Author Topic: Pat Casey: Proof that steroids are not needed (or wanted)  (Read 24228 times)

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

Pat Casey: Proof that steroids are not needed (or wanted)
« on: September 16, 2012, 08:21:32 AM »

Before steroids.

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

Re: Pat Casey: Proof that steroids are not needed (or wanted)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 08:23:05 AM »

bigjim

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 08:23:38 AM »

Before steroids.

Well hes hardly mr olympia is he now

Oh yeah looks like shit hope this helps

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 08:24:09 AM »

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 08:25:23 AM »

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 08:27:25 AM »

This man would snap the neck of chocolate bunny "Mr. O" Phil Heath.

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 09:31:13 AM »
yeah everyone can become a massively overweight, borderline obese, waterlooged fatzo naturally.

steroids are used in order to build lean muscle, not bloat.

whats new?
So I'm assuming you're outbenching his numbers?

Wolfsanglerune

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 09:33:19 AM »
your mentally ill if you think hes not used steroids.
goof ball.

ukjeff

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 09:35:46 AM »

If it was being strong and looking fit and healthy I know what I would choose.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 09:40:13 AM »
Thanks BLS for posting those beautiful pics of the Legend himself.
North of Italy

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 09:47:15 AM »
His best lifts were done late 60's - early 70's. Also he's #330 - 340 in many pictures, so he's holding the weight well. Also, steroids or not, he was physically a large man, here's a pic a bit before he died -

Also in the pic is George Frenn, another famous powerlifter that passed.

Casey was a terrible smoker, and passed of lung cancer I believe.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 09:49:30 AM »
Never saw that pic BB, also didn't know PC was a smoker.
North of Italy

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 10:01:33 AM »
Some people think just because a pic is black & white, its pre-steroids, and everyone had morals, there was no crime, it was a perfect world with the birds chirping and flowers blossoming. Like every other Ironage forum member

Reeves himself mentioned in an interview regarding guys in his gym as a kid asking if he juiced. Reeves, Park, Grimek, yes, all the holier than thou names used

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 10:11:29 AM »
gross.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 10:15:25 AM »
we need 15 to come on over here and tell us pat's stack, so that he can con us into buying some of his gear :D :D :D

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 10:30:09 AM »
naturals who are deluded about whats possible, these are amongst the dumbest, most ignorant people walking earth.

Do you mean the people that believe that selective God given genes were attributed to some, and due to that and their super human work ethic and clean living, they achieved feats that are normally reserved for a chemically enhanced elite ?

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 10:31:03 AM »
we need 15 to come on over here and tell us pat's stack, so that he can con us into buying some of his gear :D :D :D
^^
THIS is why I LOVE GetBig... ;D

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 10:41:16 AM »
Never saw that pic BB, also didn't know PC was a smoker.

Yeah, I remember a joke he made that he'd go running for cardio, and then smoke afterward.

As far as steroids, yes, he probably used, he was a star in powerlifting then, and he was very much a part of the scene with Bill Pearl, and other name lifters and strongmen, so he wasn't just some farmer that came out of the woods one day. Also he was great across all three lifts which is rare for a natural, he was the first to squat 800lbs plus, and also the first to go over #2000 in total.

Also, just from a personal experience, late in his career, he spoke of wanting to give up the life style because his heath was bothering him, usually life style is code for other things.

P.S. - he was also a competitive bodybuilder early on, while not great, he did place decently.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 10:42:23 AM »
BB LEX, Thanks for posting those Casey photos. I was no further than 10 feet away when a couple of those shots were taken.

So I hope you don’t mind if I take some time and space to “remenis’. (I can’t spell ‘reminis” .... but it does mean a humble attempt to recall some good old days and good old people most of whom  have long passed away ..... so I may not be as accurate at reminiscing as I use to be.)

But I did know Pat and some of his friends back then in the early 1960's when Wes was most likely a ‘twinkel in his old man’s eye’.  I think that’s an old time Irish saying.

Anyway it was a sunny Saturday morning and I was stationed at Camp Pendleton with a 48 hour pass , got up early, and started the short drive down to San Diego to watch some big kid attempt to set a new 600 pound bench press record in some SD Police Academy “Gym”  close to the San Diego Zoo  - which becomes somewhat of intertest later on in this storty.

Some of you GetBiggers have read my shit before – so I gotta ask ya not to disclose the ending,

I was there because I happened to be a strong kid from many years of climbing very tall trees (but never Redwoods because they were ‘sacred’ among my Indian tribe friends) and lifting heavy things before, during, and after school; so I was there to see if any human being could actually bench-press 600 pounds; and possibly be an active witness to ‘Odd Lift History”.

