Author Topic: Lee Haney versus the current crop  (Read 38524 times)

wild willie

• Getbig V
Lee Haney versus the current crop
« on: September 18, 2012, 07:00:43 AM »
I will say that Lee Haney in prime condition.......ie 88, 89 and 91......90 was not his best showing....would absolutely devour any of the current fellas.....Branch.....Ph il....Dennis.....etc.

That type of physique will not be seen again......sadly!!!

The judges have ruined the sport and they are the real reason people are turned off.

I know I am not saying anything new here......but I just get so put off by the current system.

These guys today step on stage at over 270......but Lee at 230....had such lines and shape etc!!!!

Why would the sport that wants to be accepted so much......move in this direction.

Deplorable is the only word to describe the sport today.

My 2 cents.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
Re: Lee Haney versus the current crop
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 07:21:31 AM »
you give Haney the drug protocol guys are doing today and he would be a MONSTER!!!!  Same with Sergio.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 07:37:56 AM »
Big Mike.....

I am saying that Lee would beat them without the gear these dudes are taking......Lee has that build....physique.....ph ysical harmony....whatever you want to call it......that would always outclass most everyone on stage. He had a back that was developed without the gear that these guys are on today.....that in my opinion is proof right there!!!!

Lee had a special look to him.....as did Paris and Labrada and Samir etc........the ifbb pros competing today just can't hang with that look......as I stated earlier.....these guys are coming in at 270 and heavier.....but not even close to the quality and class of King Haney.

Ask yourself this.......Put Lee or even Paris up against Branch or Wolf or Ruhl......My lord.....it isn't even a contest......It is like comparing a dump truck to a Porsche.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 07:44:26 AM »
Should he? Yes.

Would he? Nope...not with today's judging standards. Sad as it may be.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 07:45:16 AM »
I think a good way to look at it, would be to take the current crop to haney's day, so to speak, and then compare them to haney, they'd look like shit on mid 80s cycles and methods. IMO they'd get crushed by labrada, ray, gaspari, de mey, and obviously haney

Haney on todays stacks and ancillaries while possibly better than what we have, would still not be a pretty sight

However! Take haney or sergio to the mid/late 90s era, with what the guys were on, and let them emulate the look of the time,  AND THEN we'd see something unbelievable!!!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 07:59:44 AM »
We......the fans......should judge bodybuilding shows.

The guys from the 80s and early 90s would probably steer clear of what the blokes today are using.

Nothing wrong with deca.....cyp.....anadrol ...etc.......but the insulin is out of hand.

Just my feelings on the matter.  BY the way......why would any of the old guys......Sergio....Lee and the others want to use what these current guys are using.....all they would do is ruin their physiques.

IMHO

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 08:08:03 AM »
you give Haney the drug protocol guys are doing today and he would be a MONSTER!!!!  Same with Sergio.
Sergio and Lee were monsters.....monsters with shape and a look that was rather pleasing to the eye......These guys today are nothing more than cattle.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 08:12:50 AM »
I think a good way to look at it, would be to take the current crop to haney's day, so to speak, and then compare them to haney, they'd look like shit on mid 80s cycles and methods. IMO they'd get crushed by labrada, ray, gaspari, de mey, and obviously haney

Haney on todays stacks and ancillaries while possibly better than what we have, would still not be a pretty sight

However! Take haney or sergio to the mid/late 90s era, with what the guys were on, and let them emulate the look of the time,  AND THEN we'd see something unbelievable!!!
Take Dennis Wolf or Evan or Seth....etc.....and compare them to Lee Haney.....Lee wins every time......Lee in 91 would beat any of the guys today......period......t he bbers of today all have big guts and they all look the same......no shape whatsoever.

ukjeff

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 08:14:18 AM »
t he bbers of today all have big guts and they all look the same
So by definition if Haney were competing today he would have the gut as well.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 08:21:37 AM »
NO......NO.....NO......N O

Lee Haney....with his 1991 physique would beat these so called bbers of today.

Plain and simple........His physique would outclass these blokes that use synthol and insulin.

Haney would only use what he did back in 1991.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 08:27:19 AM »
NO......NO.....NO......NO

Lee Haney....with his 1991 physique would beat these so called bbers of today.

