Author Topic: 2012 NFL Thread  (Read 48217 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: 2012 NFL Thread
« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2013, 11:06:35 AM »
Can't wait for the draft!

lol.  That's like me every year about this time, for the last 19 years.   :)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2013, 12:14:09 PM »
Steelers will get Teo or that Safety out of Texas

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2013, 03:05:34 PM »
Steelers will get Teo or that Safety out of Texas

no way are they dumb enough to take that overrated mental midget

E
E

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2013, 03:25:10 PM »

E
I hope they do. As a Pats fan, the Steelers are on my short list of teams I hate. :Pu

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2013, 04:58:09 PM »

E

lookin for another middle linebacker... no one in free angency

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2013, 07:53:21 AM »
I hope they do. As a Pats fan, the Steelers are on my short list of teams I hate. :Pu

As least we share that in common.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: January 29, 2013, 10:57:29 AM »
lookin for another middle linebacker... no one in free angency

Isn't he considered the best inside LB in college football?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #182 on: January 29, 2013, 10:59:56 AM »
Randy Moss today says he thinks he's the greatest WR ever.

Greatest is such an ambiguous word.  He might be the most talented.  "Greatest" to me means greatest resumé of accomplishments which has to be Jerry Rice.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: January 29, 2013, 11:11:59 AM »
Randy Moss today says he thinks he's the greatest WR ever.

Greatest is such an ambiguous word.  He might be the most talented.  "Greatest" to me means greatest resumé of accomplishments which has to be Jerry Rice.

He needs to put the crack pipe down.  Jerry Rice is the GOAT.  He worked harder, he played harder, he won rings, he put up numbers better than any WR in NFL history.

He never had a substance abuse problem.  He never had alligator arms.  He never quit ("I play when I want to play").  Always left it all on the field. 

I really like how Moss has contributed to the Niners this year.  Has been a class act on and off the field.  But better than Rice?  No.   

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: January 29, 2013, 12:36:33 PM »
He needs to put the crack pipe down.  Jerry Rice is the GOAT.  He worked harder, he played harder, he won rings, he put up numbers better than any WR in NFL history.

He never had a substance abuse problem.  He never had alligator arms.  He never quit ("I play when I want to play").  Always left it all on the field. 

I really like how Moss has contributed to the Niners this year.  Has been a class act on and off the field.  But better than Rice?  No.   
Thats nice. He surely hasn't been catching any balls though.  :-X

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: January 29, 2013, 01:35:14 PM »
Thats nice. He surely hasn't been catching any balls though.  :-X

Not many.  They haven't really needed much from him.  I think he was underutilized, but he has done a great job being a good teammate and mentor.  I think he'll be a threat on Sunday.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: January 29, 2013, 01:35:43 PM »

"Cash money, homie!"

Moss' season in 2007 was the greatest season of all time for a WR, in my opinion. I never understood why the Patriots wanted to get rid of him while he was still playing well. I understand he acts selfish sometimes but he and Brady had such a rhythm.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #187 on: January 29, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »
Isn't he considered the best inside LB in college football?

yeah and jamarcus russel was the best qb in college football

he played for notre dame, his grandma and "girlfriend" died on the same day

that's the only reason anybody knows who he is

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: January 29, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »
"Cash money, homie!"

Moss' season in 2007 was the greatest season of all time for a WR, in my opinion. I never understood why the Patriots wanted to get rid of him while he was still playing well. I understand he acts selfish sometimes but he and Brady had such a rhythm.

Yeah. I don't know why he left either.  He would still be catching TDs if he was playing with Brady. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: January 29, 2013, 03:42:23 PM »
Yeah. I don't know why he left either.  He would still be catching TDs if he was playing with Brady. 

No doubt about that. Moss definitely has gas left in the tank. He'll play well somewhere next year. He's a freak. Even at his age, he can produce well with another team.

In the Superbowl?? I don't see him playing a big factor. I'm more worried about Crabtree and Davis.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: January 29, 2013, 03:42:38 PM »
yeah and jamarcus russel was the best qb in college football

E

Not quite Earl.  He was a five star recruit out of high school.  Was one of the top five ranked recruits in the country.  

And what did he do before all the drama?

