Author Topic: Keto Idea..?  (Read 10228 times)

booty

• Getbig V
Re: Keto Idea..?
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 05:46:51 PM »
hahah its called a headache. women always exagerate headaches and call them migranes

but yes low or no sugars will give you a headache and throw off your rhythm
Well it was more than a headache.  Headaches don't last 4 or 5 days.  Then I ate some grapes and voila headache disappeared.  Even panadeine didn't get rid of my headache.  That's the body letting you know when something doesn't sit well with it. 

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 06:34:27 PM »
The whole keto stick thing is bullshit IMO.  Think about it, the sticks measure the concentration of ketones in the urine.  Now, if you are drinking a lot of water/lquids your urine will be dilute.  Soooo dilute urine = less concentration of ketones.

Those who mention headaches during ketogenic diets are usually experiencing them as a result of lack of hydration.  I am sure many will say "I drank a ton of water", and that may be so, but that is typically the reason.  Here is a nice explanation :

Serotonin seems to have a central role in headache pain (nociception). Migraines are linked to too little serotonin activity resulting in vasodilation and tension headaches are linked to too much serotonin activity resulting in vasoconstriction.  Abnormalities in magnesium or calcium availability also tend to adversely affect blood vessels in the brain ability to contract and dilate appropriately.

Going on any variant of low-carb dieting causes serotonin activity to drop off because of how the how the blood-brain barrier works and the decreased availability of the amino acid tryptophan. When blood sugar goes up, insulin is released which causes most other amino-acids to be taken up from the blood stream by muscle tissue, but not tryptophan (reference). The resulting high ratio of tryptophan in the blood stream allows it to cross the blood-brain barrier preferentially which makes it more available to be converted to serotonin (and later to melatonin). Hence, less carbs in the diet leads to less insulin which leads to less serotonin. This could cause vasocongestive type headaches.

I respectfully disagree with your thesis.  I find keto sticks work great.  Just don't use them after downing a ton of water and you will not have dilute issues.  The headaches are being dramatized in this thread.  They go away after a couple days then you feel great.  Just natural response to the body withdrawing from something it has had a long time (carbs).  I highly recommend keto sticks for anyone going on a ketogenic diet. 

LetItRock

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 06:48:48 PM »
  The headaches are being dramatized in this thread.  They go away after a couple days then you feel great.  Just natural response to the body withdrawing from something it has had a long time (carbs).  I highly recommend keto sticks for anyone going on a ketogenic diet. 

I have read it somewhere that Headaches and/or general lethargy from low carb before getting strong and feeling awesome are body changing the energy source from carbs to fats??? I am not sure whether it is true or not.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 06:51:23 PM »
I have read it somewhere that Headaches and/or general lethargy from low carb before getting strong and feeling awesome are body changing the energy source from carbs to fats??? I am not sure whether it is true or not.

Probably true, would make perfect sense.  Anyone who has gone true low carb knows the energy rush you get when your energy source completely switches to burning fat for energy.  Along with several other benefits. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 06:59:42 PM »
worrying about staying in ketosis is misguided, pip

if low carbs works best for you then do low carbs

but theres no reason why eating a moderate amount of carbs will slow fat loss. so long as total calories are the same, a diet with a little bit of carbs as opposed to no carbs at all should probably result in a little more fullness in the muscles and thus a little more muscle retention and fat burning as well.

on an unrelated side note, an interested fact is that so long as your burning bodyfat your body will be producing ketones! ketones are just a by product of fat metabolism. the state of "ketosis", where the brain switches from glucose to ketones for fuel, only spares about 20 grams of glucose per day and so long as you ate sufficient protein that isnt an issue anyways. (as protein will be converted to glucose in order to meet that glucose demand)

Thank you tbombz, I appreciate it!

I apologize, you're not as irritating as you use to be!!!  ;D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 07:00:37 PM »
I just ate a bowl of pasta for dinner.  I wanted to rub that in PIP.   ;D

hahah!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2012, 07:02:20 PM »
Read about TKD (timed ketogenic diets) or CKD (cyclical ketogenic diets) and you will have your answers.  Prolonged ketogenic diets have the potential of slowing thyroid output.  Read about all this on Lyle McDonalds website.

