Author Topic: Lee Haney versus the current crop  (Read 38796 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Lee Haney versus the current crop
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 12:14:51 AM »
Big Mike.....

I am saying that Lee would beat them without the gear these dudes are taking......Lee has that build....physique.....ph ysical harmony....whatever you want to call it......that would always outclass most everyone on stage. He had a back that was developed without the gear that these guys are on today.....that in my opinion is proof right there!!!!

Lee had a special look to him.....as did Paris and Labrada and Samir etc........the ifbb pros competing today just can't hang with that look......as I stated earlier.....these guys are coming in at 270 and heavier.....but not even close to the quality and class of King Haney.

Ask yourself this.......Put Lee or even Paris up against Branch or Wolf or Ruhl......My lord.....it isn't even a contest......It is like comparing a dump truck to a Porsche.

Beat them in what? in a fan-base opinion? or what you mean is you think he looks better?.... Cause you can't possibly mean in a bodybuilding show, I mean I like Haney's physique way better then these nasty physiques today and Haney looked amazing but the judges today would not place Haney's physique on top, they simply wouldn't, that is common sense. But like BMC says if he took what today's pros take of course he would be on top.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 07:15:48 AM »
Some of you blokes are confusing insulin size......with quality muscle size.....BIG DIFFERENCE!

AND YES......I STAND BY MY EARLIER STATEMENT......THESE BBERS TODAY ARE DUMP TRUCKS.....

LEE HANEY IS A PORSCHE!!!

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 07:32:25 AM »
Wolf and Beyeke look more aesthetic at their bests than Haney ever looked. And he would get outmassed under current scoring criteria. Rose tinted glasses.
Trans Milkshake.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2012, 07:41:19 AM »
I liked Haney, but his condition, legs, and arms would be exposed.
Y

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 08:38:13 AM »
after lee came dorian . then ronnie .. bigger and bigger ..

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2012, 08:44:25 AM »
Wolf and Beyeke look more aesthetic at their bests than Haney ever looked. And he would get outmassed under current scoring criteria. Rose tinted glasses.

Same goes for all mr olympias up to a 94 yates. In current times, with current standards, they wouldn't even turn pro

I believe wild willie is going at the comparison from a personal preference perspective, not onstage success

POTA

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2012, 08:46:19 AM »
after lee came dorian . then ronnie .. bigger and bigger ..
But after Ronnie came the current crop, who are smaller and smaller. The size game peaked in 2002/2003 with guys like Marcus, Gunter and Ronnie, who dwarf everyone on stage before and after.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 08:50:57 AM »

Nice assertion , now how about an explanation?

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2012, 08:53:15 AM »
Same goes for all mr olympias up to a 94 yates. In current times, with current standards, they wouldn't even turn pro

I believe wild willie is going at the comparison from a personal preference perspective, not onstage success

True, But Haney was the mass monster of his era, Guys like Demay, Paris, Benfatto et cetera had prettier physiques, so to say lets take it back to Haney's day because he has better aesthetics is slightly off base because that isn't why he won.

But yeah he looked a lot better than a lot of the Olympia competitors.
Trans Milkshake.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2012, 09:03:34 AM »

True, But Haney was the mass monster of his era, Guys like Demay, Paris, Benfatto et cetera had prettier physiques, so to say lets take it back to Haney's day because he has better aesthetics is slightly off base because that isn't why he won.

But yeah he looked a lot better than a lot of the Olympia competitors.
he looked better than any current guy IMO

Wild willie is obviously a haney fan, and yes he was definitely not as aesthetic as contemporaries such as paris, labrada, de mey, ray. But he was mr olympia, so top of the crop at the time

I'd venture to say, one guy that would do well nowadays, if he could dial it in, would be Phil Hill, what do you say ?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2012, 09:10:33 AM »
Would have been interesting to see what Shawn Ray would have looked like just one time if he added 25 pounds to his frame before retiring.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2012, 09:12:26 AM »
Wolf is more aesthetic than Haney  ::)

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2012, 09:13:16 AM »
he looked better than any current guy IMO

Wild willie is obviously a haney fan, and yes he was definitely not as aesthetic as contemporaries such as paris, labrada, de mey, ray. But he was mr olympia, so top of the crop at the time

I'd venture to say, one guy that would do well nowadays, if he could dial it in, would be Phil Hill, what do you say ?