Senior season (2012)Te’o announced on December 11, 2011 that he would return to Notre Dame for his senior season. Te'o entered his final season as one of 10 players in Notre Dame history to record over 300 career tackles and started the season eighth on the career tackles list for the Fighting Irish.[28] During the season, Te’o was the leading tackler and leader in interceptions for a 12-0 Notre Dame team which had the second-ranked scoring defense (10.33 points per game). He had 103 tackles in the regular season (52 solo, 51 assisted, 8.58 per game), including 5.5 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks (one for 13 yards of Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones.[19] Te’o also led the team, as well as all FBS linebackers in the nation, in interceptions. Te’o’s 7 interceptions during the 2012 season are the most by any FBS linebacker since 2001.[29] He ranks third in the nation at 0.58 interceptions per game, and overall only Fresno State safety has more, with 8 interceptions this season.[19] His season-high per game was 2 interceptions for 28 yards against Michigan. All statistics have been taken from the Notre Dame Fighting Irish Athletics website.[30]

In the 2012 season, Notre Dame ranked second in the nation in scoring defense (10.33 points per game) and ranks in the top 19 nationally in four other defensive categories: fifth in rushing defense (92.42 yards per game), sixth in total defense (287.25 yards per game), 12th in pass efficiency defense (105.58) and 19th in sacks (2.75 per game). Te'o's 8.58 tackles per game is three and a half more per game than the squad's next-most prolific tackler, Zeke Motta (5.09 per game).[19]

Te'o is the most decorated defensive player in college football history. He won the 2012 Defensive IMPACT Player of the Year Lott Trophy, as well as the Maxwell Award, the Chuck Bednarik Award, the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, the Butkus Award, the Lombardi Award, and the Walter Camp Award. In addition, he was named a national scholar-athlete by the National Football Foundation.[31] One of three finalists for the Heisman Trophy, Te'o eventually finished second in the voting to Texas A&M Quarterback Johnny Manziel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manti_Te'o#College_career_statistics

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: January 29, 2013, 03:44:51 PM »
No doubt about that. Moss definitely has gas left in the tank. He'll play well somewhere next year. He's a freak. Even at his age, he can produce well with another team.

In the Superbowl?? I don't see him playing a big factor. I'm more worried about Crabtree and Davis.

Crabtree, Davis, Gore, James, and Kaepernick are the reasons Moss could be a factor.  But we'll see.  Should be a great game.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2013, 03:50:17 PM »
Crabtree, Davis, Gore, James, and Kaepernick are the reasons Moss could be a factor.  But we'll see.  Should be a great game.

Kaepernick on a fast surface scares me. The Ravens had trouble with the read option offense when they played the Redskins and RG3. Its so tough to defend that when you have a QB that can run like Colin.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2013, 04:12:44 PM »
Kaepernick on a fast surface scares me. The Ravens had trouble with the read option offense when they played the Redskins and RG3. Its so tough to defend that when you have a QB that can run like Colin.

Agree.  Plus he has been throwing the ball extremely well.  That's what really surprised me.  I was never impressed with his passing when he as at Nevada. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2013, 07:10:07 PM »
Not quite Earl.  He was a five star recruit out of high school.  Was one of the top five ranked recruits in the country.  

And what did he do before all the drama?

Senior season (2012)Te’o announced on December 11, 2011 that he would return to Notre Dame for his senior season. Te'o entered his final season as one of 10 players in Notre Dame history to record over 300 career tackles and started the season eighth on the career tackles list for the Fighting Irish.[28] During the season, Te’o was the leading tackler and leader in interceptions for a 12-0 Notre Dame team which had the second-ranked scoring defense (10.33 points per game). He had 103 tackles in the regular season (52 solo, 51 assisted, 8.58 per game), including 5.5 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks (one for 13 yards of Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones.[19] Te’o also led the team, as well as all FBS linebackers in the nation, in interceptions. Te’o’s 7 interceptions during the 2012 season are the most by any FBS linebacker since 2001.[29] He ranks third in the nation at 0.58 interceptions per game, and overall only Fresno State safety has more, with 8 interceptions this season.[19] His season-high per game was 2 interceptions for 28 yards against Michigan. All statistics have been taken from the Notre Dame Fighting Irish Athletics website.[30]

In the 2012 season, Notre Dame ranked second in the nation in scoring defense (10.33 points per game) and ranks in the top 19 nationally in four other defensive categories: fifth in rushing defense (92.42 yards per game), sixth in total defense (287.25 yards per game), 12th in pass efficiency defense (105.58) and 19th in sacks (2.75 per game). Te'o's 8.58 tackles per game is three and a half more per game than the squad's next-most prolific tackler, Zeke Motta (5.09 per game).[19]