Thank you!

if you eat really almost zero carbs daily , you can easily eat 50-100 gramms sugar any time of the day and it wont add any fat to you and youl be back into fatburning mode within hours.

infact , i think simple sugars are better under those circumstances than slow released carbs.

the sugar gets in and out quickly, while complex carbs will hinder fatloss for longer.

Thank you everyone, you're all the bomb.com!!!

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 07:06:14 PM »
hahah!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Oh yes I did and I enjoyed every mouthful.   :P  I hate keto, it's the fastest way to lose muscle mass and get all stringy looking.  It's not something you can substain either.  I have seen people get fatter after going off keto. 
I love carbs especially for adding lean muscle mass.  I use carb cycling and eat my starchy carbs such as rice at the beginning of the day and then at night switch over to steamed green veges and some source of protein such as fish or chicken.  Of course currently I am just eating what ever I like, not being real strict but when I want to be strict I will do my carb cycling.  I will not give them up completely, it's muscle and strength suicide!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 07:09:27 PM »
Oh yes I did and I enjoyed every mouthful.   :P  I hate keto, it's the fastest way to lose muscle mass and get all stringy looking.  It's not something you can substain either.  I have seen people get fatter after going off keto.  
I love carbs especially for adding lean muscle mass.  I use carb cycling and eat my starchy carbs such as rice at the beginning of the day and then at night switch over to steamed green veges and some source of protein such as fish or chicken.  Of course currently I am just eating what ever I like, not being real strict but when I want to be strict I will do my carb cycling.  I will not give them up completely, it's muscle and strength suicide!

With about a years experience lifting, around 2004 (15 or 16 years old) I tried a low carb/keto diet.  I felt depressed as fuck, headache, dizzy, etc...  Tried it again a few months later, same result.  Gave up both times within 3 days.

Tried again in the last couple years or so and now it works like a fucking dream for me.  I've done this a few times, and I have absulutly no cravings, no fatigue, skin gets extremely clear, focus better, no problems what so ever.  I go crazy carbing up on Sunday.

io856

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2012, 07:11:52 PM »

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2012, 07:26:33 PM »
Oh yes I did and I enjoyed every mouthful.   :P  I hate keto, it's the fastest way to lose muscle mass and get all stringy looking.  It's not something you can substain either.  I have seen people get fatter after going off keto. 
I love carbs especially for adding lean muscle mass.  I use carb cycling and eat my starchy carbs such as rice at the beginning of the day and then at night switch over to steamed green veges and some source of protein such as fish or chicken.  Of course currently I am just eating what ever I like, not being real strict but when I want to be strict I will do my carb cycling.  I will not give them up completely, it's muscle and strength suicide!

Wrong-o on losing muscle.  Show the proof.   Also, there is ZERO proof to that broscience view of eating starchy carbs early and not at night. 

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2012, 07:26:55 PM »
yeah, the headache and mental feeling of weakness will go away after couple  days, dont be pussies, cept booty, whos supposed to be one in the first place.

and if youre going very low on bodyfat, you will absolutely feel worn out and tired, no matter the diet method.

dont get too fat, the diet itself wont last as long.

i mean, ffs, a bbuilder can eat tons of shit foods and still have abs, so dont get too fat.
Meow   ;D

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2012, 07:28:36 PM »
Wrong-o on losing muscle.  Show the proof.   Also, there is ZERO proof to that broscience view of eating starchy carbs early and not at night. 

I like booty but sometimes her threads give me a headache, I mean migraine. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2012, 07:29:47 PM »
I respectfully disagree with your thesis.  I find keto sticks work great.  Just don't use them after downing a ton of water and you will not have dilute issues.  The headaches are being dramatized in this thread.  They go away after a couple days then you feel great.  Just natural response to the body withdrawing from something it has had a long time (carbs).  I highly recommend keto sticks for anyone going on a ketogenic diet. 

