Author Topic: Pat Casey: Proof that steroids are not needed (or wanted)  (Read 24240 times)

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
Re: Pat Casey: Proof that steroids are not needed (or wanted)
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2012, 11:36:11 AM »

Oh, one other thing. Physical strength and durability is, in a natural world, a more valuable commodity than is a ripped and sinewy body.

yeah, but since it's an "unnatural world," physical strength only benefits manual laborers... maybe.  Pretty sure the falcons of the world just stand all day using power tools.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2012, 11:36:32 AM »
I'm sure my obese nephew could put up some insane numbers as well. Let alone if he actually trained for some time. How much did Fat Casey weigh? Lifting heavy things becomes a lot easier if you weigh as much as you lift.

The statement above perfectly highlights how unknowledgable a great many of you truly are.

It's staggering, really.

When you're a weak person who can only kinda-sorta grasp a top elite poundage, you're best served to keep your mouth shut. You really have no idea.  

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2012, 11:39:04 AM »
The statement above perfectly highlights how unknowledgable a great many of you truly are.

It's staggering, really.

When you're a weak person who can only kinda-sorta grasp a top elite poundage, you're best served to keep your mouth shut. You really have no idea.  
Again, I'll quote the great Bob Chic: "It's not how much you lift, it's how much you look like you can lift."

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2012, 11:41:05 AM »
yeah, but since it's an "unnatural world," physical strength only benefits manual laborers... maybe.  Pretty sure the falcons of the world just stand all day using power tools.

Ah, you're a metro sexual. Got it.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2012, 11:42:26 AM »
Again, I'll quote the great Bob Chic: "It's not how much you lift, it's how much you look like you can lift."

I despise a man who would state such a thing.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2012, 02:11:13 PM »
Pat Casey. Now there's a man who had no intention of selling his asshole for a plastic BBing trophy.

Benched 425 @ 215, age 17. First to bench 500. First to bench 600. First to squat 800. First to total 2000. Better recognize!

Ok, in that case, ok  :)

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2012, 02:13:01 PM »

It's staggering, really.

I've seen it happen several times, an obese guy walks into a gym for the first time and does a rep with 405, what is to understand? If you weigh 405, it is not a feat.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2012, 02:06:49 AM »
Test was being played with as far back as 1938...

http://endo.endojournals.org/content/23/2.toc

There was a book about it also in the late 30's (test therapy), so Reeves could have used. No one knows..

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2012, 02:23:42 AM »
I've seen it happen several times, an obese guy walks into a gym for the first time and does a rep with 405, what is to understand? If you weigh 405, it is not a feat.

lol

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2012, 02:52:06 AM »
When did Reeves say he juiced? I have never heard that. He was built pre World War II when he was 16 years old. During the war he kept a 110 pound barbell with him  that he used to rep out with when he was stationed in the Pacific during world war II and he was built. The first anabolic steriod was made was in the late 1950's. The only thing they had back then was straight test and I have never read anywhere that any lifter was using it for building muscle prior to the 60's. The first written case for straight testosterone for sports were the Russian olympic lifters in the late 50's and early 60's. Show me anything written in the 40's of bodybuilders using drugs. There isn't any.
Reeves himself mentioned in an interview regarding guys in his gym as a kid asking if he juiced.
Musclemag magazine. The monthly interview feature they did on people. It was a nice long feature, where reeves detailed his diet, training, and thoughts Some time in early 90s, maybe 1992 He jokes that the guys asked him him if he was on the juice, he said he thought they meant orange juice, this was when he was a kid, a teen.

Are you looking for footage where during an outake of filming hercules, reeves turns to the camera and suddenly confesses anabolic use? That was unlikely to happen, since all bodybuilders lie about their use

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2012, 03:10:21 AM »
Reeves himself mentioned in an interview regarding guys in his gym as a kid asking if he juiced.
Musclemag magazine. The monthly interview feature they did on people. It was a nice long feature, where reeves detailed his diet, training, and thoughts Some time in early 90s, maybe 1992 He jokes that the guys asked him him if he was on the juice, he said he thought they meant orange juice, this was when he was a kid, a teen.

Are you looking for footage where during an outake of filming hercules, reeves turns to the camera and suddenly confesses anabolic use? That was unlikely to happen, since all bodybuilders lie about their use

QFT
North of Italy

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2012, 03:11:38 AM »
Test was being played with as far back as 1938...

http://endo.endojournals.org/content/23/2.toc

There was a book about it also in the late 30's (test therapy), so Reeves could have used. No one knows..

Yes, synthetic test was available in the 1930s

But I'm sure all the York guys, including Grimek all knew and had access to, but due to their deep moral fibres, and cast in stone iron resolve, solely relied upon God-given genetics and pure hard work-ethic, shunning such advances in the supplementation of muscle-building.