Te'o is the most decorated defensive player in college football history. He won the 2012 Defensive IMPACT Player of the Year Lott Trophy, as well as the Maxwell Award, the Chuck Bednarik Award, the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, the Butkus Award, the Lombardi Award, and the Walter Camp Award. In addition, he was named a national scholar-athlete by the National Football Foundation.[31] One of three finalists for the Heisman Trophy, Te'o eventually finished second in the voting to Texas A&M Quarterback Johnny Manziel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manti_Te'o#College_career_statistics

i have two eyes, he's not that good and he got completely owned against alabama and even against pitt with their shitty o line

why not post the wiki of the numerous heisman trophy winners that were "5 star" players out of high school that ended up doing nothing in the pros to help support your argument even more, for a player you probably never even watched play ::)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #195 on: January 29, 2013, 07:12:12 PM »

he left because belicheck didn't want him

he then went to minnesota and tennessee, they also didn't want him because he's washed up

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: January 29, 2013, 07:55:56 PM »
i have two eyes, he's not that good and he got completely owned against alabama and even against pitt with their shitty o line

why not post the wiki of the numerous heisman trophy winners that were "5 star" players out of high school that ended up doing nothing in the pros to help support your argument even more, for a player you probably never even watched play ::)

E

Earl here is what you said:

E

You're wrong.  The reason people know who he is in large part is because he's the most decorated defensive player in college football history.  Maybe he's not that good in your eyes (I use the eye test too), but the people voting for the Heisman (second place), Maxwell Award, Butkus Award, Lombardi Award, Walter Camp Award, etc., etc. disagree with you. 

He won those awards because he produced on the field, including having more INTs than any linebacker in Division I since 2001.  That kid is a beast.   

And I only mentioned the fact he was a top five recruit coming out of high school to help you understand why people knew who he was before all this fake girlfriend stuff.  He could have gone to any school in the country.   

He's also going to be a first round pick. 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: January 30, 2013, 02:02:03 PM »
"Cash money, homie!"

I think it was more about the money.  He would have wanted way too much.  The Patriots aren't about giving Afraud contracts. (I know they aren't guaranteed) Except the higher the total amount, the higher the guaranteed  :-X

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #198 on: January 30, 2013, 04:07:51 PM »
Earl here is what you said:

You're wrong.  The reason people know who he is in large part is because he's the most decorated defensive player in college football history.  Maybe he's not that good in your eyes (I use the eye test too), but the people voting for the Heisman (second place), Maxwell Award, Butkus Award, Lombardi Award, Walter Camp Award, etc., etc. disagree with you. 

He won those awards because he produced on the field, including having more INTs than any linebacker in Division I since 2001.  That kid is a beast.   

And I only mentioned the fact he was a top five recruit coming out of high school to help you understand why people knew who he was before all this fake girlfriend stuff.  He could have gone to any school in the country.   

He's also going to be a first round pick. 

do i really need to name all the losers that were given those awards in college?  i don't have all day so you can look them up yourself

he is only the "most decorated" because he plays at the most famous football school that was ranked number 1 in the country and he was their biggest name

if you truly believe he deserved all those awards you don't watch college football or you just watch the "name" schools like notre dame where all of their games are nationally televised

how many tackles did he have?  look that number up and tell me, we all know inside linebackers are supposed to have a lot of tackles

jadeveon clowney was the best defensive player in college football, but his team wasn't ranked high enough nor does south carolina have the publicity of notre dame

again i don't have all day to name all the first round busts, i will quit watching the steelers if they draft that clown in the first

E

E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: January 30, 2013, 06:28:13 PM »
do i really need to name all the losers that were given those awards in college?  i don't have all day so you can look them up yourself

he is only the "most decorated" because he plays at the most famous football school that was ranked number 1 in the country and he was their biggest name

if you truly believe he deserved all those awards you don't watch college football or you just watch the "name" schools like notre dame where all of their games are nationally televised

how many tackles did he have?  look that number up and tell me, we all know inside linebackers are supposed to have a lot of tackles

jadeveon clowney was the best defensive player in college football, but his team wasn't ranked high enough nor does south carolina have the publicity of notre dame

again i don't have all day to name all the first round busts, i will quit watching the steelers if they draft that clown in the first

E

Two issues.  The first is your claim that  the "only reason anybody knows who he is" is because of the fake girlfriend and his grandmother dying.  I just showed you how that's completely untrue.  That's why I referenced his awards, production, high school stuff, etc.  He has been one of the most talked about college football athletes since high school. 

The second is your claim that he isn't very good.  I'm not going to argue with that.  People can have different opinions about what they see.  If you've watched him play and think he's not very good, that's fine.  I happen to disagree.  So does pretty much everyone else who has watched him play.  But everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

I gave you his college stats already.  You obviously didn't read them if you're asking me how many tackles he had. 

Regarding whether he will be a good pro, that remains to be seen.  There are plenty of first round busts every year.  He could very well be one of them.  I doubt it, and I think he'll have a long career, but he could be a bust. 

He's a great kid.  I'll be rooting for him wherever he lands.