Author Topic: Adonis and the pussification of men  (Read 17578 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: Adonis and the pussification of men
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »
Meridian Sports Center, Fullerton CA

Come to me, bro!!!!

::)

literally, you're a bigger fag than "1", asking men on getbig to meet with you and rub nuts.    

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2012, 05:23:15 PM »
Adonis strikes me through his posts as an intelligent and weird guy; little too self obsessed but nothing that would make me hate him. He has vast knowledge about training and what I like the most, he approaches it in scientific, logical way. This may though drive morons crazy and make them throw arguments like "scientifically bees cant fly" which shows their ignorance and eventually just go after him in fury.

I do not understand what is this whole "lets find random information about a guy and post weird pictures of him".
Adonis is the kind of guy that beats his wife if the labels on the herbs and spices are not alphabetized and facing outward.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2012, 05:24:20 PM »
Adonis is the kind of guy that beats his wife if the labels on the herbs and spices are not alphabetized and facing outward.
:D
That kind of thing actually bothers me to no end.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »

literally, you're a bigger fag than "1", asking men on getbig to meet with you and rub nuts.    
I'd love to beat meet you one day.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2012, 05:31:22 PM »

Yes, exactly my thughts. Couldn't really express it better. Is there any word in English to describe such person?

Obessive-compulsive personality maybe, but it doesnt exactly grasp the essence of it.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2012, 05:33:55 PM »
:D
That kind of thing actually bothers me to no end.
Somehow I knew that. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2012, 06:38:03 PM »
That may be inaccurate regarding the same cognitive development as cavemen. Modern man may have developed a more sophisticated prefrontal cortex over time, which is the area of reasoning and logic.

If by 'cavemen' you mean something like Neanderthal, then there may well be substantive differences in cognitive equipment between them and us. But if you mean cavemen, i.e., early humans, then there can't be much difference, because by definition we've got the same genes as them (being the same species and all), and genes determine traits. Additionally, 100k years is a blink of an eye in evolutionary terms and, given that it tends to work very gradually, there are almost certainly no significant differences between us and the earliest humans.

Also, in my original post I said cognitive "equipment," not cognitive "development." Perhaps we've reached a higher level of cognitive development due to non-evolutionary factors like better nutrition and higher living standards, but it's still true that this is being eked out of the very same "equipment," or mental machinery, that the cavemen had.

So really, we're cavemen who are squeezing a bit more performance out of our brains than our old friends were able to, not fundamentally different beings than they.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2012, 06:51:18 PM »
Yes, exactly my thughts. Couldn't really express it better. Is there any word in English to describe such person?

Obessive-compulsive personality maybe, but it doesnt exactly grasp the essence of it.

autistic

nefario

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2012, 08:50:52 PM »
But if you mean cavemen, i.e., early humans, then there can't be much difference, because by definition we've got the same genes as them (being the same species and all), and genes determine traits.

Welllll, epigenetics, and more particularly the role of diet on epigenetic influences on evolution and germ line changes, almost certainly plays a role that is almost as important as genetics itself.  It definitely can't be glossed over, but given the fact that it's impossible to quantify the effects of differential methylation and higher order chromatin changes on brain functions of 75,000 year old skeletons, it's a bit of a black hole left open to conjecture.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2012, 09:03:58 PM »
Welllll, epigenetics, and more particularly the role of diet on epigenetic influences on evolution and germ line changes, almost certainly plays a role that is almost as important as genetics itself.  It definitely can't be glossed over, but given the fact that it's impossible to quantify the effects of differential methylation and higher order chromatin changes on brain functions of 75,000 year old skeletons, it's a bit of a black hole left open to conjecture.

why does a 75,000 year old skeleton have a functioning brain?

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2012, 09:09:31 PM »
After reading that adonis thread i am wondering why so many men have become pussies these days, I am an old school guy if you and i have a problem we take off our watches roll up over sleeves and go to the parking lot and settle it like gentlemen.

I see legal proceedings, fines, restrictions on your movements in your future.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2012, 09:19:52 PM »
I see legal proceedings, fines, restrictions on your movements in your future.

i just see more gimmickry on getbig in his future.

nefario

• Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2012, 09:45:40 PM »
why does a 75,000 year old skeleton have a functioning brain?