Plain and simple........His physique would outclass these blokes that use synthol and insulin.

Haney would only use what he did back in 1991.

Yes, but he would beat them in 1991, not today, because judging has changed, hence the current state of things.

But if you mean according to us fans as "judges", then of course, no doubt. The top 6 in 88 for example compared to current top 6 of abominations, no contest..

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 08:55:47 AM »
Figo.....

That is why I said we the fans.....should judge bbing shows.

The judges really have a warped sense of what bbers should look like.

You tell me anyone out there that thinks bbing is headed in the right direction today....and I will kiss your heiney.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 09:01:31 AM »
Big Mike.....

I am saying that Lee would beat them without the gear these dudes are taking......Lee has that build....physique.....ph ysical harmony....whatever you want to call it......that would always outclass most everyone on stage. He had a back that was developed without the gear that these guys are on today.....that in my opinion is proof right there!!!!

Lee had a special look to him.....as did Paris and Labrada and Samir etc........the ifbb pros competing today just can't hang with that look......as I stated earlier.....these guys are coming in at 270 and heavier.....but not even close to the quality and class of King Haney.

Ask yourself this.......Put Lee or even Paris up against Branch or Wolf or Ruhl......My lord.....it isn't even a contest......It is like comparing a dump truck to a Porsche.

Oh, I totally agree with you. I was just saying how much better he would have looked with today's goodies.

I saw him 6 weeks before the 1990 Olympia and have NEVER seen anyone look like that. I was in awe. I was 16 at the time and had no idea a human could get THAT big and lean! He talked to me for a good ten minutes and was the most down to earth guy. At his best, he was amaziing!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 09:12:16 AM »
Oh, I totally agree with you. I was just saying how much better he would have looked with today's goodies.

I saw him 6 weeks before the 1990 Olympia and have NEVER seen anyone look like that. I was in awe. I was 16 at the time and had no idea a human could get THAT big and lean! He talked to me for a good ten minutes and was the most down to earth guy. At his best, he was amaziing!

Yes indeed.....Lee Haney is a class act and a great rep for the sport.

I would want him to stay away from today's goodies.....and just do what he did back in the 80s and 90s...the insulin and synthol has no place in bbing.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 09:24:59 AM »
Figo.....

That is why I said we the fans.....should judge bbing shows.

The judges really have a warped sense of what bbers should look like.

You tell me anyone out there that thinks bbing is headed in the right direction today....and I will kiss your heiney.

Some kids might think that they look good

But you're 100% spot on IMO, why would anyone want to look like todays bbers

ukjeff

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 09:28:23 AM »
 Bodies like Paris ,Labrada, Benfatto would get people looking in admiration, todays champs just get people laughing and ridiculing.

Bob talking a lot of sense (ahead of his time)

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 09:33:40 AM »
Labrada's 1992 Olympia physique was so damn impressive. He was hard, dry and shredded.

BBing started to go downhill in 1993

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 10:35:52 AM »
Bodies like Paris ,Labrada, Benfatto would get people looking in admiration, todays champs just get people laughing and ridiculing.

AWESOME clip. Im a huge Paris fan. What's that clip from??

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 11:27:07 AM »
AWESOME clip. Im a huge Paris fan. What's that clip from??

Pretty sure it was from The Challengers video,i had this video way back in 1986.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 01:01:41 PM »

so who's more handsome, paris or our own go4it?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 06:58:03 PM »
Lee was cool met him several times he judged some contest's I was in, and yes he was the last of the small waisted era before all this bullshit we have today. Pro BB has gotten ugly.

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 11:15:28 AM »
strange all those threads to me . i saw lee haney in person and i was more or les impressed . yes a lot of quaality muscle . but his arms and calves were not matarazzo .. could say the same with arnold in top shape in the 70,s . some weaknesses too . evolution in bodybuilding means bigger and bigger more size . . . AND YET THERE IS MORE TO IT THAN  that ... maybe yes the waistline is not beautiful on todays  bodybuilders .

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 12:06:27 AM »

Are you fucking nuts? Dennis Wolf next to Haney is not the same as a dump truck next to a Porsche!

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 12:09:26 AM »

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 12:12:52 AM »
I am not even sure Haney could qualify for the olympia these days. did he ever come in without a film of water and soft glutes ?