Author Topic: Bacteriostatic water - out till 2013?  (Read 5595 times)

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
Bacteriostatic water - out till 2013?
« on: September 16, 2012, 10:36:59 PM »
Hey guys,  I found out that there is some kind of shortage and most of the medical supply places do not have bacteriostatic sodium chloride for injection or water till 2013.  However, I did find a few places that have plain sodium chloride for injection.  Can that be used instead? 

I was curious since it is just missing the benzyl alcohol to fight bacteria, but ... since it is all sterile and goes in the fridge.... used up quick....like vial a week...  Would it hurt?   ???

I did find this and it indicated it was ok:

http://buypeptides.org/syringes-water.html

What do you guys think?

BOW

• Getbig III
Re: Bacteriostatic water - out till 2013?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 11:17:57 PM »
refrigeration only slows growth of pathogenic organism so without the bacteriostatic agent, more than 3-4 days in the refridgerator carries a risk. just heat some distilled water til it boils for 5-10 min, buy bac. alcohol and add 0.9% to your desired volume of water and sterile filter preferably with 0.1-0.22 micron filter.

BOW

• Getbig III

whitewidow

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 02:58:48 AM »
You cant buy bacteriostic water at your local walgreens or any other pharmacy in your state? They let people buy bacteriostic water in my state at the pharmacy just like you can buy syringes.

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 06:51:51 AM »
refrigeration only slows growth of pathogenic organism so without the bacteriostatic agent, more than 3-4 days in the refridgerator carries a risk. just heat some distilled water til it boils for 5-10 min, buy bac. alcohol and add 0.9% to your desired volume of water and sterile filter preferably with 0.1-0.22 micron filter.

Sounds like bac is the only way to go.  Thought of trying a home brew like this.  Thanks for the other link.

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 06:53:07 AM »
You cant buy bacteriostic water at your local walgreens or any other pharmacy in your state? They let people buy bacteriostic water in my state at the pharmacy just like you can buy syringes.

I don't think I can in my state.   :-\  I did find some online but it was like 14 bucks a bottle.

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 11:23:30 AM »
i know here in cali you cant. i just jack some from the hospital when ever i have to give an injection that requires it.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 12:16:35 PM »
Any difference between vet sterile water and human sterile water (for injection) besides just labeling? I get it from amazon.com and vet water is much cheaper. Nothing listed any differently on bottle.

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 12:20:53 PM »
Any difference between vet sterile water and human sterile water (for injection) besides just labeling? I get it from amazon.com and vet water is much cheaper. Nothing listed any differently on bottle.

I was wondering about this too.  I found a couple sites that had it in stock and not much left.  So I ordered a few bottles even though it was highway robbery prices.  Otherwise lots of medical supply places are saying out till 2013 with hundreds of cases on back order.  Seems to only be a couple of major vendors that they all use.  Wonder what happened?  Some Timaaay like pee'd in the vats or what?   :o

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 06:35:44 PM »

Same stuff.

8)

darkrid3r

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 07:44:41 AM »
Jam has you bang on, just make it.

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 07:50:56 AM »
LOL - it is probably best I don't "make" anything.  I can managed to screw up like pop tarts.  ha ha ha ha  ;D