I understand, but you just made my point by saying to use the sticks after not downing a ton of water.  I went very minimal carbs and could tell I was in ketosis by taste in mouth.  After a few days I was full out ketosis.  Loved the CKD version.  I actually stopped ketogenic because I got tired of the massive amount of carbs needed on the weekend.

I felt stronger when eating so much fat.  One thing that MANY do not do is actually eat as much fat that is recommended.  Should be 50 - 60% of your calories.  Also, MANY try and do the chicken breast thing with egg whites.  You do NOT do that on ketogenic.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2012, 07:32:12 PM »
true, no need to restrict fat intake while in ketosis. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 07:34:14 PM »
true, no need to restrict fat intake while in ketosis. 

"I don't get it, I am eating very low carb and it sucks"

"what are you eating, say for a meal"

"6oz chicken breast with some asparagus"

"Adding butter or anything else to that meal"

"Heck no, I am trying to make sure I lose fat"

::)

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2012, 12:08:17 AM »
I understand, but you just made my point by saying to use the sticks after not downing a ton of water.  I went very minimal carbs and could tell I was in ketosis by taste in mouth.  After a few days I was full out ketosis.  Loved the CKD version.  I actually stopped ketogenic because I got tired of the massive amount of carbs needed on the weekend.

I felt stronger when eating so much fat.  One thing that MANY do not do is actually eat as much fat that is recommended.  Should be 50 - 60% of your calories.  Also, MANY try and do the chicken breast thing with egg whites.  You do NOT do that on ketogenic.
That's what I did on keto, had very little fat in my diet.  I don't like eating alot of fat though in general so I will stick with carb cycling as it works for me. 

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2012, 12:09:41 AM »
I like booty but sometimes her threads give me a headache, I mean migraine. 

:(

Have a wank, orgasms help get rid of migranes.   ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2012, 12:25:25 AM »

Everyone I know says the sticks don't work and here is why cause you have to be on no carbs for at least 10 days for you to get accurate measurements from the sticks. Everybody thinks after 4-5 days there is no carbs in the system, but there is and your water intake and your body temperature throws the keytones sticks off. But after 10 days no carbs consistently they start working great

Now as far as dieting is concerned, you don't have to take in fat on no carbs and you don't have to carb load on weekends if you don't want to, you will still burn fat as fast as humanly possible. Simple, no carbs, unlimited amounts of protein and who care how much fat you end up taking in and VOLLA, that's it and you will get absolutely fucken striated every time on this method

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2012, 12:39:49 AM »
you CAN eat too much protein on a zero carb diet and you CAN eat too much fat on a zero carb diet

calories in need to be less than calories out. 

certainly you can eat more calories than you normally would be able to if the majority of them are coming from protein, as protein takes quite a bit of energy to digest and the conversion of protein into an energy source (carbohydrate and fat) is inefficient...  but if you eat protein excessively it can stop fat loss. albeit it would be very difficult to gain any fat on a zero carb and zero fat diet no matter how much protein you ate.

also, low carb/no carb/keto diet wont necessarily make you lose muscle so long as protein is sufficient, however if you try training high intensity and high volume and a carb restricted diet its likely you will end up losing some muscle. so when dieting that way make sure to either limite volume or limit intensity (maybe try cycling between the two from workout to workout)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2012, 12:52:03 AM »
you CAN eat too much protein on a zero carb diet and you CAN eat too much fat on a zero carb diet

calories in need to be less than calories out. 

certainly you can eat more calories than you normally would be able to if the majority of them are coming from protein, as protein takes quite a bit of energy to digest and the conversion of protein into an energy source (carbohydrate and fat) is inefficient...  but if you eat protein excessively it can stop fat loss. albeit it would be very difficult to gain any fat on a zero carb and zero fat diet no matter how much protein you ate.

also, low carb/no carb/keto diet wont necessarily make you lose muscle so long as protein is sufficient, however if you try training high intensity and high volume and a carb restricted diet its likely you will end up losing some muscle. so when dieting that way make sure to either limite volume or limit intensity (maybe try cycling between the two from workout to workout)
No you can't, you don't know what you are talking about. You can eat unlimited amounts of protein period. Now with fat of course you have to limit yourself there obviously. Look fuck all the book shit you bring here all the time, this is the real world not text book bull shit. I get people into contest shape, lots of people and some twice a year bro, never have I and never would I ever restrict anyone's protein while getting ready to jump on stage. It's plain stupidity. Makes no sense at all, they are already getting shredded from no carbs why would you restrict their protein, pure dumb