I thought Phil had great shape, full muscle bellies. i think a lot of the guys from the eighties have better genetics than todays guys, if they used what they are using today, then i think they would be better under todays criteria.

Phil was a bit narrow so i'm not sure whether he could beat Heath though. ;D
Trans Milkshake.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2012, 09:13:55 AM »
Would have been interesting to see what Shawn Ray would have looked like just one time if he added 25 pounds to his frame before retiring.
;D

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2012, 09:16:15 AM »
Wolf is more aesthetic than Haney  ::)

Oh shit, ND with his selective pictures again.
Trans Milkshake.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2012, 09:19:56 AM »

Oh shit, ND with his selective pictures again.

Oh shit you CAN NOT call Wolf more aesthetic than Haney when he looks 9 months pregnant , I dare you to find me a pic of Haney anywhere near that , it can't be done.

It's not aesthetic in ANY context of the word

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2012, 09:22:42 AM »
Oh shit you CAN NOT call Wolf more aesthetic than Haney when he looks 9 months pregnant , I dare you to find me a pic of Haney anywhere near that , it can't be done.

All modern pro's look like that after they have been pro a few years, i said at his best, which was around the time he turned pro and also at the 07 Olympia. You can find bad pictures of anyone.
Trans Milkshake.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2012, 09:28:24 AM »

All modern pro's look like that after they have been pro a few years, i said at his best, which was around the time he turned pro and also at the 07 Olympia. You can find bad pictures of anyone.

So all modern pros look like that ? and ? find me a pic of Haney like that you can't. that gut is NOT aesthetic in any context of the word , so your assertion that Wolf is more aesthetic than Haney is false.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 09:32:55 AM »
So all modern pros look like that ? and ? find me a pic of Haney like that you can't. that gut is NOT aesthetic in any context of the word , so your assertion that Wolf is more aesthetic than Haney is false.

His physique is not a constant, i don't see your point. Or shall we compare current day Haney to present day Wolf.

If i had said any version of Wolf i could understand your point, the reason why Wolf developed a stomach is because of modern judging criteria, Haney would too.
Trans Milkshake.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 09:39:44 AM »

His physique is not a constant, i don't see your point. Or shall we compare current day Haney to present day Wolf.

If i had said any version of Wolf i could understand your point, the reason why Wolf developed a stomach is because of modern judging criteria, Haney would too.

Wolf always had a gut , it's getting worse but it's always been there , Haney no

Yates , Momo , Lou , all had guts , Shawn Ray and Levrone never did , you can't say Haney would have had one

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2012, 09:43:19 AM »
Wolf always had a gut , it's getting worse but it's always been there , Haney no

Yates , Momo , Lou , all had guts , Shawn Ray and Levrone never did , you can't say Haney would have had one

You can't say he would've, but you can't. also say he wouldn't. Early Ronnie also didn't look gut-prone

Tim belknap had a bit of a gut

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2012, 09:46:58 AM »
You can't say he would've, but you can't. also say he wouldn't. Early Ronnie also didn't look gut-prone

Tim belknap had a bit of a gut

This is actually Ronnie 96 already starting to show  :-\

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2012, 09:48:39 AM »

No he didn't always have a gut ffs lol. He developed it as he tried to pack on more and more mass, as the criteria dictates. Kevin had a distended stomach a few years and i think that Haney although having a small waist was set up that way too, you can see it in some of his pictures.

Personal opinion, Wolf at his best is a lot more aesthetic than Haney.
Trans Milkshake.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2012, 10:25:20 AM »

Wolfe is doing a BDB. I look like a pregnant bitch when i do that pose. You are not focusing on keeping your abs tight.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2012, 11:30:20 AM »
This is actually Ronnie 96 already starting to show  :-\

I mean 92 / 93 Ronnie

He was a big guy already. Some could have thought at the time that he'd reached his max. Would never say he'd be growing a gut.

The body is not made for that kind of mass. Momo was virtually square off-season, I'm not even exaggerating.
One that stands out for carrying a lot of size, and come contest time, always tight midsection is priest