Author Topic: Designer stubble?  (Read 33646 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Designer stubble?
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2012, 10:30:51 AM »
A) Women don't know much you make unless you tell them
B) she could be making more than you
C) if you do get the woman because of much you make, you just may lose the woman because of how much you make---I know of a man paying 24k a month in child support and still can't see his kids.
D) people need to stop focusing on that "one thing", there is no silver bullet. There are many paths to Rome. There are a multitude of different reasons, a shallow man will attract a shallow woman. So, if complain that all she was about was your money, that probably was all you let her know you were about.

Im assuming they are talking about 1 night stands, in which case a wallet full of money and expensive clothes usually help find those kind of women.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2012, 11:06:55 AM »
A) Women don't know much you make unless you tell them
B) she could be making more than you
C) if you do get the woman because of much you make, you just may lose the woman because of how much you make---I know of a man paying 24k a month in child support and still can't see his kids.
D) people need to stop focusing on that "one thing", there is no silver bullet. There are many paths to Rome. There are a multitude of different reasons, a shallow man will attract a shallow woman. So, if complain that all she was about was your money, that probably was all you let her know you were about.

Are you getting sanctimonious in a thread on how scurred men can make themselves prettier for women? By not shaving? Brother, please!

Let me answer:

1. yes they can. Your car/job/house are all clear indicators of net worth potential. Women who don't know how to spot this usually wind up with under-achieving men.
2. if she is, then she will value a like-minded individual who is career driven and can support her career ambitions by providing a robust contact network. Smart wealthy women don't shack up with dumb-assed kids. They do fuck them on the side though, so not all is lost for you panty-waisted nancy boys.
3. very true. But true for every one-sided reason a woman marries a man. If she marries you for looks, you will lose them. If she marries you for the size of your junk, you will get impotent. If she marries you for your sense of humor, life will jade you and rob you of it. If she marries you for excitment, she will tire of you and get bored. A woman knows why she marries a man. No one else. You can't help why she chose you. So money or not, it's irrelevant. Whatever you have that attracted her is fleeting. If love doesn't blossom from the union, then no amount of gilding the lilly will save it.
4. I completely agree. But we were talking about shaving. Which is dumb. And I just trolled. But you ruined my trolling. And now I'm angry about that and am melting down. Thanks bro-meo.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2012, 11:11:50 AM »
Women want the cock. plain and simple.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2012, 11:11:55 AM »
All corporate jobs don't necessarily adhere to the old school, stiff bullshit corporate standards.

I agree, true. But at some point those companies have to deal with companies that do have standards. And maybe those companies' are a customer.

So let's say you work for one of these "hey, we don't care if you shave" companies. And you're the senior VP of sales. And you have a meeting with your customer...it's Wal-Mart. In Bentonville. You know those people shave (FYI, in case you don't).

So, do you:

A) shave, because you know you're company standards are not the standards that corporate America plays by, and try to put your customer at ease
B) don't shave. Fuck Sam Walton and his gang. I'm going in hairy, and if they don't like me because of that, screw them and their money. Maybe they'll think I'm edgy.

I'll answer it for you. You didn't get to be a Sr VP by being a child and stand-off-ish. You'll shave.

So why bother growing it out? Just shave the damned thing if you have a job that's important.

If you drive a truck or work in a warehouse or at the IT help desk, then go ahead. But when you face forward for your company outside the building, you have to play ball with the common denominator.

Are you just trying to jerk my chain Grape?  ;D

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2012, 11:25:43 AM »
Lee Labrada once said this in a seminar: "You want to look tons better? Drop 10 pounds, get a tan, and a haircut".

He was right.

To the posters in this thread: do you people not have corporate jobs? You can't walk into a boardroom looking like you rolled out of bed with stubble on your face, or meet a client or vendor or customer without shaving. You look like a bum. I've never met one senior level executive that rocks the stubble at work on a weekday. Not saying they aren't out there, but if they are, I haven't met them. I've never once shown up into a boardroom with my customers in there and not shaved (and on the flip side, I've never seen a higher up in my customers' office not shaved). Why is that? Because if you have your shit together, you shave. You make sure everything is perfect. You are detail oriented. You don't roll out of bed and decide to go get a purchase order for 500K units.

And remember: executive level salary trumps stubble for picking up chicks.