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2012, 12:58:05 AM »
im not saying that 300, or 400, or even 500 grams of protein will slow inhibit fat loss if your not eating fats or carbs. obviously, 500 grams of protein is only 2000 calories. even a dude with only 150lbs of muscle mass on his frame could easily lose weight on that diet. if you are talking about a bodybuilder carrying 200lbs of lean muscle and working out 4-5 times per week, then obviously they can lose fat on 3000 calories or more..  meaning over 750grams of protein per day..  do you know anybody that will eat that much protein per day ???  ;D  ;D   but there ARE some idiots who will take your comments about being able to eat unlimited protein and still lose weight and so go out and buy lbs and lbs and lbs of lean steak and gorge themselves on barbecued meats all day long and wonder why they arent losing weight when you said they could have unlimited protein and still burn fat

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2012, 01:07:14 AM »
im not saying that 300, or 400, or even 500 grams of protein will slow inhibit fat loss if your not eating fats or carbs. obviously, 500 grams of protein is only 2000 calories. even a dude with only 150lbs of muscle mass on his frame could easily lose weight on that diet. if you are talking about a bodybuilder carrying 200lbs of lean muscle and working out 4-5 times per week, then obviously they can lose fat on 3000 calories or more..  meaning over 750grams of protein per day..  do you know anybody that will eat that much protein per day ???  ;D  ;D   but there ARE some idiots who will take your comments about being able to eat unlimited protein and still lose weight and so go out and buy lbs and lbs and lbs of lean steak and gorge themselves on barbecued meats all day long and wonder why they arent losing weight when you said they could have unlimited protein and still burn fat
Obviously not so why even bother mentioning it. Listen bro I know from experience if you do take 750 grams of protein or even a 1000 grams none of the calories past 500 grams will enter your body, you will be so sick and the protein will come out the other end as pure liquid. Your body doesn't even have enough digestive enzymes to process that amount of protein not to mention the discomfort would be enough to stop you from even eating further so your scenario of '' there is such thing as eating to much protein" doesn't even exist in reality.

and in the case your body does absorb it you would be so clogged up that the next day you wouldn't even be able to eat, trust me eat unlimited amounts of protein and every single person will be fine with this attitude, simple as that.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2012, 01:11:25 AM »
your wrong on both of those counts.

back when i was 18 and obsessed with getting lean i once thought the same thing. and let me tell you that yes your body can digest 1000's of grams of protein in one day and yes a person can eat that much and still be hungry. and yes doing so does inhibit fat loss.

which is why i make the point to bring it up. i dont want people reading your posts about unlimited protein and making the mistake of taking it literally and doing the same thing i did, wasting time not getting results cuz they are eating massive amounts of meat all day long.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2012, 01:19:10 AM »
your wrong on both of those counts.

back when i was 18 and obsessed with getting lean i once thought the same thing. and let me tell you that yes your body can digest 1000's of grams of protein in one day and yes a person can eat that much and still be hungry. and yes doing so does inhibit fat loss.

which is why i make the point to bring it up. i dont want people reading your posts about unlimited protein and making the mistake of taking it literally and doing the same thing i did, wasting time not getting results cuz they are eating massive amounts of meat all day long.

I never said it couldn't do it once, but every day for 4-5 + days, impossible, if you claim that you are talking smack. In a million years, mark my words you will never ever find someone that is not losing fat on absolutely no carbs cause his protein is to high, I swear on anything. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of in my entire life. If you believe that you need a reality check brother, no wonder you will never be shredded cause you don't have a clue of what you are talking about, bro I have been peeled and 100's have been peeled on my directions, I know exactly what I am talking about, I am right,you are wrong. No one will ever stop losing fat on no carbs cause their protein is to high, I can't even believe what I am reading, wow.