Author Topic: Arms have grown, simple reason  (Read 7488 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Arms have grown, simple reason
« on: September 17, 2012, 03:28:29 PM »
instead of doing 3 exercises for bis i now do one, barbell curls, 2 warm up sets 3 working then a drop set. No other shit. Since this my arms have grown.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Arms have grown, simple reason
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 03:32:57 PM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 03:36:33 PM »
instead of doing 3 exercises for bis i now do one, barbell curls, 2 warm up sets 3 working then a drop set. No other shit. Since this my arms have grown.

and i bet that your barbell curl training load increased, yes?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 04:12:24 PM »

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 04:23:15 PM »

Don't worry... your arms will get used to that after 2-3 workouts.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 04:55:57 PM »
its better you just lift the weight and put it away somewhere so to avoid the eccentric part of the lift to not overtrain as some experts claim
A

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 05:13:25 PM »

good post, what the hell is the point of doing 5 exercises of the same exact shit?

"hits it from different angles"

"maximum sarcomere activation"

"keeps the muscle guessing"

retarded prejudice on top of retarded prejudice!  have these people ever TRIED doing just one type of curl?  of course not, too mortified of losing "gains" ::)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 05:17:48 PM »
some say its best to just focus on one  heavy exercise but do less arm movements during the day to keep muscles growing
A

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 05:39:48 PM »

all nano-vapor and muscletech products
all drugs - TPPIIP

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 09:42:09 PM »
Don't worry... your arms will get used to that after 2-3 workouts.

That's why the amount of sets and volume should increase over time.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 09:45:49 PM »
good post, what the hell is the point of doing 5 exercises of the same exact shit?

"hits it from different angles"

"maximum sarcomere activation"

"keeps the muscle guessing"

retarded prejudice on top of retarded prejudice!  have these people ever TRIED doing just one type of curl?  of course not, too mortified of losing "gains" ::)
training to be a professional bodybuilder is different than training to be strong and look good for everyday life. first of all, the first kind of training involves drugs. lol. training becomes different on drugs. feeling the muscle working, hitting it from different angles, etc. these things become much more productive.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 11:20:01 PM »
i'm willing to bet my entire life savings that if phil heath did nothing but ez bar curls and skull crushers for the rest of his life, no one would know the difference.

luckily i only have about $200 in the bank right now :D

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 11:27:45 PM »

It is good to realize that in the bodybuilding less could be more like you did. That is good starting point. You also need to understand why. Compare how many reps you did in your previous training, and how many you do now. In my own training I have seen same thing. For bicep I do 3 exercises, but only 5 sets including warm up, and my bicep grow better than ever. After light warm up set I start with the concentration curl with supination for two sets both arms. Then set of the barbell curls, hammer curls, or the dumbbell curls sitting down. Then I do some high pulley curls for maximize the pump in my  biceps. Amount of reps is the key point. I see every day how people do four to six exercises for bicep, and in every exercise they have at least three sets and ten reps. That adds up to 180 reps for bicep. What I do is under 40, with warm up something like 50-60. I use the strength of the muscle, not cheating, and my upper arm grow better than ever. You should use variation with those second and third exercise, so you don't hit the plateau.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 12:07:20 AM »
i'm willing to bet my entire life savings that if phil heath did nothing but ez bar curls and skull crushers for the rest of his life, no one would know the difference.

luckily i only have about $200 in the bank right now :D
safe bet

I built exactly the same size using both complex high volume routines or curling 35 lbs 3 sets x 15 reps twice a week. Drugs did the job, the stimuli is irrelevant as long there is some stimuli.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 06:18:17 AM »
I do two exercises for biceps and two for triceps. No need to do a ton of shit IMO. I do a drop set on each and knock out arms in 20 min

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 09:13:40 AM »
No need to perform 20 sets......when 10 sets gets the job done.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 09:37:42 AM »
you need to believe they will grow

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 10:04:38 AM »

All I ever do for bis is the nautilus high angled curls and palms up close grip pulldowns, one warm up set and one working set of each. Try it pre-exhaust and tell me you don't get dramatic results.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 12:54:51 PM »
All I ever do for bis is the nautilus high angled curls and palms up close grip pulldowns, one warm up set and one working set of each. Try it pre-exhaust and tell me you don't get dramatic results.

how much arm size did you gain with that protocol?

and how much did you training weights increase?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 01:22:32 PM »
A great machine I used it for a number of years.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 01:30:40 PM »
Yes NHACM (Nautilus high angle curl machine) was great.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 04:13:04 AM »
you need to believe they will grow

Yes

And spend at least 20 mins a day meditating in a dark room with a candle illuminated corner, containing a Heath shrine

Then, you will see results

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 08:23:34 AM »
how much arm size did you gain with that protocol?

and how much did you training weights increase?

I had 14 inch arms (shredded mind you) at 17 when I started training and I'm 24 with about 18 1/2 relaxed. I couldn't even compare how much the weight has increased tbh. For an idea of strength increase, I could do 1 deadlift with 140kg at 17 and have recently done 15 reps of 3/4 deads (in the rack with the pin set at the shins/knee) with 220kg, included lengthy negatives on each rep i.e 5 seconds plus on each rep.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 08:24:33 AM »
phil could do 2 loads of laundry a day and still have better arms than anyone on getbig.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2012, 10:12:47 AM »
I had 14 inch arms (shredded mind you) at 17 when I started training and I'm 24 with about 18 1/2 relaxed. I couldn't even compare how much the weight has increased tbh. For an idea of strength increase, I could do 1 deadlift with 140kg at 17 and have recently done 15 reps of 3/4 deads (in the rack with the pin set at the shins/knee) with 220kg, included lengthy negatives on each rep i.e 5 seconds plus on each rep.
Excellent. How many days do a week do you train PJim, I think you follow principles correct? Every workout a person should try to increase if you dont over training is suspect. Your thoughts?