Please understand, steroids were not immoral, illegal, nor cheating then. Only around the 60s did weider and lurie start the propaganda, to go along with moral issues. What I'm saying is they were doing "nothing wrong". But obviously, post 1982, steroids became evil, and NOBODY would ever admit, and if too obvious or caught out, they'd say they took a little once, deep into their career, it did nothing for them, and they only did it because everyone else was.
And that, is how pearl(5mg nilevar once), scott(5mg dbol once) park, reeves, grimek, became pure, unadulterated deities of the physique world. Such genetics and what morals. Wow.

There is no way they would ever admit it. Just like if you go and ask phil heath or jay cutler now, they can't admit it, and won't.

ukjeff

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2012, 09:38:21 AM »
There is no way they would ever admit it. Just like if you go and ask phil heath or jay cutler now, they can't admit it, and won't.

Pretty much admitted it there didnt he?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2012, 09:34:24 AM »

Bob Kennedy knew Reeves and told me point-blank that Steve used.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2012, 09:35:48 AM »

HORSESHIT

It's an extremely RARE man who, overweight or not, can press 400 pounds without considerable training.

You're so out to lunch, buddy.   

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2012, 09:52:29 AM »
and contracts

Yes, the "weider lifestyle" clashes with anabolic use

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2012, 09:57:19 AM »
Bob Kennedy knew Reeves and told me point-blank that he Steve used.

Were you personally surprised to hear this? You're a smart guy with extensive  knowledge of weight training and an inside view for many years, serious question.

Did bob kennedy elaborate?

Big Dave.

• Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2012, 10:05:09 AM »
So I'm assuming you're outbenching his numbers?

Its Bodybuilding not powerlifting. Most fat people who lift seriously, can lift heavy. doesnt make me wanna be fat tho!

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2012, 10:08:36 AM »

"I mighty Hercules will now subdue you with my chemically enhanced muscles and suck your cock, you will like it very much, of this i am certain".

One of the many scenes from Hercules and the minotaur. An early exploration of forced gay bestiality, within ancient Greek society.
Trans Milkshake.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2012, 10:13:44 AM »
HORSESHIT

It's an extremely RARE man who, overweight or not, can press 400 pounds without considerable training.

You're so out to lunch, buddy.   

How many 400 lb men have you seen benching at the gym?

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2012, 10:41:55 AM »

"I mighty Hercules will now subdue you with my chemically enhanced muscles and suck your cock, you will like it very much, of this i am certain".

One of the many scenes from Hercules and the minotaur. An early exploration of forced gay bestiality, within ancient Greek society.

Directors cut ?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2012, 11:48:49 AM »
I’m possibly one of the very few GetBiggers who knew Reeves  before he became a movie star and who worked with him while he was still among the living.

It’s my personal opinion that Steve never took roids.

And that opinion is based on many reasons … one of which I’ll mention here.

1.   The ‘times’ were different then and as FIGO stated earlier,  “ …….. steroids were not immoral, illegal, nor cheating then.”, so if anyone used roids during those early days, some of the ‘users’ would hold their use as a  secret in an effort to have a winning edge/advantage over their competitors.; but not due to any preconceived notion of immorality, illegality, nor cheating..

The subject of roid usage was an open book and admitted openly by most anyone using them back then.

And let me assure you that Reeves told me personally that he had never taken roids and forecast that they would be (or were) the ‘ruination of bodybuilding’. He stated this to me personally about three (3) years before he passed away.

Back then the AMA insisted that steroids had no beneficial affect on the human body when it came to increased muscle mass or athletic performance.

In fact the doctors I was familiar with had to ask the bodybuilders and weight lifters about their steroid use advantages due to their own unfamiliarity with the subject which was apparently not covered in medical school.

But a small group of early day Olympic lifters had another opinion  ..... and you will soon be reading a book on this very subject written by an active participant.

I’ll drop that subject now because even though I know the story, I was not there to witness the actual events …. I hate writing stuff I was not involved with but this forthcoming book is going to be very interesting and will answer lots of questions posed by many Getbiggers.

OLDTIMER – I like what you said and how you said it but I think I disagree a bit regarding your  1950’s/1960’s ‘roid knowledge’.

I’m no longer up to date on this era of streroid usage so you might have to excuse me for questioning your expertise but I believe some form of anabolics was used to treat burn patients during WWII  

I am been told by reliable individuals that such treatment was beneficial for the recovery of military personal who suffered severe  b urns while fighting in the Pacific during the early 1940’s.

And it was discovered that  that treatment was more beneficial than was initially expected.  

More to follow if there is any interest.

Photo  is Tripler Army Hospital in Hawaii where Pacific Campaign WWII patients recovered

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2012, 12:34:28 PM »
Top info Stunt!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2012, 12:39:47 PM »
Thanks, Bruce! There's more but I gotta think and make some phone calls to  a couple of others who knew SR and other stuff that may be of interest.

Most GetBiggers are seeing the past through eyes of the present (their present eye-balls) but it's a completely different world today.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2012, 08:07:26 PM »
How many 400 lb men have you seen benching at the gym?

Not many, but I have seen quite a few 300-pounders of pure fat and they rarely push more than 185 in total shit fashion.

Hope this helps.