Maybe in America it is like this, I don't know. Over here, a suit isn't a requirement, high level staff go to work in jeans and t-shirt, and I'm sure stubble would be no problem as well.

The whole suit thing is passé. You are judged on skill and performance, not on how you dress, at least in that domain you are.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2012, 11:27:05 AM »
A tan makes anyone look better.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2012, 11:49:09 AM »
Maybe in America it is like this, I don't know. Over here, a suit isn't a requirement, high level staff go to work in jeans and t-shirt, and I'm sure stubble would be no problem as well.

The whole suit thing is passé. You are judged on skill and performance, not on how you dress, at least in that domain you are.

Where is "over here"? And what "domain"?

A high-water mark is what the folks in the regional offices of Proctor & Gamble, Coca-Cola, or any large bank or investment brokerage dress (like Credit Suisse, etc...).

I agree with your statement though - nothing looks more out of place than a suit in a business casual environment. Dress to your company's culture or you risk being ostracized. If everyone just wears a t-shirt and jeans, then don't wear a $800 tailored jacket.

The suit thing isn't passe. On the contrary, it will always be in-style. But it has its place. For example, my customers and vendors in China ALWAYS wear suits. They would see my not wearing one as a massive sign of disrespect to their office and passion to drive their business.

I would never show up to an interview NOT wearing a suit. I will always wear a suit to my first visit to your office. I will always wear a suit to visit a customer. I will always wear a suit to visit a vendor. It's a show of respect. I might take the jacket and tie off in the meeting if it's a bit much. But my first impression will always be one of respect. You will never be at fault for over-dressing to your first meeting. You WILL be mis-judged if you under-dress for that first meeting. You can always take a jacket off and relax. You can't make jeans and a t-shirt look better if you misjudge the dress code your customers want from you.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2012, 12:19:16 PM »

A high-water mark is what the folks in the regional offices of Proctor & Gamble, Coca-Cola, or any large bank or investment brokerage dress (like Credit Suisse, etc...).

I agree with your statement though - nothing looks more out of place than a suit in a business casual environment. Dress to your company's culture or you risk being ostracized. If everyone just wears a t-shirt and jeans, then don't wear a $800 tailored jacket.

The suit thing isn't passe. On the contrary, it will always be in-style. But it has its place. For example, my customers and vendors in China ALWAYS wear suits. They would see my not wearing one as a massive sign of disrespect to their office and passion to drive their business.

I would never show up to an interview NOT wearing a suit. I will always wear a suit to my first visit to your office. I will always wear a suit to visit a customer. I will always wear a suit to visit a vendor. It's a show of respect. I might take the jacket and tie off in the meeting if it's a bit much. But my first impression will always be one of respect. You will never be at fault for over-dressing to your first meeting. You WILL be mis-judged if you under-dress for that first meeting. You can always take a jacket off and relax. You can't make jeans and a t-shirt look better if you misjudge the dress code your customers want from you.

You sound like a power bottom, Im getting a distinct Will Brink vibe from you.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2012, 12:58:58 PM »
You sound like a power bottom, Im getting a distinct Will Brink vibe from you.

Sorry to have ruffled your feathers, "Army of Bum".  No harm intended.

I guess they don't make you wear a suit to the soup kitchen down at the Church Shelter for battered husbands such as yourself, then?

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2012, 02:09:16 PM »

Being a salesman changes things, they are generally dressed business-style yes. But I can't imagine a well-groomed stubble beard to be seen as not acceptable. High level people have beards just as well.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2012, 07:30:24 PM »
zero stubble

weak jawline

skinny-fat  physique

most gorgeous human being to ever live (all homo)

so all you desperate betas with your studies on what women "like" can go eat a steaming bowl of fuck

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2012, 12:18:52 AM »

Depends on the business... My business it's perfectly acceptable to have stubble and the whole bit.

Other businesses are more classical in appearance and it would go over less enthusiastically.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2012, 12:40:43 AM »
Elvis is very classically handsome.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2012, 12:56:53 AM »
reading this thread made my estrogen levels rise.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2012, 12:57:11 AM »
Women want the cock. plain and simple.
Agreed.... and any woman i have pumped has always come back for seconds.. 8) but as i said before ..i am the "sexpert"...