You're missing something there.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2012, 09:47:07 PM »
Meridian Sports Center, Fullerton CA

Come to me, bro!!!!

I'm your huckleberry...... ;D

Come to me bro!

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2012, 01:14:46 AM »

Welllll, epigenetics, and more particularly the role of diet on epigenetic influences on evolution and germ line changes, almost certainly plays a role that is almost as important as genetics itself.

As far as I'm aware, there is zero evidence that epigenetic influence survives across even a few generations of humans, let alone across evolutionary time (in any organism).* So on the face of it, positing genes as the causal variable responsible for mental mechanisms is the only sensible thing to do.

Once upon a time, there was an embryo named nefario. The reason the embryo developed into a human being capable of posting on getbig and not into a worm -- or a human being with the intelligence of a worm, ala Coach -- is certainly not due to environmental influence (nutrition, etc.). It is because of genes -- finite chunks of DNA that epigenitic processes can't change.

Given the ubiquity of human mental mechanisms, they have almost certainly been selected for. And it is genes that produce traits that are selected for and that are thus co-extensive with them. Given that we have the same genes as the cavemen, it follows we ought to have the same mental mechanisms. We may be wringing more computational work out of them now due to environmental factors, but they are still the same mechanisms.

*If you can PM me links to papers indicating otherwise I'd be happy to be wrong.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2012, 08:59:05 AM »
I'd love to beat your meat one day.

homo convict

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2012, 09:43:02 AM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2012, 09:51:06 AM »
I could understand being a mans man back in the 1400's. Those men were brutal, but they had to be.

We currently live in a civilized society. There is no reason to go walking around with a macho, tough guy attitude. We don't live in the 1400's, nor are we cavemen. I am not saying that men have to be weak and scared. However, this macho, tough guy attitude is such bullshit. Protect yourself and your family when needed, but not because you have to live up to a male persona. If the right authorities (police) could take care of a situation, why would I try to invite harm into my life for no good reason? I have logic and reasoning on my side. I don't need to live up to a certain male image.

Perfect post from a metrosexual and perfect example of male pussification.

The trainer is right and making excellent points.

Question: If your ass was getting beatdown, would you want someone to pull the person off of you then call the cops or call the cops then try and pull the person off of you?
sept 10th APF

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2012, 01:34:00 PM »
Fake cuban. ::)

"1" wants me to be fake so bad, but fortunately, i'm 1 of 4 children of two wonderful immigrates and their extended families.  try again, boss.  :)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2012, 01:35:22 PM »
Why is my name in this?  ???  I own firearms therefore I cannot be included in this!

you're the biggest fucking queer of all

pussy

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2012, 03:46:26 PM »
"1" wants me to be fake so bad, but fortunately, i'm 1 of 4 children of two wonderful immigrates and their extended families.  try again, boss.  :)
You're a wanna be Brazilian/Cuban/Afrikan/Mexican/whatever is popular at the moment.....you have no self identity and no self worth. You are nothing on the inside except a confused little boy looking for acceptance in some racial idiology that you don't really fit into because you refuse to accept the fact that you are just an American, nothing more. And you can thank your parents for that because they immigrated here then hatched you here. :(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bike nut

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2012, 06:00:51 PM »
You're a wanna be Brazilian/Cuban/Afrikan/Mexican/whatever is popular at the moment.....you have no self identity and no self worth. You are nothing on the inside except a confused little boy looking for acceptance in some racial idiology that you don't really fit into because you refuse to accept the fact that you are just an American, nothing more. And you can thank your parents for that because they immigrated here then hatched you here. :(

Someone needs an e-hug.......you should PM Will Grant!   ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2012, 06:16:32 PM »
Someone needs an e-hug.......you should PM Will Grant!   ;D
You're closer, why not come over and e-hug me right around the waist. :-*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bike nut

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2012, 06:43:43 PM »
You're closer, why not come over and e-hug me right around the waist. :-*

You're on tire flipper....I'll be in your neck of the woods soon. I will gladly swing by and pick up heavy things with a handsome man such as yourself

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2012, 08:52:38 PM »
Is anybody going to ship Josh a puppy to cuddle?   ;D