Author Topic: Keto Idea..?  (Read 10167 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Keto Idea..?
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2012, 08:16:55 PM »
You should be eating brocolli.  It's one of the best veges out there.  I can eat two whole bunches for dinner....steamed.  I love it.  

Thanks Booty, don't get the wrong idea.  I'm just doing the Keto thing for an extra boost.  I want to look good for our date.  ;D

I robably eat a lot like you do.  8)

I usually eat fruit, vegis, and beans like they're going out of style.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2012, 08:31:26 PM »
Sad but true, I can verify this. You`d think you would be on low energy all the time due to the low carbs, and sure you do sometimes, but after you`ve been on a diet for sometime and have a workout in the gym, you feel more energized than ever. I bet many of you have noticed after you`ve finished a diet and went back to eating carbs, that you were beginning to feel slow, lazy and less focused. The kind of feeling that makes you not want to go off a diet at all. Thats why I ONLY eat very raw carb sources if Im not on a diet like oatmeal, broccoli, brown rice. The more raw and natural the better. I tell you, switching from white rice to brown rice makes a HUGE difference in your (regular) diet, and your well being. If it wasnt for school, Id probably be on low carbs all the time, because it makes you feel better, look better, and not to mention lose the excessive water, which is a big problem with carbs. Every 1 grams of carbs binds 3 cals in the body. So lets say you eat a meal consisted of 100g of carbs. That makes 400 cals just from the carbs and another 300 cals from the water. Being carb sensitiv doesnt help either, it makes you bloated and look fat.

What am I getting at here? Oh yes, carbs are bad, mmmmkaaaaay? ;D

I'm not sure but I think you meant to say that for every gram of glycogen in the body it holds 3 grams of water.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2012, 08:37:45 PM »
Thanks Booty, don't get the wrong idea.  I'm just doing the Keto thing for an extra boost.  I want to look good for our date.  ;D

I robably eat a lot like you do.  8)

I usually eat fruit, vegis, and beans like they're going out of style.
I can't go for a date on no carbs...no energy, too sweet and no life or fire in my eyes!   ;D 
True story, went on a date with a new guy when I was prepping for my first show and I was really depleted.  Had lost 2 kilos that week and it was too much for me.  Anyway, after I carbed up on a day full of rice etc I saw him again and he's like "what happened to you?".  I said "I had carbs".   ;D  He preferred me just sitting there like a dead fish on the date apparently. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2012, 08:38:51 PM »
I can't go for a date on no carbs...no energy, too sweet and no life or fire in my eyes!   ;D 
True story, went on a date with a new guy when I was prepping for my first show and I was really depleted.  Had lost 2 kilos that week and it was too much for me.  Anyway, after I carbed up on a day full of rice etc I saw him again and he's like "what happened to you?".  I said "I had carbs".   ;D  He preferred me just sitting there like a dead fish on the date apparently. 

hahahahah!!!  ;D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2012, 08:42:50 PM »
What about Broccoli?  I like Broccoli and all these sites say I can eat a lot of it.  The bag of frozen Broccoli says it has 6 carbs per serving?

???

Eat raw spinach. Keeps the skin from getting wrinkles.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2012, 08:51:45 PM »
What about Broccoli?  I like Broccoli and all these sites say I can eat a lot of it.  The bag of frozen Broccoli says it has 6 carbs per serving?

???

Brokkli (gh15 tribute) is very low in gycemic index and will not cause much insulin release. Plus out of those 6 grams of carbs 2 or 3 of them are probably from fiber which has no effect of blood sugar.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2012, 11:14:09 PM »

???

One of my favorite "quick fixes" to get into shape quickly is eating ground bison and steamed broccoli.  For some reason, that food combination works extremely well for getting me lean very quickly. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2012, 11:19:41 PM »
Brokkli (gh15 tribute) is very low in gycemic index and will not cause much insulin release. Plus out of those 6 grams of carbs 2 or 3 of them are probably from fiber which has no effect of blood sugar.

Thank you, good explenation!!!  I searched bodybuilding.com and getbig and couldn't find anything.  Going to have a bowl of Brokkli before I go back to bed.  8)

One of my favorite "quick fixes" to get into shape quickly is eating ground bison and steamed broccoli.  For some reason, that food combination works extremely well for getting me lean very quickly. 

Cool, I love bison!  It's like beef concentrated!

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2012, 11:28:04 PM »
I love brocolli and steamed fish with a squeezed lemon or lime over it.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2012, 12:51:44 AM »
I love brocolli and steamed fish with a squeezed lemon or lime over it.

Will you be disappointed if I take you to Outback Steakhouse?  ???

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2012, 12:57:48 AM »

Bah!...Outback doesn't have teriyaki steak.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2012, 01:00:01 AM »
I have never been there.  We have Hogs Breath here.   :P
Tonight I am having turkish food.  I am thinking either a falafel roll or a stuffed capsicum and stuffed eggplant.  I can't decide. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2012, 01:00:38 AM »
Tonight I am having turkish food.  I am thinking either a falafel roll or a stuffed capsicum and stuffed eggplant.  I can't decide. 

That sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2012, 01:01:56 AM »
Bah!...Outback doesn't have teriyaki steak.

Hmmmmmmmmm... This could be a problem  :P

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2012, 01:02:50 AM »
That sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know, it all sounds good.   :P  I read this thread and now I just want to go on a vege carb binge big time.  The capsicum is stuffed with rice.  
If I want to be bad I can eat Baklava for dessert.  

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2012, 01:06:36 AM »

Outback Steakhouse is a chain based in Florida...they made up the name for the same reason that a New Jersey based ice cream company use the name Hagen Daz...To bring to the mind of customers exotic places.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2012, 01:09:09 AM »
Outback Steakhouse is a chain based in Florida...they made up the name for the same reason that a New Jersey based ice cream company use the name Hagen Daz...To bring to the mind of customers exotic places.
I like exotic. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2012, 01:09:29 AM »
I know, it all sounds good.   :P  I read this thread and now I just want to go on a vege carb binge big time.  The capsicum is stuffed with rice.  
If I want to be bad I can eat Baklava for dessert.  

YOU JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2012, 01:10:53 AM »
YOU JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(
Well yeah.  I just want to eat all the good food you are missing out on.   ;D  Exotic, tastey carbs....Mmmmmmmm   :P

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2012, 01:28:26 AM »
Theres lots of carbs in my cum.
Nice try but that's all protein.  :D I am on a exotic carb binge tonight. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2012, 05:27:05 AM »

::)  spoken like a true bodybuilding douche.  Hmm...my guess is thats not the onlyplace you are a dead fish.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2012, 05:30:45 AM »
Nice try but that's all protein.  :D I am on a exotic carb binge tonight. 

No homo, but its not "all protein".  Fructose, vitamin C, etc, etc.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2012, 06:10:28 AM »
I just ate a whole bag of pink foam shrimps for lunch from marks and spencer it was epic.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2012, 10:30:16 PM »
Not to bump this dumb thread again, but I drank a giant glass of apple juice, had an avocado, some beans, and fried chicken and all of a sudden my little bit of muscle has blown back up like the fucking hulk.  8)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2012, 01:12:45 AM »
Not to bump this dumb thread again, but I drank a giant glass of apple juice, had an avocado, some beans, and fried chicken and all of a sudden my little bit of muscle has blown back up like the fucking hulk.  8)

Also noticed this from keto. A few months ago I was in ketosis for several weeks then went to my buddies bday party and had the usual keto friendly food but also some Jo Jo potatoes and a slice of birthday (and alcohol) I blew up pretty well.