Author Topic: Canseco to McGwire: 'Sorry For Everything Mark'  (Read 7945 times)

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
Canseco to McGwire: 'Sorry For Everything Mark'
« on: September 14, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »
Jose Canseco went to Dodger Stadium to apologize to his former Bash Brother Mark McGwire.

Seated in a field box seat for Thursday's Dodgers-Cardinals game, the former slugger and admitted steroid user wore a black T-shirt that read: "Sorry For Everything Mark," an apparent reference to McGwire, who is currently the Cardinals hitting coach.

Canseco proclaimed McGwire, his former teammate with the Oakland Athletics, used steroids in his 2005 book, Juiced.

That revelation forced McGwire to testify in front of a congressional committee investigating steroid use in the game, leading to his famous "I'm not here to talk about the past" proclamation.

Which led to his unofficial black-balling from the game, his poor showing in Hall of Fame voting despite 583 career homers, and ultimately, his public acknowledgement he used steroids.

So yeah, you could say Canseco messed things up a bit for McGwire. Not sure if McGwire received, and accepted, the apology

POB

• Getbig IV
Re: Canseco to McGwire: 'Sorry For Everything Mark'
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 04:07:11 PM »
Cancecos a liar and a narc. I was amazed promoters let him hang out at expos

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 04:17:18 PM »
What's up with that poor Cuntseco dude...
Can somebody clear this up who's a baseball fan...?

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 04:18:03 PM »
Cancecos a liar and a narc. I was amazed promoters let him hang out at expos

this, he's a fucking scumbag. desparately trying to hang on to whatevers left of his 15 minutes.

tier 56

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 04:23:35 PM »
What's up with that poor Cuntseco dude...
Can somebody clear this up who's a baseball fan...?

sure, was a fucking stud player in the late 80's was juiced to the gills. played until the mid 90s i think, but dropped off dramatically. spent all his money of cocaine and dick.

wrote a book ratting everyone out for being juicers in order to stay int he limelight. desparate for attention and will do any reality show that calls.

i think he is now a on the has-been baseball circuit. making $5.96 a week. posts here as  "uberman"

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 05:00:33 PM »
sure, was a fucking stud player in the late 80's was juiced to the gills. played until the mid 90s i think, but dropped off dramatically. spent all his money of cocaine and dick.

wrote a book ratting everyone out for being juicers in order to stay int he limelight. desparate for attention and will do any reality show that calls.

i think he is now a on the has-been baseball circuit. making $5.96 a week. posts here as  "uberman"

Very interesting - thanks.
Once read in MD about him but since baseball is outside my radar I never really knew what to make of him.
I actually believed he fought Crocop wearing a wrestlers mask... in reality it was a south american wrestler  :D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 05:08:29 PM »

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 05:14:43 PM »
Steroid congressional hearings are a fucking joke... so insignificant.  The media wants you to focus on blather, nonsense and which hollywood slut threw up on Sunset Blvd.

Think about the bankers and politicians that created the whole economic shit storm we're in now.  Not one of them was arrested, tried or put in jail... NOT ONE.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 06:40:47 PM »
Steroid congressional hearings are a fucking joke... so insignificant.  The media wants you to focus on blather, nonsense and which hollywood slut threw up on Sunset Blvd.

Think about the bankers and politicians that created the whole economic shit storm we're in now.  Not one of them was arrested, tried or put in jail... NOT ONE.

good post. Or how they glossed over what happened to America during 9/11/2001

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 06:44:59 PM »
Canseco has a $7.99 dye job. Lovely.
a

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 06:51:23 PM »
Jose Canseco went to Dodger Stadium to apologize to his former Bash Brother Mark McGwire.

Seated in a field box seat for Thursday's Dodgers-Cardinals game, the former slugger and admitted steroid user wore a black T-shirt that read: "Sorry For Everything Mark," an apparent reference to McGwire, who is currently the Cardinals hitting coach.

Canseco proclaimed McGwire, his former teammate with the Oakland Athletics, used steroids in his 2005 book, Juiced.

That revelation forced McGwire to testify in front of a congressional committee investigating steroid use in the game, leading to his famous "I'm not here to talk about the past" proclamation.

Which led to his unofficial black-balling from the game, his poor showing in Hall of Fame voting despite 583 career homers, and ultimately, his public acknowledgement he used steroids.

So yeah, you could say Canseco messed things up a bit for McGwire. Not sure if McGwire received, and accepted, the apology

funniest part of the photo is that sociopaths don't have the ability to feel empathy or be sorry.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 06:57:03 PM »
Here's José recently:

I think he trains calves with Dexter.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 07:29:26 PM »
Canseco was fun to watch in the late '80's.  Steroids brought a lot of excitement to the game.   

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 07:35:15 PM »
Here's José recently:

I think he trains calves with Dexter.
he looks good,,big arms /lean.test levels have to be destroyed to 8yrld levels,,,

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 09:31:18 PM »
Canseco is in need of money and I think he's taking the Mike Tyson "amusing boob" approach.  It's weird and sad.

However,  back in the day Canseco was a monster baseball player and a total Boss.  He had the fastest bat speed and he hit the ball harder than anyone I ever saw.  Hit hit a homerun in Yankee Stadium so hard I thought the ball was going to explode.  He had the hottest chicks, the fastest cars and he didn't give a fuck so he was always pissing people off.  He was really fun to watch back then.  A serious recurring back problem really derailed his career.  His ability never fizzled out.  He just wasn't able to stay in the lineup so teams didn't want to risk paying a shit ton of money to a guy that might not make it a whole season.  That's what ushered him out of the MLB.  He got pissed off and wrote that book and the rest is history.  
Come at me Bro!

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 09:39:47 PM »
Bat speed still impressive:

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 09:53:35 PM »
The thing that always stood out about Canseco's homeruns was the sound his bat made when he hit the ball. 

Dude was a moster.
Come at me Bro!

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 01:50:51 AM »
Canseco is in need of money and I think he's taking the Mike Tyson "amusing boob" approach.  It's weird and sad.

However,  back in the day Canseco was a monster baseball player and a total Boss.  He had the fastest bat speed and he hit the ball harder than anyone I ever saw.  Hit hit a homerun in Yankee Stadium so hard I thought the ball was going to explode.  He had the hottest chicks, the fastest cars and he didn't give a fuck so he was always pissing people off.  He was really fun to watch back then.  A serious recurring back problem really derailed his career.  His ability never fizzled out.  He just wasn't able to stay in the lineup so teams didn't want to risk paying a shit ton of money to a guy that might not make it a whole season.  That's what ushered him out of the MLB.  He got pissed off and wrote that book and the rest is history.  

Agreed. Also loved Darryl Strawberry too, but his career also fizzled due to drugs.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 05:01:13 PM »
I'm fine with Canseco admitting his own use.   I never understood destroying the lives of others by releasing their names and stories. 

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 06:25:24 PM »
I'm fine with Canseco admitting his own use.   I never understood destroying the lives of others by releasing their names and stories. 
$$$$

he's doing mma now at 46 lol

actually quite talented as a boxer. just to old for it now.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 08:00:21 PM »
steroids are for queers

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 10:56:31 PM »
steroids are for queers

you have first hand experience I see

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 05:52:49 AM »
He's no joke in skill, just his life is...

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2012, 06:29:58 AM »
he fits right in with the bodybuilding community.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2012, 08:39:08 AM »
Damn...was 1988 THAT long ago???

Sucks to get old. :-[