PM »
The game was better in the 80s and early 90s, especially before FA and the salary cap had such big impacts.  Better teams.  More entertaining.  Better rivalries. 

But who cares about that now?  (Besides you.). I'm just enjoying this season.  Great to see my Niners advance.  Kaepernick is a great story.  So was Russell Wilson.

that's my point, you don't care now because your team is winning

kapernick looks like a meth head but he is impressive for sure

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2013, 01:55:41 PM »
that's my point, you don't care now because your team is winning

kapernick looks like a meth head but he is impressive for sure

E

Whatever Earl.  Go drown your sorrows someplace else.   :) I might be joining you next week, but for now I'm looking forward to Sunday.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2013, 07:34:20 PM »
seahawks were soooo close   :'(
if they wouldnt have been asleep for the 1st half they would have won
if they would have scored even a field goal on the last play of the 1st half they would have won
if their defence did their job and not let ATL get those 2 HUGE plays on that last drive they would have won.

Wilson is a GREAT QB(r.o.y) and is going to have a fantastic future.

congrats to ATL

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2013, 07:44:11 AM »
9.5 dogs again for the Ravens. I love it!!

They always play so much better when they are considered the underdogs. This team really thrives on it, I think.

I'm literally trying to fast foward to Sunday. I cannot wait to watch this battle. They have a chance to get revenge from last year. You can't draw it up any better.

RAVENS NATION!!!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2013, 09:36:14 AM »
9.5 dogs again for the Ravens. I love it!!

They always play so much better when they are considered the underdogs. This team really thrives on it, I think.

I'm literally trying to fast foward to Sunday. I cannot wait to watch this battle. They have a chance to get revenge from last year. You can't draw it up any better.

RAVENS NATION!!!

im hoping for a Ravens San Fran to win. Real Football.... I hate the Ravens. But I respect the hell out of them. I really want Ray to go out on top. I swear i almost Cried after that last game.