If I recall this moment of history correctly, this big kid by the name of ‘Pat’ was going to make a 600 pound bench attempt and set a new record which would b e accepted or rejected by whomever ran the selection/rejection process in them good old days.

This 600 pound attempt was going to be ‘attempted’ in a small area that appeared to be the Police Academy locker room with one 10x10 area  reserved for a wobbily bench (see photo) and an Olympic bar and numerous 45 pound plates that were more or less 45 pounds each.

The AAU wasn’t involved because they were only interested in bodybuilding if it was held in support of local Olympic Lifting contests, and the IFBB was just a fledging baby in numerous P.O. Boxes throughout the civilized and uncivilized world where some local kid would stop by and pick up a letter or two each month addressed to someone named IFBB.

And the NPC was still unborne and wasn’t  even a ‘twinkle’ in anyone’s eye just yet.

So I don’t even know if this was sanctioned or if the ‘judges’ were ‘official’ but I will admit that everyone was damn serious with one particular goal in mind … getting Pat psyched up to set a record!

And I forget the details but Pat did manage to get his 600 pound bench and it looked damn good to me.

No arch in his back.
Arms fully extended.
Both feet on the floor.
Etc, Etc.

But what the hell did I know about officiating!?

I was just a kid who liked to lift heavy things and see others who could lift heavier things than I could lift. And I had to leave Pendleton and go to San Diego to see that happen  because climbing trees at an early age (No Redwoods, Chief!) caused me to respect thoese few individuals who were stronger than myself  … as well as those individuals who made every attempt to become just as strong.

And to this very day .... I still respect them. Natural or Supernatural ... it makes no difference to me at all.

Yada, yada, yada.

So I only realized that Pat had a last name immediately after he set that new bench press record..

And although I’ve forgotten most of the finer details of that day, I’lll always remembetr that the lion made a tremendous ROAR as soon as Pat Casey made that lift.

And most of us followed suit and roared as well because someone was able to do what back then was tought to be  impossible to get done and PC let us know what could be done ……  If one really wanted to “DONE IT”!

BB LEX, you are most definitely INCORRECT about your pre-steroid statement.

I don’t recall the exact dates those photos were taken but I’m gonna guess around 1962 – 63 when I could walk into any drug store and purchase a bottle of D-Bol (I think it was D-Bol) without a prescription.

And it the early 60’s in SoCal the roids were just starting to become in vogue among the very few individuals who lifted heavy things on a daily basis.

Thiose were the good old days of Bill “Peanuts” West, George Frenn, Rev Zuver, the Dungeon, Pearl, Hoffman, Mabel and Perry, Joe and Ben and so many others whom I also knew but presently cannot recall.

Each of them were major contributors to what you all seem to love or hate so venhemently today, (I can’t sell that word either.)

I could tell ya so much more but …. Then I’d have to shoot ya!

Thanks , BB LEX!

Cliff Notes are $10 each

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 11:00:42 AM »
Steroids do waaay less for strength than they do for muscle hypertrophy...

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 11:18:31 AM »
dear retarded "bodybuilder lex reeves"....

i dont give the slightest shit about what i bench, i train for a lean and muscular physique, not to be an obese looking guy who can claim some meaningless bench number.

now what makes you think id care what this enourmously out of shape person lifts?

he looks like someone shat 300lbs of diarhhea into a condom

teh funny

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2012, 01:54:16 PM »
Its true, most of us could look that fat and gain strength every workout by eating like a fat man but thats not exactly why most people lift! Yes its good to soothe the ego by heavy benching at times but most people lift to look better , not to be a fat guy who is super strong! Props to this guys strength but it really means nothing in life how strong you are! It wont make you a great fighter,wont make you get women, and it sure wont win you a bodybuilding contest....

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 02:07:20 PM »
Generally the strength adjustment for a steroid user in the power sports is something like -

25% give or take in Powerlifting.

15% Olympic lifting.

10% Throwing.

Generally the more complex a task, the less steroids help, but they still do help.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2012, 02:18:35 PM »
A gallon of milk a day and enough dbol to kill a horse could have most people putting up some big numbers, but Casey was genetically super gifted for strength as well as being an oral and bacon loaded bloat-pig

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2012, 02:28:41 PM »
A gallon of milk a day and enough dbol to kill a horse could have most people putting up some big numbers, but Casey was genetically super gifted for strength as well as being an oral and bacon loaded bloat-pig

well if he would have injected 15's gh then he would have been a ripped and gnarly beast making all pussies dripping wet